Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[IMPROVEMENT] FINE Tuning SetUp

I feel that the tuning set ups in DR are far too inaccurate for anyone to make a car that is finely tuned for fast and comfortable racing. For example, one click on the suspension toe in/out could mean the car being set up perfectly/over steering/under steering/or trying to kill you...

Let's change this.
Discuss.

I find setup variants to be terrific in this game, if you think about what you are doing

It's fine as is, in my opinion. Had they put a rocket science lab like in RBR, the majority wouldn't know up from down. It's simplified just enough to make sense, and the tooltips tells you exactly what the values are changing.

Even though some settings have some "hidden" effects, once you experiment a bit the set up screen becomes highly intuitive and provides great results in a short amount of time.
Honestly, if you compare it with the pCARS setup screen for example, it's on a completely different level. The one in pCARS is trying to squeeze everything into small space which makes it incredibly chaotic and unintuitive.

Seriously, spend more time, experiment more and you'll be able to set the cars up just the way you like them. I know that I am, at least for tarmac xD

cjl9 said:
How, exactly, do you propose doing that?
I meant more shortening each 'Click' as it is i the menu.. Know what I'm saying?
Like for example moving the brake bias slider 'one click' can/could be a huge difference in vehicle handling, and sometimes the clicks feel so big that you cant find a happy medium between the 'clicks' and the car either understeers or oversteers under braking... 

All im saying is that it'd be nice if they made the 'clicks' narrower/smaller for a little more finicky fine tuning..