Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This game is so frustrating if you can't play it consistently.

coastkey said:
Kakkela said:
coastkey said:
Im trying to take the achievements where you have to win championship with different classes, and I been second on first 4 races. Same guy wins every race and when I check leaderboard, its 25-40 players in the world that is able to match/beat his time. That means I have to be among the best 50 players in the world to this, so dont try to claim this is easy!

I doubt you are telling the truth here
Im playing R4 and instead of doubting why dont you play this chanpionship and see for yourself. According to achievementsites its 31 players that has done this achivement. My times are between 100 and 200 on leaderboard and I cant get a win. Im in Monaco right now. I have won the 2000 championship.

Having some class specific achievement doesn't mean anything, I for example haven't ever even touched R4 in Career.
Stage leaderboard is the place you should look for these comparisons.

KK78 said:
- That Ai driver will be immune to the same damage/incidents which affect the rest of the field
Disagree with this one. For me the top guy in almost all dificulty levels had some mayor accident that kicked him out of the running. He was like 2nd/2nd/1st/1st/11th or something like that. When I was doing the elite championship with the Fiesta, I won only because the fast guy crashed. If he would've come second and I'd been first, I still would have ended up second

KK78 said:
I'm also sure your knowledge of the courses helps somewhat too- I don't doubt now only knowing the course but also where the chunks of time are is advantageous, I don't think any new player a few weeks in will be spanking the Ai like you are.
Absolutely true. I would assume you have real experience of this, if you've covered the same stages on more than one event. 

I guess one feature in the game that's massively overlooked by many newcomers is the co-driver. Some like to have them turned off, like our lovely @vajb. But if a person isn't willing or able to put a lot of time into the game to learn the stages then the co-driver is a huge help. I also think that turning the pacenote icons off is a help as well, because they could easily be distracting. 

I like to try keep my driving in sync with the co-driver on the earliest setting, no matter the hours I've spent playing through early access and beyond; I tend to avoid hot-lapping, but that's just my personal preference due to getting more enjoyment out of an authentic driving style. 

thecraicbear said:
 I also think that turning the pacenote icons off is a help as well, because they could easily be distracting. 
I think they're more helpful than distracting. Some people process information better when they hear it, others when they see it. Having both of them helps, as you might miss a call or not understand it (if it's not in your native language, or even if it is). The pacenote icons is like a backup

Didzis said:
thecraicbear said:
 I also think that turning the pacenote icons off is a help as well, because they could easily be distracting. 
I think they're more helpful than distracting. Some people process information better when they hear it, others when they see it. Having both of them helps, as you might miss a call or not understand it (if it's not in your native language, or even if it is). The pacenote icons is like a backup
I must react better to sounds/get easily distracted by shiny things.
I found that, more often than not, I would shift my focus towards the visual pacenote when I had them turned on, even if I didn't need to look, and that second lost in concentration could mean I'd be in a pants position for the next turn! 

Didzis said:
coastkey said:
The driving itself is superb, but tracks and codriver are terrible, so for me that plays to have fun, Im hoping for some tracks where we can ENJOY some fun rallying and not have to be trained by Loeb to have a chance to win a rally...
Might be some mistakes here and there, but in general the pacenotes ar pretty acurate. Speaking of Loeb, in SLRE the pacenotes, even on the earliest setting were too late
About those top 50 times, don't know where you got that from, but I've unlocked all of the achievements, including winning a championship in each of the classes, and my times weren't even close to being in the top 100, let alone top 50
I drove through my current stage, Col de turini(my best time 3:34) and took a screenshot of leaderboard showing AI times and global. There it is for everyone to see that number 1 global is 0,1 off AI Im racing against. My Xboxtag is Coastkey.
3:22:8 for AI driver
3:22:9 for global number 1

Someone gonna tell me again that this is easy???

And seeing I very much like the way the cars drive, I keep playing, but still missing some,for me atleast, "fun" tracks.:-)

coastkey said:
I drove through my current stage, Col de turini(my best time 3:34) and took a screenshot of leaderboard showing AI times and global. There it is for everyone to see that number 1 global is 0,1 off AI Im racing against. My Xboxtag is Coastkey.

And seeing I very much like the way the cars drive, I keep playing, but still missing some,for me atleast, "fun" tracks.:-)
Apparently the Dev that set those times on that stage is faster than 99,99% of Xbox players on that particular stage. Give it few weeks and the difference from the global 1 will be over 10 seconds. Once you all start shaving seconds of each PB you'll suddenly be driving at a pace that makes AI look like some noob. Look at @thecraicbear example, shows perfectly why you're having issues.

coastkey said:

Apparently the Dev that set those times on that stage is faster than 99,99% of Xbox players on that particular stage. Give it few weeks and the difference from the global 1 will be over 10 seconds. Once you all start shaving seconds of each PB you'll suddenly be driving at a pace that makes AI look like some noob. Look at @thecraicbear example, shows perfectly why you're having issues.
Well no matter how you turn it or what explanation you have, this game can hardly be called easy if no player on Xbox has beaten AI time over a month after release;-). 

coastkey said:
coastkey said:

Well no matter how you turn it or what explanation you have, this game can hardly be called easy if no player on Xbox has beaten AI time over a month after release;-). 

