Sign in to follow this  

1st place in Racenet Party Elimination = gold not platinum???? (360)

I am finding the platinum medals in Racenet extremely difficult so imagine my surprise when I managed to get to 1st place in the Lancia Party elimination challenge only for the race to end with 3 cars running and no countdown from 3 to 2 to me. 

Every elimination game in every racing game I have ever played is won by the guy in first place but not in Autosport apparently.

What am I missing???

:-/ 

You have to have covered a certain distance in order to get Platinum. I've finished in first, and only got Gold. You've to get there as quickly as possible and then cover as much distance as you can before everyone is eliminated.

I know about the distance travelled being the criteria for winning but common sense tells you that being in first gives you more time to travel and i reached first place on the start of the 2nd lap and thats after about 15 attempts so yeah thanks CM I know ill never get that achievement now. I tried the other platinums but i noticed that the time it takes me to reach the start line is almost exactly how much time im over the platinum score, whatever.

I have beaten platinum arcade on pgr4 and that was difficult but achieveable but a taste of these CM platinums tells me its for steering wheel racing pro's only and not the average gamer.

I'm also stuck in career, I qualified first in the touring car season only to watch ravenwest sail off into the distance on easy difficulty! wow i've beaten every racing game i ever played but this one has me beat.

Oh and i love how the AI knows about the white line penalties and consistently knocks me over them, haha, lovely.  A trade for Sniper elite 3 i think.

Rant over 
:( :(

Just practice a little more dude, you will get there. I have gotten platinum on every other tho im stuck at 10600m myself :\

But there is room for improvement i can tell, im just not there yet. Challange is up for a week for a reason, it should not be too easy. Platinum should feel like you actually achieved something. If it wasnt challanging it would be boring.

Dont give up!

I'm currently 5th on the global leaderboards with Platnium in the Party Elimination. Only took a few attempts and I use a controller...

If you are having problems in easy difficulty I think you just need to look at how you are playing/driving. Slow in, fast out. Don't slide the car. 

Platinum demonstration of that challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKdu6JN7Lf0
This run is far from perfect, the way to laps is at the 4th laps. The rest of the laps is not so good.

I was finally able to get Platinum after trying for maybe like an hour. You have to be fast sure, but a lot of it is dependent on how quickly to get past your opponents. It's very easy to lose a second or two too much trying to get past them, and that would be the difference of several hundred meters. It's very frustrating because the AI is incredibly dirty in this race. I found out after I spent so much time trying to get Platinum that you don't even get XP for Party Mode. You only get money, and not even very much money, like a little over 10k. So unless you're really good and can get Platinum without spending a lot of time on it, I'd say it's not worth it.

If you are having problems in easy difficulty I think you just need to look at how you are playing/driving. Slow in, fast out. Don't slide the car. 
You can't change the AI difficulty in Racenet challenges.

Keep missing it by only several hundred feet.  Seems as though it doesnt eliminate the 1st and second place.........mabye even the third before it abruptly stops at around 34,600 ft.

Damned iam a huge football fan and watching Germany-France (1-0 halftime now) but MrDeap`s nice vid makes me want to turn the the tv out and play Autosport again.

Stuck on Gold to btw.

I just figured out a better way to pass them at the start. You just have to be a little slower at the start. the last car will make an open & the AI's in front of that one smash each other on the grass. You can easily pass most of the group at that point from the inside. Now I have 36,650ft.

Keep missing it by only several hundred feet.  Seems as though it doesnt eliminate the 1st and second place.........mabye even the third before it abruptly stops at around 34,600 ft.
It eliminates everyone, but if you're looking at the minimap eliminated cars are still allowed to go around the track (they turn ghost when eliminated though). You should base how many are left by looking at the top left list and not the minimap.

If you aren't making it to first place in the first lap, you're probably not going to get platinum.

second place in the first lap seems to work just fine according to that posted video ;P

yes with a second place you can get platinum medal aswell it all depends on how the top 5 comes thru the first few corners.
But being able to get on first place on first lap gives you the possiblity to screw up a tiny bit further in the race.   :)

I was extremly lucky on the first lap with AI I believe.    :D

Sorry for the bad quality of the movie had a setting wrong in shadowplay.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2TW9WLn1_I

After 3 hours of non stop re-trying finally got platinum. Am 9th on Ps3 leaderboards now. I got to first place just before turn one on the second lap. I find getting turn one spot on helps a lot giving u speed up the hill