DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally - info about the next patch

I am playing on the PS4 and I was wondering if you could move the split time update higher on the screen because it blocks my vision when driving from the following camera.

Lack of Toyotas are very annoying. I´m not the only one who thinks that..

raa312 said:

I am playing on the PS4 and I was wondering if you could move the split time update higher on the screen because it blocks my vision when driving from the following camera.

Or just get rid of the middle one all together, the one that shows up in the top right corner is enough imo 

There is still problems with RaceNet in Xbox one, or will it be fixed in the patch?

Eahemp said:
There is still problems with RaceNet in Xbox one, or will it be fixed in the patch?
This is a separate issue, which should be fixed before the patch is released! We pushed a fix live last week, which only seemed to work for half of the people experiencing problems - so we're working on a resolution for all now.

Didzis said:
Also, when is the patch coming out? Some time next week?
It's very unlikely to be this week, but once I have a date confirmed, I'll share it with you. There are some things I've not discussed yet also going into the patch, so it'll be once we've tested this and gotten everything good to go that the patch will drop!

look forward to it. are the leader boards for pc being sorted ? would be nice to see the cheaters times being wiped.

I put level going to the player to decide, high, low, medium, because atigiria all players who start playing the game for me is too much love rally'm turning well with DS4, because of esperiencia in racing games .

Nice to see the FFB getting fixed!

Are there any new tracks planned for RallyCross, as a DLC maybe? I'm sure many people would bei 10€ for a track pack of 3 or something.

I ran into an issue on the PS4 a couple days ago and was wondering if it has been covered by the RaceNet fixes.

I was racing in my own league. Restarts and retries are off. At the end of each stage I watched the replays to take a few screenshots. The problem is, after I was finished with the replay, I got a RaceNet connect error when the leaderboard was supposed to load. I couldn't move on, nor go back a screen. So I was forced to quit the game. After loading DR again, I was able to run the same stage again, even though my older time had already been uploaded to RaceNet and was showing on the leaderboard. Then, when I finish the stage again, instead of watching the replay I just hit X straight away to continue, and the connection was fine. I proceeded to the next stage normally.

It's as if RaceNet refuses the connection or times out if there is too much time between finishing the stage and moving on to the next screen (like taking ten minutes taking snapshots in the replay).

To sum, this is what happens:

1) I finish the stage
2) My time is uploaded and I can see how I placed relative to the fastest time
3) I mess around a few minutes with the replay
4) When I exit the replay and hit X to continue to see the overall leaderboard, I get a RaceNet connection error and cannot proceed. I must quit out of the game application.

Note that this only happens when I spend some time watching replays.
Hate to quote myself, but I just ran into this issue this morning while racing in my league, and I wasn't watching the replay this time. I went straight to the general leaderboard screen by pressing X after finishing the stage and got the connection error. Tried for about 10 minutes trying to get it to connect but ended up having to quit out of the game.

So this is definitely an issue (at least on the PS4), and definitely was not fixed in the latest round of RaceNet patches.

For the record, I am on PS4 in Argentina with a 6MB plan from my ISP. The service is very stable so I doubt it's my ISP as we use the PCs, PS3 and PS4 a ton for gaming, internet browsing, work (I am a web developer), Netflix, Minecraft online, etc...

I think the very fact @ChristinaMc has not responded to any of the requests regarding PS4 and T300 FFB bugs would suggest it'll be buried at the bottom of the Atlantic like the Titanic.... 

To some it may sound like an incessant rant, but it's far from that. This rant is the seed of frustration and the complete lack of response from Codemasters on any public media forums. I have messaged @ChristinaMc, on Facebook, Twitter and only picked up on another post where there was a complaint about T300 FFB that it is was a known issue. I called Codies Customer Service on a Tuesday morning to be told that CS does not open until 2!! What a joke.... I then sent an email to my dismay received a response regarding the FFB bug. However, I was also told that it has been discussed and I quote "on various corners of the internet" Well aside from the posts on here and the hard to find post on Twitter I have not found anything on the web. I'm guessing they must be using Tor because i'll be damned if I can find it. 

Another bug I have picked up on is despite correctly calibrating my wheel overtime I start Dirt and go into a race the steering rotation is incorrect despite soft lock being enabled. I have to manually change the rotation setting directly on the wheel. Does this happen on Project Cars, like hell it does. 

This is really starting to feel like F1 2015 all over again with bugs and lack of feedback or response from Codmasters... What is it with Codies and T300 issues??? This is one of the most used wheels on PS4 and this game claims to be a sim and yet with this wheel handles like crap... 

I think the very fact @ChristinaMc has not responded to any of the requests regarding PS4 and T300 FFB bugs would suggest it'll be buried at the bottom of the Atlantic like the Titanic.... 

