Jump to content Jump to content

I'm on PC with a G27 and with full damage and i have never had any gearbox damage, not once. My shifts are not perfect, i sometimes shift down 1 too many gears and the wheels lose all traction, but still no damage.

I feel like you'd have to drive like a madman to break the gearbox in this game.
It's called Grid Autosport, not Grid Going out for a Sunday Drive.

(Sorry, I just had to say that  :P )
dirt3joe said:
I'm on PC with a G27 and with full damage and i have never had any gearbox damage, not once. My shifts are not perfect, i sometimes shift down 1 too many gears and the wheels lose all traction, but still no damage.

I feel like you'd have to drive like a madman to break the gearbox in this game.

Haha, no i am driving fairly aggressively, and as quick as i can (maybe not very fast compared to a lot of you). I'm playing on Hard AI difficulty, and winning the majority of the time, but not always. I quite often qualify 2nd or 3rd especially on the endurance races which i seem to struggle at.

I know a lot of people are miles quicker than me and maybe then there are issues with the gearbox, but i've yet to see any.

Edit:

-Which system are you playing on? PC
-How often do you ask for a damage report from the race engineer? Maybe once a race, if that.
-Automatic or manual gears? Manual
-TC on or off? Off
-ABS on or off? On
-Any other assists? No
-Do you use flashbacks? Yes, limit myself to 3.
dirt3joe said:

Haha, no i am driving fairly aggressively, and as quick as i can (maybe not very fast compared to a lot of you). I'm playing on Hard AI difficulty, and winning the majority of the time, but not always. I quite often qualify 2nd or 3rd especially on the endurance races which i seem to struggle at.

I know a lot of people are miles quicker than me and maybe then there are issues with the gearbox, but i've yet to see any.

Edit:

-Which system are you playing on? PC
-How often do you ask for a damage report from the race engineer? Maybe once a race, if that.
-Automatic or manual gears? Manual
-TC on or off? Off
-ABS on or off? On
-Any other assists? No
-Do you use flashbacks? Yes, limit myself to 3.
Just so you can get your own back I'm on medium. 
  • 2 weeks later...
Manual shifting via paddle shifters, and I've never experienced any gearbox damage unless I've been rammed into a wall. Normal play never had an issue. With an auto you are going to overrev when you get into a slide or drifting on a corner.
Hyphy said:
Manual shifting via paddle shifters, and I've never experienced any gearbox damage unless I've been rammed into a wall. Normal play never had an issue. With an auto you are going to overrev when you get into a slide or drifting on a corner.

I drive the manual gearbox on Xbox360.

I wonder if the people saying they have no issues are checking with the engineer, because if you do so regularly, particularly near the end of a race, then you will most likely find that he says its damaged. You may also notice the sound of the gearchange as being louder, Sometimes you will lose a gear also.

It is wayyy too sensitive, & because there is no gearbox indicator on the HUD, I'm thinking it may be a buggy feature that made it's way in by mistake.

Either way I would like it fixed or removed altogether.

Thank-you very much TUSMBOX for directing me to the Codemasters damage blog. I can see now that the gearbox damage is correctly implemented as planned (though perhaps a little too sensitive!) & am completely satisfied with it now. Also the damage system as a whole is very cool! I have noticed my brakes squeeling & taking longer distances to slow me down later in the race, which I am loving.

So much Kudos to you CM for the great damage system in GAS, & I entirely & without reservation withdraw my comments about patching or removing the gearbox damage feature, that due to my ignorance I didn't understand was absolutely meant to be in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
I've also been getting this gearbox damage issue in races of 5 laps or more. I'm playing on on the Xbox,  manual gears and no assists although I do sometimes use flashbacks.

I've tried all sorts to minimise the damage but nothing works and I always end up losing 5th gear.. 

I know it's it's mentioned in the Codies blog but surely it shouldn't happen every single race at almost the exact same time? 

TL77 said:

Read the blog and it seems to be a planned feature. However I still don't quite understand how it happens with automatic gears. I can't control how the automatic gearbox shifts gears.

It was planned but that doesn't mean it isn't buggy.