Sign in to follow this  

Indy Car, Was It A Bad Call In Long Beach Pit Cut?

Do you think that giving Pagenaud just a warning instead of a penalty for cutting the pit line was a bad call? Mike Hull even said that there would be no warnings this season.

No, because others had done it during the race and only gotten a warning. Chilton only got a warning for cutting the corner 3 times as well. It was a fair penalty.

Yeah I think a warning was fine. It sucks that it determined the race result but it was a consistent call with the other warnings. 

Yeah I think a warning was fine. It sucks that it determined the race result but it was a consistent call with the other warnings. 
I think that Max cutting the corner twice should have been a penalty.

True but if you're only giving a warning to someone who clearly cut the course multiple times, a warning is consistent to someone who cut pit exit line by 6 inches. 

True but if you're only giving a warning to someone who clearly cut the course multiple times, a warning is consistent to someone who cut pit exit line by 6 inches. 
Ya, that makes sense. The stewards need to brush up on the rules, LOL! :D