Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 Gran Premio De Espana Pirelli 2016

SynGamer said:
Lauda blaming Lewis.

Very surprising. I agree though. Yes, Rosberg blocked, but Lewis would have overshot the next corner if he had completed the pass. 
I don't agree. He knows the circuit and his car well enough to have made the move and the corner. I mean Rosberg was on that line and making the corner a moment before Hamilton's car hit him, so I've no doubt Hamilton would have made the corner inside line.
And if Lewis had no line why would Rosberg force him off? Rosberg was also offline so I don't get that argument at all.

SynGamer said:
Lauda blaming Lewis.

Very surprising. I agree though. Yes, Rosberg blocked, but Lewis would have overshot the next corner if he had completed the pass. 
I don't agree. He knows the circuit and his car well enough to have made the move and the corner. I mean Rosberg was on that line and making the corner a moment before Hamilton's car hit him, so I've no doubt Hamilton would have made the corner inside line.
Perhaps. I still don't think Lewis should have tried the pass there with the next corner so closely approaching. As Lauda said, both cars out after two corners.

Did Nico block? Of course, he's the leader. I'm not saying it's 100% Lewis's fault, but that was indeed a very (overly?) aggressive move after only two corners.

Think it's a case of bad judgement. Rosberg was already moving to the right to defend his line and Lewis tried to be clever and surprise him on the inside, but it seemed awfully risky and seeing it onboard, also a bit uncontrolled. It is a very risky move for lap 1. Then again, I like that. Had it been succesful, it's one of the moves of the season. But it's not, so Hamilton has egg on his face.

Also think Rosberg flat out didn't consider Lewis to go to his right there, so that's the bad judgement on his part by not paying attention to his surroundings.

Long story short, racing incident.

Tbf Syn, it's the start of the race, there's no better time to get past someone than then. And turn 4 is a fairly common overtaking corner at this circuit so I'd say Hamilton had every right to go for it. Rosberg just kept pushing, didn't leave the one car width gap the rules say he has to, and ended up taking out himself and his team mate.

If Hamilton hadn't made the move people would be saying he should have, and wasn't aggressive enough lol.

https://twitter.com/charlie_whiting/status/731823714090815488

My reaction is similar to Hamilton's because this post is too short, despite me adding an image, you'd think that's enough, but nope

Tbf Syn, it's the start of the race, there's no better time to get past someone than then. And turn 4 is a fairly common overtaking corner at this circuit so I'd say Hamilton had every right to go for it. Rosberg just kept pushing, didn't leave the one car width gap the rules say he has to, and ended up taking out himself and his team mate.

If Hamilton hadn't made the move people would be saying he should have, and wasn't aggressive enough lol.
I'm all for racing and aggressive moves, but it just didn't add up leading up to the accident. It was poor judgement with both drivers but felt unnecessary considering they have the field covered at this point in the season. Rosberg had *just* passed Lewis, and clearly Lewis had good pace.

Hindsight is 20/20, but Lewis had 65 more laps to make a clean pass...

If it's anyone's fault it's Hamilton's. Rosberg was way too far ahead for him to make a move like that. That door was always going to close.

Sorry, but no chance.

................................................................................................................

Regardless of whose fault it is
It's annoying
Not the first time nico has done this either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwS88mlgsM8

In the picture Jiggy posted Hamilton is ahead of Rosberg, Nico clearly should have yielded.

Hamilton was alongside Rosberg AFTER Rosberg had made his move. Both drivers were overly aggressive, just ban them both for the season.

................................................................................................................
Hamilton is clearly on the line in that picture with no room to make the pass based on Nico's car position and angle on the track. Again, see below. Lewis had no line with Nico going to the right.

Verstappen going to the end? Going to be a close finish.

Juice29 said:
Okay
Toto says (in essence) it's a racing accident
END IT PLEASE
Well, it's the first time in a while we've got something to discuss.

Ferrari going OFF GRID with the strategy, which usually doesn't work out for them.

Also, Grosjean's early season form completely gone, he's being outdriven by Gutierrez today.

Vettel will be lucky to get a podium now, what a strange strategy call.

Unless Verstappen and Kimi have to pit again of course.

Jiggy said:
Juice29 said:
Okay
Toto says (in essence) it's a racing accident
END IT PLEASE
Well, it's the first time in a while we've got something to discuss.

Ferrari going OFF GRID with the strategy, which usually doesn't work out for them.

Also, Grosjean's early season form completely gone, he's being outdriven by Gutierrez today.

My point is that we have a good race for the first time in forever 
Leave the Mercedes talk until later :smile:              

As a LH-supporter, this season in dreadful.

As an F1 fan I have to say, the races so far this season have been quite thrilling.