Sign in to follow this  

MotoGP

man what a race!

Unespected ending...
Ianone was amazing today. How brave is this guy. That double overtake made me jump from my seat

Two races remaining, I place my bet to Rossi; despite I´m spanish I think Rossi can finally take the championship. In the other hand Lorenzi is a very cool guy htat grows in adversity

Looking forward to see whats coming on

Watched the race about 12 hours after it aired, I'd already read the comments you guys left here about how good it was so I was expecting something epic. I wasn't disappointed! 

How the hell Marquez started the last lap in 3rd and just over a second behind Lorenzo yet still won... I don't know.

RevolvingPrawn said: 

How the hell Marquez started the last lap in 3rd and just over a second behind Lorenzo yet still won... I don't know.

because he is the "magnificent marc marquez" lol he really is something special.

OzoreXS said:

Two races remaining, I place my bet to Rossi; despite I´m spanish I think Rossi can finally take the championship. In the other hand Lorenzi is a very cool guy htat grows in adversity

Malaysia and Valencia left, my bet is on Lorenzo. Predict Lorenzo to get 2nd place in Malaysia and win in Valencia, Rossi 4th in both races, marquez win in Malaysia and both Hondas on podium in Valencia. If that does happen  Lorenzo wins the championship by a few points. Remember when Rossi just had to finish in Valencia in 06 (I think) but he crashed and hayden won the championship, Rossi does not normally do well there. Whatever happens I think we can all agree its been an epic season and may the best man win!

Thats a very rational bet @SamuelTrautman . 
To tell the truth is my heart who wants to see Rossi as champion again, he deserves it!

But yeah... Malasia could be an advantage for Honda and Ducati due to its high speedand accel. Yamahas can be relegated to 3rd and 4th postitions..or above.

Valencia is Lorenzo´s territory. He manages very well that circuit.

But who knows, what if Lorenzo or Rossi make a zero? what if they get random finish positions?

Hold on the calculators :)

OzoreXS said: 

But who knows, what if Lorenzo or Rossi make a zero? what if they get random finish positions?

I really hope the championship is not decided by one of them crashing out and getting zero, lets hope its won by good, clean but hard racing!

In my opinion it will come down to what the points difference is leaving Malaysia. Rossi really does not go well at Valencia, he needs to beat Lorenzo in Malaysia to have a good chance of the title. 8 or so points will not be enough without something out of the ordinary happening in Valencia. With the weather in Malaysia anything can happen.

Really Rossi, really?

50/50 to me. Rossi pushed him wide, Marquez leant back on him thinking Rossi was gonna turn, Rossi didn't turn and his knee touched Marquez, Marquez fell. 

Rossi was being silly, but Marquez could have avoided that by not just mashing into Rossi.

I adore Rossi, but that was as plain and dirty as it get's. At least he did it in a slow corner, but it's absolutely not on to do anything like that. The stewards can't turn a blind eye on this situation imo. 

Still not getting why people are villifying Rossi so much... Can't anybody see that he clearly didn't mean to take Marquez down? Marquez pushed against Rossi, Rossi's knee got caught on his handle bars, Marquez fell. 

Far as I'm concerned Marquez is to blame for the fall, Rossi is to blame for being a bit silly. Also, F U James Toseland for saying Rossi kicked him down. Idiot.

Still not getting why people are villifying Rossi so much... Can't anybody see that he clearly didn't mean to take Marquez down? Marquez pushed against Rossi, Rossi's knee got caught on his handle bars, Marquez fell. 

Far as I'm concerned Marquez is to blame for the fall, Rossi is to blame for being a bit silly. Also, F U James Toseland for saying Rossi kicked him down. Idiot.
I have watched the replay loads of times from many angles now. First he clearly cut Rossi up the corner before  which could have caused a huge crash, so I'm sure the red mist came down a bit. Rossi then tried to run him out wide and Marquez refused to pull out so rubbed against him. Rossi then used his leg to push him which is what's worked against him. I don't actually think he tried to kick him off, he was pretty much crushing Rossi leg so he tried to push him away. You are right though, his knee got caught in the bars, but after that he clearly tried to push him away. 

Rossi will now have to have the race of his life coming from the back. That incident may have lost him the title  :(

After today's race, I can only see losers out there. Rossi because of  his kick and the penalty which might cost him the championship, Marquez because of his antics and Lorenzo because of his whining about Rossi after the race. 

Going by this race, none of them would have deserved to win the championship. Iannone is the rider of the year for me. 

don't know how long u guys have been watching motogp but for me Rossi has got form for being quite a dirty rider with a win at all cost attitude, maybe its just karma and he is getting what he gave out all those years ago but doesn't like it at all. Must be annoying for Dani Pedrosa tho, he wins race and everyone talks about Marquez, Rossi and Lorenzo lol

100% agree with goldencolt that Iannone is rider of the year

He didn't kick him. Like, at all. You must be watching a completely different replay to me. Having watched it from all the angles they've shown, it looks to me like Rossi's boot gets caught on the handlebar which is why his leg pulls outwards. No kick, no knee, his leg was pulled by the handlebar. Watch it again, watch Rossi's knee, his knee is actually ahead of where it would need to be to knock Marquez off.

Rossi stood him up, or tried to at least. Marquez decided he'd lean on Rossi and that's what caused him to fall off. 

I dont know what to think abous Rossis movement today...

Maybe, Marquez´s bike have the answer, throught telemetry. It would be nice to know if his rear brake was activated.

for me, looked like Rossi was looking for the rear brake on Marquez´s bike to kick it. Rossi didnt even look to the turn apex.
And Rossi was reproaching Marquez a bit before "the incident". Maybe he just got mad because he was loosing to many time fighting with Marquez ...and he saw how Pedrosa and Lorenzo take dvantage.

So, that was not a kick (you kack not bring down a guy wth such a soft kick), that was a deliverated push on rear brake lever on Marquez´s bike or even to Marquez´s foot.

Either way, its a shame... and an incredible affair today at Malasia :(

How the hell do you say it was deliberate? If it was deliberate there's no way he'd have gotten away with it. Also, this a Tweet from Julian Ryder, says it all for me.

http://twitter.com/MotoGPJules/status/658224141099642880

Rossi's more amazing than I realised if he's able to kick the brake lever on a bike at 50mph while turning.

As a Rossi fan the last week has been nothing but embarrassing. Allegations against Marc for Philip Island were a little hard to believe, and it just all went down hill from there. I think if he kept his mouth shut none of this would have happened. Whatever his motives were on Thursday, whether it be mind games with Marc/Jorge or if he genuinely believed Marc was riding to slow him down its backfired on him. I don't believe Marc was riding anything less than 100% in Philip Island, and I'm not convinced he was purposely holding up Valentino in Malaysia. Rossi obviously was convinced he was and snapped. It was Marc that ended up riding into Valentino, but he shouldn't have been in a position where he was able to in such a way. Silly from Rossi and has cost him the title if nothing out of the ordinary doesn't happen in Valencia. 7 points wouldn't have been enough if he'd qualified normally with his record at that track, never mind from the back of the grid.

The whole fiasco with his paranoia about Marc in PI/Malaysia, reports from reliable sources suggesting he even asked Dani what his motives where and why he put up such a fight in Aragaon, pressure has got to the old man. Shame that such a fantastic season will now be remembered for Rossi letting the pressure get to him, letting Marc get in his head, and "that move".