Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PS4 Force Feedback Bug? T300 has terrible FFB!

Can someone from Codemasters please comment as to whether they're aware of an issue with the FFB on the PS4 - This is using the T300. I've seen comments on this forum and elsewhere complaining that the force feedback is very poor, with very little feel of being on the road, leading to a very floaty, arcade feeling experience. This is apparently not the case on the PC or the XBOX ONE where the force feedback is apparently excellent.
This is using the settings that Thrustmaster suggest, outlined here:
https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterOfficial/posts/835787919884226
With these applied, the FFB is still very disappointing on the PS4.

I'd just love to know whether this is a bug and can be fixed, or whether this is how it will remain.

Thanks

Good luck on getting CM to admit to that, I've found that if I use my t300 wheel in PS3 mode instead of PS4 mode the ffb is a lot better but still on the weak side.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that.
Live in hope that Codemasters will look into it and provide a fix, as it's ruining the game for me.

I'm also waiting for a reply and hopefully a fix. I've stopped playing the game for now because the lack of any wheel weight is ruining the driving for me.

Found it quite hard to find any details of this when looking online, so would be good to try and keep promoting this thread so that anyone else with the same issue can share their experience. 
Thing is: if it is just a bug, it's hopefully fixable. There shouldn't be any reason the FFB works great on PC and XBOX ONE and not PS4. If so, would be good just to hear someone from Codemasters let us know so we don't have to keep patrolling forums in the hope someone's come up with some kind of workaround.

I have the same problem with the T150, I put all settings on 150% and nothing change still weak ffb, we need a patch for ps4 to fix that

Same issue for me as well T150/T300 the front wheel drive cars ain't to bad but not on par with project cars but the rear wheel drive cars there's hardly any ffb at all so i've been sticking with the fwd for the time being and hoping a patch comes our way sooner rather than later .

Set SAT to at least 50% because it is a heavy wheel you have there. On FB's Thrustmaster page, SAT is set between 0% and 15% which is quite minimal for a t300rs and will make the FFB barely responsive. Otherwise, fiddle with the SAT to correspond your driving style.

Thanks Darhour, will try this along with the 'use in PS3 mode' tip that Madwak suggested, but this seems like more of a workaround than an actual fix

Oh, you mean Self Aligning Torque...I thought you meant saturation.
I know what TB suggest, I've put up the link to their settings twice now on this thread, as well as maxing everything out. Still rubbish FFB.

I agree, pcars blows it out the water. Must just be a ps4 thing as Xbox and pc never seem to complain? The only good thing about having rubbish ffb is it means I can play rally cross without the problems that people with good ffb are having so that's a bonus :-) 

I've tried PS3 mode but the FFB is still weak. The sliders do nothing to increase the wheel weight and feedback strength, even with everything set to 150%.

It's been bumped to one of the community officers on the forum, hopefully will get passed to the devs

jonnow said:
I've tried PS3 mode but the FFB is still weak. The sliders do nothing to increase the wheel weight and feedback strength, even with everything set to 150%.
I've just swapped my t300 for a t500 and the difference is like night and day, so there is definitely  a problem with ps4 and t300 with dirt rally.

I don't think it's anything that's gotten worse over time, it just appears to be poor from the outset as far as I can tell

Any update from Codies on this ?
It's so frustrating to have a dull, lifeless FFB feel on what is a great Rally sim ! I know what my T300 wheel is capable of from playing pCARS, DriveClub and even GT6, but there's virtually no feel on DiRT. I've tried everything from using the Thrustmaster profile preset, the settings from Thrustmaster's site, others settings from various forums etc and neither gives the fine feeling XBone or PC users are raving over. 
I feel cheated and ignored by Codemasters by simple fact of their stony silence on this obvious fault for PS4 users with the T300 wheel. When there were (and still are) issues on the pCARS forums, their devs, and even head boss Ian Bell, were very vocal in explaining or defending these issues. 
C'mon Codies, give us something to give us hope that this is being worked on, even an acknowledgement that you're reading these numerous posts on this would be a start ! You don't want to be thought of as PD / Kaz with their total blanket secrecy of GT now do you !!

A response! Have a look here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dirtgame/status/725612285046214656

Thankyou Codemasters for at least putting a response out

Oh, I forgot to add, turning every FFB setting up to 150% (much like is quoted in the Thrustmaster recommended setup) does give the wheel some much needed weight, it then wipes out any meaningful feel ! Like Peter Gabriel once sang "Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise"
If I set the FFB to 100% on pCARS, I can hardly turn the wheel, so why does everything need to be 150% for DiRT ? 

My10 said:
A response! Have a look here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dirtgame/status/725612285046214656

Thankyou Codemasters for at least putting a response out

That's all well and good, but why oh why did they not issue a response right here, on their own forum ?
Not every customer of theirs is on Twitter (myself included), so it would be blinding obvious to issue a statement right here, where the majority would get to see it !!!!

Just bumping this thread in the hope the DEVS are actually reading these posts and hopefully will make an announcement this issue is being looked into. 
There has not even been an acknowledgement on the forums the T300 / PS4 combo has got a serious FFB problem !

@ChristinaMc has acknowledged it on her profile - and says the devs are working on it as a 'priority', but it would be nice to get a time frame. I've still barely played it