Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 Gran Premio De Espana Pirelli 2016

That really sucks for Ricciardo :(

Also now Sky are going to talk about Max non stop for the next 10 years.....

MAD MAX VERSTAPPEN WON THE RACE I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW I HAVE WENT INSANE OVER BRAZIL 2007 AND MANY OTHER RACES BUT THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE WITNESSED IN F1 I HAVE SEEN THAT KID GREW UP WITH HIS DAD HOLY SHIT

THE DUTCH NATIONAL ANTHEM

THE DUTCH NATIONAL ANTHEM IS BEING PLAYED

Both Ferrari and Red bull should have2 stopped Vettel and Ricciardo and we would have seen 4 cars scrapping for the win.

Jiggy said:
MAD MAX VERSTAPPEN WON THE RACE I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW I HAVE WENT INSANE OVER BRAZIL 2007 AND MANY OTHER RACES BUT THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE WITNESSED IN F1 I HAVE SEEN THAT KID GREW UP WITH HIS DAD HOLY ****

Defibrillator on stand by.

Jiggy said:
MAD MAX VERSTAPPEN WON THE RACE I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW I HAVE WENT INSANE OVER BRAZIL 2007 AND MANY OTHER RACES BUT THIS IS SERIOUSLY THE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE WITNESSED IN F1 I HAVE SEEN THAT KID GREW UP WITH HIS DAD HOLY ****

Defibrillator on stand by.
PLEASE NO THIS IS A GOOD DEATH

Hopefully the Ferrari strategist just resigns after that race. Unless they're trying to beat the Williams record of "how many times can we fuck up an amazing result due to strategy in one season?". In which case they're doing a sterling job. 

But with my frustration about Ferrari aside, I take back everything bad I said about Catalunya on page 1. 

First lap was a racing incident. I completley agree with Alan Mcnish that freeze frames at certain points of time in the incident are kind of irrelevant in this case because the period between Lewis getting "alongside" and being pushed on the grass is so small that its almost impossible to judge for the drivers at 160mph. They both dramatically swung to the right, with Nico having the intention of covering the inside line and Lewis with the intention of taking the inside line, and they met in the middle. Sort of. 

I said about 5 minutes before the race "The best thing that could happen now is both Mercedes crash and Verstappen winning" - Couldn't be happier with the result :D

Lewis handling the situation very well on SKY. He has definitely matured. Not that it will stop the haters anyway, but just though it would be worth mentioning.

Jiggy said:
Hughesy said:
Rosberg has a problem, it's a conspiracy man, they have sabotaged his car o:)
Hamilton is still slower though. Which can only mean Mercedes have purposefully made bad changes to his setup!

At least his car managed to get through qualifying without breaking down this time so it's a step in the right direction.
I think we need a sarcasm tag/function for these forums.
I think he was joking along with you though.
Indeed I was

Voted for Lewis Hamilton as Driver of the Day for giving us such a fantastic race lol.

But what a race! I'm so so happy for Max, he really didn't put a foot wrong for the entire race. What a mega star he is turning into. I can't believe this dude is younger than me too. He should be finishing his A-levels! But instead he's living my dream, amazing.

As for the Merc's, very marginal but I do agree it was slightly more Nico's fault. He should have left him a bit more space, but it is totally the right decision to say it was a racing incident. Would have been unfair if either of them were penalised.

Looking at their interviews, you would think it's Lewis with a 43 point lead and Nico trailing him.

Could it be that Lewis will come out of this stronger mentally?

Well we know what happened after the incident at Spa, but this season is very different with Lewis having lost components already.

Jiggy, you still breathing?

Who needs air when you have euphoria?

'But how do we know, what's in HIS head?'

MBKF1 said:
Voted for Lewis Hamilton as Driver of the Day for giving us such a fantastic race lol.

But what a race! I'm so so happy for Max, he really didn't put a foot wrong for the entire race. What a mega star he is turning into. I can't believe this dude is younger than me too. He should be finishing his A-levels! But instead he's living my dream, amazing.

As for the Merc's, very marginal but I do agree it was slightly more Nico's fault. He should have left him a bit more space, but it is totally the right decision to say it was a racing incident. Would have been unfair if either of them were penalised.

Yeah I missed the first few minutes of the race so didn't see the incident live but yeah watching it back on the replays after it looked like a simple racing incident to me as well where Nico basically forced Lewis wide onto the grass and whilst trying to recover Lewis lost control and unfortunately clipped Nico along the way forcing them both to spin out.

Make sure you click on the link to see the pictures, made me laugh anyway.

https://twitter.com/alexcoatesy/status/731917828819914753

Looking at their interviews, you would think it's Lewis with a 43 point lead and Nico trailing him.

Clutching at straws for some positive, lol

Nah, the good news for Hamilton fans is he'll 100% win at Monaco. At the track where he desperately wants another victory and where it's always gone wrong over the past few years despite having the car to win, he'll break his current 8 race duck by winning there when things seem at there lowest. It's the way F1 works a lot of times, irony and all.

The other positive is: because there is a conspiracy against Hamilton, his car would've failed later on in the race anyway. So at least he took Rosberg with him when he had the chance.