Sign in to follow this  

MotoGP

talk in argentina paddock that cal crutchlow will be on the factory Repsol Honda next season and he already has full factory support for this season. nice one cal :-)

MonsieurMotoGP?!

But that would be awesome if that happened, it's about time he got a top top ride.

there is no source its just rumours circulating the paddock and I agree it would be well deserved. obviously Honda cant say anything until they know whats happening with pedrosa so we will just have to wait for something official. fingers crossed tho! I also heard they offered casey stoner the choice of doing the 2 gps (Austin,argentina) but he knocked it back as he has never been to either circuit :-(

what a race! cal crutchlows overtake on last corner of last lap was outstanding! :-) pity marquez crashed though would have been a good battle in last 2 laps with him and rossi, hats off to rossi though to pull the gap back like that and another win from 8th on grid, that's the last 3 wins all from 8th on grid, amazing!

Out of all the races I had to miss this one.

Feck my life!
Lol, you weren't the only one, I played GTA Online instead :p Gonna watch the MotoGP tonight but it sounds like a good race!

Great race, the last couple of laps were crazy! Between the BTCC and Moto GP yesterday was a fantastic day of racing!

And F1 :p 
Sadly F1 is pretty much the last motorsport I'll sit down and watch these days. I'll have a look at the results and watch a race if I read it was a good one, but I rarely watch it live.

World Rallycross Championship kicks off next weekend. Cannot wait for that!

F1 will always come first for me :p I usually watch highlights of the other events, perhaps apart from BTCC where I'll probably watch the full races.

But what a great race it was yesterday in Argentina! Real shame for Marquez to come down like that, but awesome result for Crutchlow too! Good to be back in the podium.

Tbh, I won't be crying for Marquez :p Rossi had him and it was his own fault for trying to fight off the inevitable. 

Such a badass move from Cal on the last corner, if Pedrosa is forced to retire they gotta get him on that full factory bike!

Crutchlow won't get the factory bike, not this year at least. There's sponsor clashes with him being sponsored by Monster and Honda sponsored by Red Bull, and Cal has a contract with LCR where other Honda riders have a contract direct with Honda so would be higher up the list.

By the sounds of it they're confident Dani will be back at Jerez anyway, but if not they have to start looking at ditching Aoyama. At the time he was the best choice, but Honda now need someone capable of taking points off Rossi. Marquez is already 30 points behind Rossi after three races, two of which is dominated last season. Need to start taking points off him quickly, just like others needed to (and didn't) take them off Marquez last year until it was too late.

with a standard ecu next year there is more chance of stoner returning, if he doesn;t come back next year I don't think he ever will unfortunately.

excellent race today, so much action all the way through the field. a few comments from kieth huewen the commentator had me laughing, 6 laps to go and lannone, smith and marquez all battling for the same position overtaking and undertaking every corner and straight keith huewen says "what great action here at le mans f1 eat your heart out" lol, then at the end the camera picks up jean todt in one of the garages and keith says "ah jean todts here, probably came to see a decent sport for a change" :-)

Iannone was my hero today :p The battle he gave Marquez was fantastic! I love it though how when he fights other guys he's pretty respectful of them, then Marquez comes along and he takes the gloves off :)

Good result though, happy with a Yamaha 1-2 but I wish Rossi had been on top :p 

no love lost between crazy joe and marquez, its been simmering for a few years now. the thing is prawn you have to race against marquez like that or you will never beat him as he is probably the most aggressive rider ever seen in moto gp, fight fire with fire and all that. how he kept himself on that bike today left me speechless, any other rider would have dropped it numerous times, he can turn the bike in with the back wheel off the deck, its amazing to watch!

Very true on that lol. Talking of which, and I hate to say it, but I kinda have a sneaky feeling that when Rossi and Marquez had their coming together in Argentina, it may have been slightly deliberate from Rossi after Marquez had just barged into him with his bike. It's Rossi's quick look back right before the incident that makes me think it lol. 

Definitely impressive that he stayed on though, I swear the move he made on Iannone that finally got him past was because he nearly came off and he wen't for the inside so he didn't hit him. Pretty good stuff, and good race either way :)

of course rossi knew what he was doing, everyone knew when the replay showed him looking. but tbh marquez needs that treatment, as you said marquez hit rossi when there was no need to so he got what he deserved IMO. 

Not a chance Rossi hit Marquez off on purpose in Argentina. No rider would do that. Rossi looked across to see if Marquez was along side him, thought he was ahead so took his line into the corner. Exact same thing happened in Texas in Moto2. Both were racing incidents.