Sign in to follow this  

F1 2013 Co-op Career

How many people have actually used this? Just curious. A friend of mine and I did a few races before realizing we needed to turn off penalties. My very first race I was break-checked and was hit from behind (and spun out) and it resulted in a penalty. Second race had some similar AI issues and after a few more we stopped.

Anyway, I digress. Just curious to know if anyone did co-op online for career.

I think myself and @onetwothree attempted to do it in F1 2012, however we got bored and only got around 1/3 of the way done. Haven't touched it in F1 2013 (and doubt I will).

Personally, I would like to see Codemasters either drop it all together or attempt to improve it. Seems like a lot of effort for little reward. That's just me though, I know of a few people who do enjoy it. :) 

Well I believe we stopped because @Matthew77258 was rubbish.

In all seriousness though, it just seemed like too much effort. I prefer just casual racing, maybe screwing around here and there.

Well I believe we stopped because @Matthew77258 was rubbish.

In all seriousness though, it just seemed like too much effort. I prefer just casual racing, maybe screwing around here and there.
That's eventually what we did as well. I remember early on we couldn't figure out how to back out without going from the results of one race into qualifying for the next (we skipped practice...I think?). We ended up in the back 2 or 3 times before we figured it out. Though it was fun to race through and see who could get the most points.

I think enjoyment of co-op depends mostly on having a co-op partner that is of similar skill level to yourself, and also pick a car that won't make it too easy to outclass the AI (depending on how quick you are obviously). I'm doing a co-op series with Kptk92 on my Youtube channel where we start every race from the back of the grid to make it more of a challenge having to get through the whole field, which is actually pretty fun, especially as we're usually very close on pace as well.

I believe we had picked Williams...so starting in the back was indeed a challenge :D

I did one race on F1 2011 I think with a mate over the road. I dominated and never did another race :p Never touched it in F1 2012 or F1 2013. I would rather it went and the time and effort went elsewhere

Number44 said:
Nope havent used it because its basically career mode all over again.
Agreed. Though it was kind of cool to actually talk to my teammate during the races, or when something happened on track.

I think the fundamental problem with co-op in this game is that it is essentially identical to other game modes. In FIFA, co-op game modes, while more or less the same game, has a certain element of teamwork required for you to be successful. It changes up how the game plays entirely.

So having said that, in order to infinitely increase F1 co-op's appeal, I suggest we get one person controlling the gears, brakes and throttle, while the other person steers. Kinda like Top Gear. I'd play it, if I had a partner.

I've done a few. One on F1 2012 that lasted all of two or three races, and one on F1 2013 that lasted about half of the season. 

It's just not interesting when you have two varied skill levels. It can be loads of fun when you've got two equally talented drivers in a mid to low level car just trying to get points. When you blow your teammate out of the water and are driving a Red Bull on the easiest difficulty, it gets old. Quick. :p

a lot of people were put off by co-op as the first attempt was a bit of a disaster, no matter what level you put the ai at they all ran at amateur pace meaning you lapped every car about 6 times in a 50% race, like a lot of others I have not touched it since then. I agree it should be dropped from the next game or improved to the point where you can have a full grid doing co-op, like an in game league.

I love it..

Nothing better than a team mate battle, sure u need reduced flags, but a great alternative to singleplayer career

Haven't done it at all. Never could find anyone willing to dedicate that much time, even over a few play sessions.

I have a friend from the UK and we used to do a lot of Co-op Career. I have to say that it is pretty cool, although we both never restarted matches this often because the AI made unexpected and unrealistic movements. Overall it's nice to have someone alongside with you to race with, as long as you do not have any lag issues.

Finally, as FisiFan mentioned, it's nice to have someone that has the same pace so that you can still challenge each other when you outpace the AI.

I think ultimately the inconsistent AI is what deterred my friend and I from completing the season. I like the feature, but the AI could use some refinement.

I tried it twice and had the same problems with the AI wrecking me in quali. The time needed and finding someone with the same schedule is hard to pull off... Sounds good on paper and I can't see them removing it but maybe take it off the trophy achievement list.

yeah m doing in present a Co Op, its fine if you pay attention, but yeah the AI is much much more agressive than Carrer SinglePlayer and does really reckless things

Having a blast with 2012 in co-op career with a good friend of mine... we have played 4 total seasons, it's for sure the best experience i've ever had with the F1 games.

There are though a lot of things to sort out for Codemasters for the 2014 version, i really do not hope they leave this option out of the final game...

Did in 2011 with a friend in the UK, we neva completed it, twas fun though

Did some in 2011 and 2012 with an online friend and it was great fun, hoping 2014 is good so I can convince him to try again.

My brother and I really enjoy this feature....We are both similar skill level and playing the races through @ 25%.....Makes it less frustrating if someone spins or gets a penalty :P

What are you guys looking forward to most on the new 2014?

Andi said:
Did some in 2011 and 2012 with an online friend and it was great fun, hoping 2014 is good so I can convince him to try again.
I too managed to find someone near my own level (average), played a couple of races and loved it.  Sadly, my Co-op partner couldn't play the whole season.  I would love to find a Co-op partner for 2014.  I'm in the UK and am using a PC.  We can practice using 2013 'til 2014 comes out :0)

I'm looking for a mate for a coop career, I can do every kind of setup I just need the achievement :)
I'm plaing with xbox360 and my account is cini83....