Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally - info about the next patch

Hi all,

I know a lot of you are waiting for the PC patch to be released, and I just wanted to say thanks for your patience while we work on this. Just to give you an update: while we still have a little more work to do, we've managed to fix quite a few of the big issues you've raised - and we're confident that the next patch will fix the following on PC:

-Motion blur being applied to cars in bonnet camera and in replays (PC only)
-Excessive knocking effect on steering wheels when playing rallycross
-AI for Classic and S1600 Rallycross adjusted to have more variety
-Leaderboards will no longer be blank and the difference column works
-Fixes for rain effects displaying incorrectly on some AMD cards (PC only)
-Rain causing bad reflections on some windscreens

We're also hoping to have a fix for RaceNet's connectivity issues as soon as possible, and this will come before the patch (and hopefully very soon). More on that as it comes, but as soon as I have information for when the patch will be released, I'll share that with you ASAP. 

EDIT: we pushed out a RaceNet fix yesterday evening - if your connectivity issues have been fixed/still persist, please let me know so I can feed it back!

EDIT 2: it looks as though including the Oculus 1.3 update may hold this patch back, so we've removed it from this one so we can push it out more promptly. However, it will be coming in a a subsequent patch, which should arrive soon after. The support will still be there, but it will come just a little bit later. 
(This tends to be why we don't discuss patch notes in too much detail before we push it live - as we can't guarantee which will be included, until it's in!)

Sweet! Thanks for the update.
On the subject of motion blur: Do you know if it will ever be possible to split the motion blur setting from the shader setting? I've got it set to Low to turn motion blur off since it's broken now, but I don't know if I'm missing any other fancy effects by having set so low.

thank for your work
but nothing aboute ugly shadow on track in cockpit view and dashbord view on ps4 and i think on pc too.

Thank you very much for the update and the work being done. Looking forward to the patch.

Nice! Though, I'm wondering if you'll be adding requested features in this or future patches? I'm dying to get an actual Custom Championship going rather than the random ones we're given now.

Either way, great work and keep it up!

Thanks for the info. 
Will this also be for console?
Rallycross fix will be greatly anticipated. 

2stains said:
Thanks for the info. 
Will this also be for console?
Rallycross fix will be greatly anticipated. 
Yup - the points that don't specify PC only will be for all platforms. :)

zoliRX said:
Nice! Though, I'm wondering if you'll be adding requested features in this or future patches? I'm dying to get an actual Custom Championship going rather than the random ones we're given now.

Either way, great work and keep it up!
I'll have to get back to you on that one - but for this patch, our priority is fixing the features we have and tweaking a couple of bits.

This kind of info is great. It shows that CM are aware of the problens and working on them.

I suspect the PS4 owners would like to know if the Thrustmaster FFB problem is something that's bein looked at as well since there are many threads about it.

Relieved to hear that Rift support is imminent. Bought the title in early access simply because of the promise of VR support. Received my Rift 2 weeks ago and champing at the bit to play this in VR glory.

Please, add a diffucult change option for PS4 version.
Its really hard to play it using a DS4 controller. 
Games should be Easy to play and hard to master, not hard to play and impossible to master like in this case...

BTW - poll topics doesn't work

This thread should specify that it's PC patch only, it'll be like a red rag to a bull for the console guys who are clamouring to get info about when the FFB is being patched, for the PS4 at least.

My10 said:
This thread should specify that it's PC patch only, it'll be like a red rag to a bull for the console guys who are clamouring to get info about when the FFB is being patched, for the PS4 at least.

It is not a PC only patch, there are a few PC specific fixes but the other fixes are also on console.

tmz said:
Games should be Easy to play and hard to master, not hard to play and impossible to master like in this case...
If we look at the AI difficulty being the judge, this game is "Hard to play, too easy to master". In the case that we're looking at the gameplay in general, then every game is impossible to master. Also, not every game is meant to be easy to play. There's such a thing as "challenge". Look it up, because that's what this game is all about.

Oh, btw, I'm using DualShock 4 as well and find Master level AI to be easy to beat, with the exception of Mini's in Rallycross. I say it's too easy, you that it's too difficult. Mind you, the Devs were aiming for authentic rally experience with this game, not accessible to casual gamers.

I ran into an issue on the PS4 a couple days ago and was wondering if it has been covered by the RaceNet fixes.

I was racing in my own league. Restarts and retries are off. At the end of each stage I watched the replays to take a few screenshots. The problem is, after I was finished with the replay, I got a RaceNet connect error when the leaderboard was supposed to load. I couldn't move on, nor go back a screen. So I was forced to quit the game. After loading DR again, I was able to run the same stage again, even though my older time had already been uploaded to RaceNet and was showing on the leaderboard. Then, when I finish the stage again, instead of watching the replay I just hit X straight away to continue, and the connection was fine. I proceeded to the next stage normally.

It's as if RaceNet refuses the connection or times out if there is too much time between finishing the stage and moving on to the next screen (like taking ten minutes taking snapshots in the replay).

To sum, this is what happens:

1) I finish the stage
2) My time is uploaded and I can see how I placed relative to the fastest time
3) I mess around a few minutes with the replay
4) When I exit the replay and hit X to continue to see the overall leaderboard, I get a RaceNet connection error and cannot proceed. I must quit out of the game application.

Note that this only happens when I spend some time watching replays.

Connection to Racenet seems better but still the same issues continue. 
I didn't actually see any evidence of the patch being installed so I'm not sure if it has or not. 
Playing on xbox one 

Great to hear that VR support is returning to Dirt, hopefully Vive support isn't too far off as well.

Shadows and grip are likely far down the list of priorities Kevlar 

PS4 and G29 has a few issues, wish they would address a few of those.. game broken for me have not played in weeks.. oh well

KevM said:
Shadows and grip are likely far down the list of priorities Kevlar 

That's fine as long as they are on the list.