It's not supposed to be easy. There's a market for challenging games, and this is one of them. Dark Souls is another. Old platform games on NES had challenging titles. People love a challenge, but some people don't. 

Point being, this game has been available for over a year, so some research goes a long way :] 
If difficulty isn't your thing, then that's not a fault with the game. 

coastkey said:
For those of us, who've been playing this game for over a year now, it is getting easier

coastkey said:
coastkey said:

True. Says also a lot about the xbox community :p Especially when Playstation side is doing a lot better it seems.

Didzis said:
KK78 said:
- That Ai driver will be immune to the same damage/incidents which affect the rest of the field
Disagree with this one. For me the top guy in almost all dificulty levels had some mayor accident that kicked him out of the running. He was like 2nd/2nd/1st/1st/11th or something like that. When I was doing the elite championship with the Fiesta, I won only because the fast guy crashed. If he would've come second and I'd been first, I still would have ended up second
I did mention that they always have one 'off' event, happens every time, but only once, the rest of the time no issues.

coastkey said:

Could you post that screenshot?

Kakkela said:
coastkey said:

Could you post that screenshot?
Its on my feed on Xbox. Tag is Coastkey

coastkey said:
coastkey said:

It's not supposed to be easy. There's a market for challenging games, and this is one of them. Dark Souls is another. Old platform games on NES had challenging titles. People love a challenge, but some people don't. 

Point being, this game has been available for over a year, so some research goes a long way :] 
Dont mind a challenge and as I said I have done the 2000 championship and have severalhundred hours in this. And dont write like this game is perfect like a fanboy, thats even more annoying than the concretegravel on the tracks....
It is a GAME with flaws, and what ill would it do you if they had put in a track my son or my wife could enjoy? Why not reduce the AI times for those that want, maybe children, not frequent racers and others that could have enjoyed this game? Its not like there is alot of choice if you want a rallygame for Xbox.

And Im not claiming its supposed to be easy. This thread is full of people saying this is easy, and I just claim that they are trying to brag.

coastkey said:
coastkey said:
coastkey said:

Dont mind a challenge and as I said I have done the 2000 championship and have severalhundred hours in this. And dont write like this game is perfect like a fanboy, thats even more annoying than the concretegravel on the tracks....
It is a GAME with flaws, and what ill would it do you if they had put in a track my son or my wife could enjoy? Why not reduce the AI times for those that want, maybe children, not frequent racers and others that could have enjoyed this game? Its not like there is alot of choice if you want a rallygame for Xbox.

And Im not claiming its supposed to be easy. This thread is full of people saying this is easy, and I just claim that they are trying to brag.
At no point did I say the game was perfect, so you can retract that pointless 'fanboy' statement, ta. 

Anyway, I don't think you're understanding what I said, even though you made reference to it. This is a challenging game, so because of the creative direction, they don't have to cater for the people wanting a more casual experience. If somebody wants that, then they buy a different game, and it's as simple as that. 

You can't buy something and then criticise it unfairly for not being something it wasn't trying to be. 

coastkey said:
Dont mind a challenge and as I said I have done the 2000 championship and have severalhundred hours in this.
Given that the Xbone version has been out for not that long, I conclude...

coastkey said:
This thread is full of people saying this is easy, and I just claim that they are trying to brag.
And I claim that you're trying to come up with an issue where it doesn't exist, or rather, the issue is the opposite of what you're suggesting. In which case that would mean you're trying to moan. See, I can do this stuff too :p
I proved Master level is too easy with me winning with over 20s lead on the AI while making blatant mistakes. No one here is bragging, we're just pointing the game is not as tough as everyone make it to be.

coastkey said:
Its on my feed on Xbox. Tag is Coastkey

Many people here don't use Xbox so you could have linked it just fine :)
I found them after a bit of digging tho and must say I'm amazed how slow Xbox community is at Monte. Game hasn't been out for long so some people probably aren't in R4 cars yet.

My pics:
PC Master difficulty AI times

82. (minus few cheaters) PC driver is ahead of your AI time.

@Porkhammer has 3:16.358 , there might be something in Monte times, other location's AI times usually aren't that close to top times.

Kakkela said:
82. PC driver is ahead of your AI time.
It's actually 72. First 10 times are blatant cheat. Just saying. Seems like I need to beat zeXav there. Haven't driven the R4 cars in a while.

I try to avoid the R4 cars all together, currently trying to drag their boring butts through championship so I can get the achievement - so how I'm 12th overall there baffles me.

Kakkela said:
82. PC driver is ahead of your AI time.
It's actually 72. First 10 times are blatant cheat. Just saying. Seems like I need to beat zeXav there. Haven't driven the R4 cars in a while.
True. Edited a bit for clarification.

Oh and yes, I think the AI is a little better in Monaco than the other locations - I remember it was the only place I struggled to beat them without upgrades.

General question, are the leader boards combined, as in when I look on PS4 are those times on there from the PC and Xbox too or just PS4?

KK78 said:
General question, are the leader boards combined, as in when I look on PS4 are those times on there from the PC and Xbox too or just PS4?
Just the platform you play on.