Jump to content Jump to content

Vote kick being abused

Yep, happening a lot on PC as well.  I was kicked for trying to kick a group of wreckers, but there was more of them than me.  Just moved onto another room and forgot about as there is nothing you can do...
I've been kicked a few times because I've won 7-8 races in a row, you just have to deal with it I guess. It's unfortunate but it's always going to be a problem.

I'm not sure whether going back to GRID 1's voting system would work, where you are unable to see how many kick votes other people had. I honestly prefer being able to see who is being voted to kick so that I know who to be cautious around when I enter a lobby in case they like to wreck people.
I have seen one votekick, but that guy weas decent and thought i wouldn't vote for it. I made the decisive call and he didn't get kicked :). I will watch out when i will vote and will not go with the masses, well only if it's neccesary, like people that are purposely crashing into other racers.
I entered an online playlist session where all the other drivers were level 1 or 2. They vote kicked me before I even had a chance to race... But I think its better to have a votekick system than not to have one, even if it gets abused. Don't know what the motivation is to abuse it. Does a faster driver winning races really ruin their experience that much? They can still have a good race amongst themselves. Is the number on your screen at the end of the race really that important? Oh well, there are some things that I will never understand, I suppose.
I have seen one votekick, but that guy weas decent and thought i wouldn't vote for it. I made the decisive call and he didn't get kicked :). I will watch out when i will vote and will not go with the masses, well only if it's neccesary, like people that are purposely crashing into other racers.
Same here . . .even if I've seen the guy being a bit ambitious so what, watch some late night TV touring cars racing programs and they are all being a bit ambitious . . .plus I've never had a "herd" mentality . . . more tea ?
~O)
sucr4m said:
Well for what its worth the game is 1000 times better off with a votekick system in place.
I agree . . .this is what we kept trying to get back on Grid 1.

It's unfortunate that some rage and/or jealous players will abuse the system but overall it's the fairest way to do it, and on balance I choose to believe there are more idiots removed than those on the end of a wrong kick.

A good racing game raises the adrenalin and the passion, a fiery mixture to give us helpless humans, so things do get done in the heat of the moment . .
~O)