Sign in to follow this  

MotoGP

@mike96 Honda were expecting Marquez in, so I'm gonna put this downto his inexperience and probably about down to his over-confidence.
Great podium though, and a great race! This and Misano have been brilliant :D 

@mike96 Honda were expecting Marquez in, so I'm gonna put this downto his inexperience and probably about down to his over-confidence.
Great podium though, and a great race! This and Misano have been brilliant :D 
But Pedrosa crashed as well so I'd say that was a big strategy mistake from Honda.

@mike96 It's down to the rider when to pit, not the team dude. Mistakes from both Marquez and Pedrosa, while Lorenzo pitted at the right time.
The thing is, they didn't know what Lorenzo and the others did because there's no radio in MotoGP.. Anyway, the funny thing is Marquez still managed to extend his championship lead and potentially win the championship in the next race :p

They didn't screw either rider Mike. It's up to the rider to choose when to pit, the team don't tell them. No team on the entire wall tells their rider when to pit. Marquez and Pedrosa screwed themselves, Honda had no hand in it. Did you not see the mechanics getting frustrated when Marquez kept shooting by? They wanted him in, he chose not to.

They didn't screw either rider Mike. It's up to the rider to choose when to pit, the team don't tell them. No team on the entire wall tells their rider when to pit. Marquez and Pedrosa screwed themselves, Honda had no hand in it. Did you not see the mechanics getting frustrated when Marquez kept shooting by? They wanted him in, he chose not to.
Το be honest I didn't see any BOX pit boards...

I already told you, they don't tell them when to pit, so there wouldn't be a sign on his pit board saying BOX. It's down to the rider when they feel like they need to come in, down to the rider to decide when it's too wet, and it's always been that way. The mechanics had the bike ready for ages, Marquez just thought he could keep going so it's his own fault. Honda cannot take any blame for this.

The bikes were out because they were getting warmed up. Also, in these situations they do tell them when to pit. because they can see what everybody else does with the pit-stops while the riders don't know.

*Facepalm* Yes they were getting warmed up, but they also had wet tyres on and everytime the rider was on the back straight they'd take the tyre warmers off in case he came in for it. 
And on the pit board they show the gap to the rider behind, that should be enough for someone to know if they had to pit. And yes, the riders don't know what riders more than say 5 seconds behind are doing, but if they're following or being followed closely, they'd know if one of those riders went in.

At the end of the day Mike, it's Pedrosa and Marquez's own faults for staying out too long. All of the pundits and ex riders were saying the same thing after the race.

I see your point, but I believe they should tell them to pit after that group of riders pitted (the ones before Lorenzo). It was a mistake they didn't do it then but yeah, it was strange to see them lapping so slow and losing more than 5 seconds per lap to the others and staying in for another lap and another and another! :p I guess they were "fooled" because there was only 3 or 4 laps till the end I think.

I dunno, I kinda like the way the riders aren't told :p That way they're all in the same boat, and they have to think for themselves. 

What I don't get is Marquez went down with 4 laps remaining, but didn't pit until 2 laps remaining, so he did nearly another 2 laps on dry tyres... Just doesn't make sense to me why he'd do that.

I dunno, I kinda like the way the riders aren't told :p That way they're all in the same boat, and they have to think for themselves. 

What I don't get is Marquez went down with 4 laps remaining, but didn't pit until 2 laps remaining, so he did nearly another 2 laps on dry tyres... Just doesn't make sense to me why he'd do that.
It's fixed, F1 2007 all over again!!

:p