DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

MotoGP

The graphics are a major improvement over the old ones.

Shall we hand Lorenzo the championship now? After his performance tonight I can't see anybody beating him overall this season.

That race was awesome :D I waas kinda looking forward to seeing both Ducati's on the podium, but I was even happier when they took each other out and Rossi got back up there!

Marquez back at his best, what a race from him. Such a shame for Pedrosa and Dovizioso, going to the Ducati garage when he retired was a  nice move from Dani..
Btw Crutchlow... just being Crashlow :p

mike96 said:
Marquez back at his best, what a race from him. Such a shame for Pedrosa and Dovizioso, going to the Ducati garage when he retired was a  nice move from Dani..

No sympathy for Rossi? :p 

As for Crutchlow, I'm blaming the bike. He's an awesome rider, his time with Tech 3 he was consistently up there. But since then, with the Ducati and the Honda, he seems to end up on the ground more often than finishing races :( 

mike96 said:

As for Crutchlow, I'm blaming the bike. He's an awesome rider, his time with Tech 3 he was consistently up there. But since then, with the Ducati and the Honda, he seems to end up on the ground more often than finishing races :( 
Yeah, that was a weird crash for Rossi.. As for Crutchlow it's definitely the bike, if you exclude Marquez everyone at Honda really suffers wth that front tyre. Just look at Pedrosa so far.

mike96 said:
mike96 said:

Yeah, that was a weird crash for Rossi.. As for Crutchlow it's definitely the bike, if you exclude Marquez everyone at Honda really suffers wth that front tyre. Just look at Pedrosa so far.
Crutchlow has said that Honda have spent the last 5/6 years moulding the bike around two people who ride like no one else, Marquez and Stoner. No one can ride a bike that is basically built to be ridden like Marquez rides it.

Holeeee cow... It's confirmed, Lorenzo has signed for Ducati and will be leaving Yamaha at the end of this season. Was not expecting that to actually happen!

To be honest it wasn't unexpected, it's been a few weeks since the rumors started growing..  The question is, which Andrea will he replace? Regarding the rider who's going to replace him, that's probably going to be Vinales.

Oh I'd heard the rumours, just didn't actually expect that they'd turn out true :p 
David Emmett (who I believe is very reliable) mentioned the deal was done a few weeks ago, and usually if he says something it's going to happen.

As a part time MotoGP fan.. this confuses me!
Are Ducati expected to be better than Honda and Yamaha next season? 

mike96 said:
Oh I'd heard the rumours, just didn't actually expect that they'd turn out true :p 
David Emmett (who I believe is very reliable) mentioned the deal was done a few weeks ago, and usually if he says something it's going to happen.
Maybe I didn't hear David Emmett say that and I was going by my own expectations? :p I like MotoGP, but I don't know as much about it as F1. Don't even know who David Emmett is.

Lukedfrt said:
As a part time MotoGP fan.. this confuses me!
Are Ducati expected to be better than Honda and Yamaha next season? 
No, but there are lots of different speculated reasons why he's moved.

1. Simply to try something different
2. Ducati making big steps over last 2 years since Gigi has been in charge of the bike (the man is a genius, not quite Newey equivalent but very highly thought of) and that is only likely to continue. Ducati have been close to winning races for over a year, with Lorenzo on the bike they would have won many last season.
3. Yamaha making the bike to suit both riders, Ducati will likely build the bike around Lorenzo regardless of his teammate. Yamaha already suits Lorenzo really well though
4. Money. Ducati/Lorenzo rumours have been around for years and years. Ducati have a big pot of cash, even more so since they've been owned by Audi.
5. Simply to get away from the Rossi saga, which is close to getting nasty again since end of last season.
6. Motivation of achieving what Rossi (biggest rival, says Rossi is best ever etc etc) didn't, winning on a Ducati. Also motivation from Rossi saying over the winter Lorenzo doesn't have the balls to move to Ducati. Rossi knew what he was doing when he said that, knew it would make Lorenzo move if he hadn't already decided to do so.

So, according to the latest rumors Pedrosa is off to Yamaha! Now that would be a shock..

Interesting race! I won't deny that I cheered a little bit when Marquez went down, but it was tinged with a bit of sadness for Dovi at the same time. 

The good thing is the championship is wide open again now, just hoping Lorenzo doesn't run away with it so we can have a good battle :)

Also fantastic for Suzuki and Vinales! Really hoping he does make the switch to Yamaha over Pedrosa. 

I don't like Lorenzo, but you gotta give it to him: Despite all the hate he receives, his performance is not suffering from it at all. Shame on the idiots feeling the need to boo a man who has been risking his life for 45 minutes partly to give them some entertainment.

I don't like Lorenzo, but you gotta give it to him: Despite all the hate he receives, his performance is not suffering from it at all. Shame on the idiots feeling the need to boo a man who has been risking his life for 45 minutes partly to give them some entertainment.
Yea, I don't much like him either but the booing was super harsh. Gotta hope that if he wins races or gets podiums with Ducati that that'll stop happening.

https://streamable.com/g55z                                                                           

Dorna are nailing their nature graphics aren't they! They had that owl in Philip Island as well recently didn't they.