Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 Gran Premio De Espana Pirelli 2016

So, another win for Rosberg? Looking forward to the drivers press conference with Kvyat and Verstappen.

When you see something amazing to throw on Snapchat, but you're forced by sponsors to use a BlackBerry

Probably my least favourite race of the season. The weather is boring, there's not much overtaking and every team has masses of data from testing so it's the easiest place on the calendar to set up the car.

Can anyone actually think of the last time Catalunya gave a properly exciting race? 

VetteIfan said:
Probably my least favourite race of the season. The weather is boring, there's not much overtaking and every team has masses of data from testing so it's the easiest place on the calendar to set up the car.

Can anyone actually think of the last time Catalunya gave a properly exciting race? 
2012, when everyone's favourite driver won? :p  

So, Lewis has to use engine #4 already. In my mind, I have written this season off. Just want to see Lewis have some memorable races and improve his stats as much as possible. With 3 titles in the bag, it's easier to cope with it as a fan compared to when he was going through similar amounts of freak luck in 2012 for example.

VetteIfan said:

96 maybe?

Though 2013 is a personal favourite ;)

VetteIfan said:

No and tbh, I don't want to.

This race was pretty good.                                 

https://youtu.be/eALNa9c6rmY

Platy said:
This race was pretty good.                                 

https://youtu.be/eALNa9c6rmY

That race was good, that last corner move from Rossi makes me laugh every time :p 

But that's MotoGP, way more competitive than F1. So I'm gonna say it doesn't count as an answer for the question ;) 

A bit OT, but you can see MotoGP uploading full races from the past on youtube, too bad F1 doesn't do that...

F1 will always be stuck in the pre-social media ages.

I'd understand them not putting them up on youtube and such if they actually released the races on dvd or something. Those crappy season reviews with 5 minute clips of each race don't really count...

mike96 said:
2012, when everyone's favourite driver won? :p  
It was okay, but I wouldn't call it properly exciting. If the battle at the front had been between Alonso and a regular front runner it wouldn't be too fondly remembered. 

96 maybe?

Though 2013 is a personal favourite ;)
That's the only one that came to my mind. Just the mere 20 years ago. Amazing. 

There was that one time where Hakkinen retired from the lead in the last lap of the race, but that's more the event itself making it memorable over the actual race.

Rosberg has a problem, it's a conspiracy man, they have sabotaged his car o:)

Hughesy said:
Hamilton is still slower though. Which can only mean Mercedes have purposefully made bad changes to his setup!

Hughesy said:
A problem that was fixed within minutes and won't disturb him at all. ;)

Finally the McLaren has come back to the top ten :D

*little reference Rohan would enjoy if he still posted here.

Ferrari should just quit this season, like don't bother showing up anymore.

I nearly had to turn it off when Ben Edwards was having a crisis over Verstappen temporarily going P2 in Q3 and how he was faster than Ricciardo in Q1 and 2. Then Ricciardo goes out in one run and beats him by half a second and he suddenly went quiet...
He's good but I can't stand how over the top the commentators and media go on about him. Nearly nothing said about the fact Sainz was much quicker than Kvyat too.

Good to see Mclaren back in the top ten though, albeit...10th.