To some it may sound like an incessant rant, but it's far from that. This rant is the seed of frustration and the complete lack of response from Codemasters on any public media forums. I have messaged @ChristinaMc, on Facebook, Twitter and only picked up on another post where there was a complaint about T300 FFB that it is was a known issue. I called Codies Customer Service on a Tuesday morning to be told that CS does not open until 2!! What a joke.... I then sent an email to my dismay received a response regarding the FFB bug. However, I was also told that it has been discussed and I quote "on various corners of the internet" Well aside from the posts on here and the hard to find post on Twitter I have not found anything on the web. I'm guessing they must be using Tor because i'll be damned if I can find it. 

Another bug I have picked up on is despite correctly calibrating my wheel overtime I start Dirt and go into a race the steering rotation is incorrect despite soft lock being enabled. I have to manually change the rotation setting directly on the wheel. Does this happen on Project Cars, like hell it does. 

This is really starting to feel like F1 2015 all over again with bugs and lack of feedback or response from Codmasters... What is it with Codies and T300 issues??? This is one of the most used wheels on PS4 and this game claims to be a sim and yet with this wheel handles like crap... 

I think all your problems can be solved with proper configurations....

Hey! The reason I've not been able to answer this yet, is because I don't know. We haven't confirmed everything that will be going into the next patch - so at this stage, it's not something I can comment on. However, we are aware that this is an issue on PS4 - as this has been one of the more prominent bits of feedback from across our various channels. Again, as soon as I have any more information on this, I'll share it - but I can only go off what the studio are happy to confirm for the next patch (which is what I've shared in this thread). 

I have to say I have had tons of issues ever since the 1.1 drop on PC. Before the update i ran The game on Ultra at around 50 frames a second with only the occasional dip. Ever since then with each new update of My graphics card and Windows updates it has become literally unplayable. I understand that some of this has to do with the other updates to my software.  I really hope that we can get back to where we were because I love Dirt and have ever since Dirt 2. I want to see this game succeed and I hate feeling the way I do about it right now. So I guess my point is get this update right!

There have been too mutch problems with the update 1.1 like blhampel said.

But one important is the Ground Cover Option, that only seet it to off, resolve huge fps drops and when it enabled, the game dont flow normal.
Everybody in the internet are speaking about this problem. With it enabled the game stops to flow sometimes and slows. Is like a slow motion. Its hard too say too me because of my english. One stage that this happen a lot is Germany.

Hope you can fix this, because its the best rally game too date. Keep pushing!!!

Best regards!

What about the FFB for the T300 on the PS4? Can you at acknowledge that there is an issue and confirm whether it will be included in the upcoming patch? By the way how did that get past beta testing?

What about the FFB for the T300 on the PS4? Can you at acknowledge that there is an issue and confirm whether it will be included in the upcoming patch? By the way how did that get past beta testing?
Look four posts above yours.

WRCPilot said:

But one important is the Ground Cover Option, that only seet it to off, resolve huge fps drops and when it enabled, the game dont flow normal.
Everybody in the internet are speaking about this problem. With it enabled the game stops to flow sometimes and slows. Is like a slow motion. Its hard too say too me because of my english. One stage that this happen a lot is Germany.

Hope you can fix this, because its the best rally game too date. Keep pushing!!!

Best regards!

I've been having the same issues in Germany and the Rallycross tracks. I found that turning the Particles to Low or Off  helps but I haven't tried turning off the ground cover, so I'll give that a try as well.

EDIT: I've ran a benchmark test on Medium settings and got a steady 60FPS with V-Sync on. But if I were to run with Medium settings in Germany or Rallycross, I get a lot of frame rate issues dipping below 50FPS.

Ross93 said:
WRCPilot said:

Best regards!

I've been having the same issues in Germany and the Rallycross tracks. I found that turning the Particles to Low or Off  helps but I haven't tried turning off the ground cover, so I'll give that a try as well.

EDIT: I've ran a benchmark test on Medium settings and got a steady 60FPS with V-Sync on. But if I were to run with Medium settings in Germany or Rallycross, I get a lot of frame rate issues dipping below 50FPS.
I run a test and with ground cover on ( LOW) i have drops of 30 FPS. The game dont flow in that drops. Then when go back to 60 FPS (V-Sync on) or 58 FPS the game flows normally. I will test with the particles off.

WRCPilot said:
Ross93 said:
WRCPilot said:

Best regards!

I run a test and with ground cover on ( LOW) i have drops of 30 FPS. The game dont flow in that drops. Then when go back to 60 FPS (V-Sync on) or 58 FPS the game flows normally. I will test with the particles off.
I turned the Ground Cover and Particles off and it has solved the issue in Germany but I still get some stuttering in the Rallycross track. I have to change the graphics preset to Ultra Low in order to have a smooth frame rate in the Rallycross tracks. 

Ross93 said:
WRCPilot said:
Ross93 said:
WRCPilot said:

Best regards!

I turned the Ground Cover and Particles off and it has solved the issue in Germany but I still get some stuttering in the Rallycross track. I have to change the graphics preset to Ultra Low in order to have a smooth frame rate in the Rallycross tracks. 
I dont play Rallycross. But yes, only with Ground cover off the game runs fine. Hope they fix this problems.