Sign in to follow this  

2016 Formula 1 Smirnoff Russian Grand Prix

Kvyat should be given the black flag. And when I say given, I mean beaten to death with it.

Good 1-2 for Mercedes.                                   

Bloody paparazzi taking picture of me last night.

Hughesy said:

Bloody paparazzi taking picture of me last night.
Nah this was you last night, with your comfy chair lol. 

Could do with a safety car about now.

Mexicola said:
Kvyat should be given the black flag. And when I say given, I mean beaten to death with it.
Agree and he even ruined Ricciardo's race when he hit Vettel forcing him into Ricciardo.

Lewis has a water pressure issue, so either he needs a piss or his car is having a piss....

Mexicola said:
Agree and he even ruined Ricciardo's race when he hit Vettel forcing him into Ricciardo.
To be fair, Red Bull putting the mediums on wasn't the best call. 

Really happy about McLaren though, it's great to see them competitive again.

Rosberg drove another flawless race. Hamilton, while he benefited from Kvyat, he drove flawlessly too. Those Mercs are unbeatable at the moment.

Interesting race up until the first pit stops. After that it was your typical Russian GP. Pirelli should have brought the ultra soft. Oh well.

Absolutely gutted for Vettel, can't wait to hear if Kvyat thinks this is "racing" too. Good result for Renault and McLaren. All in all pretty predictable however.

Oh yeah, drive of the day goes to Alonso, in my opinion. Great drive on a difficult circuit for McLaren.

Looks like @VetteIfan is gonna have to update Rosberg's Sabotage Diary.
It probably deserves its own thread at this point :p You can't fault Rosberg, he's driven perfectly, but I don't think I've ever seen a run of races play so favourably in to someone's hands in recent memory. 

And you're very correct Jiggy, this is turning in to a shit season to be a Vettel fan. The hit at turn 3 from Kvyat was such poor driving it looked borderline intentional. Had me quite hot for the first 10 or so laps and unfortunately it couldn't even be made up for with a good race.

Although major props to Magnussen dragging that dog of a car to a 7th place finish. A few strong contenders for driver of the day but that has to take the cake. 

Yea I can't fault Rosberg, he has driven very well all season, yes he's had luck go his way but I can't fault his race pace.

I hope Maldonado, oops I mean Kvyat gets a ban, as its getting rediculous now. I really want Vettel challenging the Mercs.

For me Alonso is the driver of the day, I didn't think I'd be saying that but it's good to see McLaren getting points.

I personally felt that the first collision between them wasn't Kyvat's fault, but today, he actually was being an amateur.

If this keeps up, Kyvat vs. Vettel 2016 is going to be the new Massa vs. Hamilton 2011.

Crazy first lap, and actually I was kind of surprised Lewis wasn't under investigation for perhaps gaining an advantage by going wide at T2. He went into the corner behind Vettel and Kvyat and emerged ahead, although he was briefly overtaken by Vettel before he was hit, so I guess that's why nothing happened.

It just keeps on getting better for Rosberg, he has driven brilliantly, you can't take it away from him. I was randomly thinking last night what the championship would look like had the season started from Mexico last season, when Rosberg started his winning streak, and it's like this.

So no huge change at the top, but Bottas would be doing far better. Also Verstappen would be doing a bit better compared to Sainz than he is at the moment, despite his engine problems today. He really does keep on impressing me.

I would say it's almost 100% certain he'll be in the Red Bull next year, it's just who he replaces. If Kvyat stops crashing then he can beat Ricciardo, but it's so close to call.

MBKF1 said:
Crazy first lap, and actually I was kind of surprised Lewis wasn't under investigation for perhaps gaining an advantage by going wide at T2. He went into the corner behind Vettel and Kvyat and emerged ahead, although he was briefly overtaken by Vettel before he was hit, so I guess that's why nothing happened.

It just keeps on getting better for Rosberg, he has driven brilliantly, you can't take it away from him. I was randomly thinking last night what the championship would look like had the season started from Mexico last season, when Rosberg started his winning streak, and it's like this.

So no huge change at the top, but Bottas would be doing far better. Also Verstappen would be doing a bit better compared to Sainz than he is at the moment, despite his engine problems today. He really does keep on impressing me.

I would say it's almost 100% certain he'll be in the Red Bull next year, it's just who he replaces. If Kvyat stops crashing then he can beat Ricciardo, but it's so close to call.
I think the only reason Ricciardo wont be at RB next season is because Mercedes or Ferrari go in for him. Ricciardo is better than Kvyat, so really Kvyat will be gone next season if Ricciardo doesn't go to a better team.

Have to agree with that, feel like there's a clear difference between Ricciardo and Kyvat at the moment, in terms of pace, maturity mostly/

MBKF1 said:

It's 25 points for a win and Rosberg has won every race since Mexico. So how on earth has he ended up on a number that ends in 4? Should be on 175, no? :P

I'd say it's close to a certainty that Verstappen will replace Kvyat next year. Verstappen going up against a proven world class driver like Ricciardo will be fascinating to see how good he really is. Not to mention both of them are in the radar of Ferrari. It could go on to define one of their career paths. 

Oh yeah you're right, no idea how that happened aha, it should be 175.

Hughesy said:
Really happy about McLaren though, it's great to see them competitive again.

Agreed it was good to see Alonso and Button have good races for once

If Lewis Hamilton continues to be plagued with reliability issues we are sure to see Nico establish a solid lead and maintain it for the first half of this season for sure.  I also think that perhaps the Mercedes AMG Petronas team could be engineering Lewis's reliability issues to ensure that a German gets a shot at the title for a German team. Now that Hamilton has won three in a row there is strong feeling among the team that it's Nico's turn for a title, which will be his first and possibly last

If Lewis Hamilton continues to be plagued with reliability issues we are sure to see Nico establish a solid lead and maintain it for the first half of this season for sure.  I also think that perhaps the Mercedes AMG Petronas team could be engineering Lewis's reliability issues to ensure that a German gets a shot at the title for a German team. Now that Hamilton has won three in a row there is strong feeling among the team that it's Nico's turn for a title, which will be his first and possibly last
You are talking absolute rubbish. I really don't understand how people think it's acceptable to speak baseless nonsense.

I thought this had been discussed this on these forums? And that we all came to the conclusion that Merc sabotaging Lewis IS ABSOLUTELY HAPPENING is ludicrous, and that only people who believe 9/11 was done by the government (so totally was bro, 3D holograms of planes disguising missiles FTW) would actually believe Merc would do that to him?

Nico Rosberg has 11 letters, Sabotage has 8. The difference? 3 letters. 3x2=6 which happens to be Nico's car number. Do you Mercedes apologists even need any more proof?