Sign in to follow this  

MotoGP

Like it how you guys are talking about the graphics pointing out a ladybug, but not the actual race :p 

Last lap was crazy, but TBH I didn't care which of them won, they'd both be boo'd either way. Sad that Rossi's engine went though, he was definitely in with a chance of another home win. And the championship is looking less open too now.

Edit: Stupid pensive face

Was a great race but shows how much MotoGP is going to struggle in Italy once Rossi retires. The best race of the year but because Rossi wasn't in it people were leaving by the truck load.

Sad news that a MOTO2 rider has died in free practice. 

http://m.crash.net/motogp/news/230977/1/luis-salom-dies-from-injuries-at-catalunya.html

Really sad moment. MotoGP is a beautiful sport and I really love it, but what happened is just terrible. I can't even write know, because I'm really shaking. Very sad. Whole paddock is sad, because it was a great man. To lose him, especially at his age. Hope he will race in heavens with Marco and Shoya and other guys who passed away in this beautiful sport. Very tough weekend ahead, but I'm sure Luis would love to let guys race in his memory. R.I.P Luis.

Just seen the footage,  he hit his bike before hitting the the padded barrier.  If it wasnt for F1 there would be gravel and he could've survived. 

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2016/06/03/security-camera-footage-of-salom-s-crash/202721

Jeez that actually makes me shake, so terrifying what can happen to people. I mean don't any of you wonder what he was thinking seconds before he hit his bike/barrier ???

That is so sad! Another racer taken too soon in a horrible crash. They've decided to use the F1 track layout for the rest of the weekend and probably will for the future.

That's really quite grim, RIP                                                             

Thank you Iannone! :D                                                                

Haha boom, love it. Not sure Rossi is going to win, nervous 6 laps.

I think Iannone is some kind of Kamikadze. Of course he has some good results, but excepting them, he has lots of crashes in races. Only this year: Qatar from P2; Argentina from P3 taking out Dovi; Le Mans from P2; Catalunya taking out Jorge. That's good he's going out from the Ducati Team, so maybe he will be able to control the speed of his Suzuki.

I think Iannone is some kind of Kamikadze. Of course he has some good results, but excepting them, he has lots of crashes in races. Only this year: Qatar from P2; Argentina from P3 taking out Dovi; Le Mans from P2; Catalunya taking out Jorge. That's good he's going out from the Ducati Team, so maybe he will be able to control the speed of his Suzuki.
Andrea Maldonado ;)

Andrea Maldonado ;)
Well said mate. I can say that this year Andrea "Maldonado" Iannone is the true favourite to win the Pastor Maldonado Prize for 2016 :)

He's always been a bit of a loon. Last year it looked like he'd matured massively and for the majority of the season made Dovi look very very average in a way no teammate has since Stoner/Pedrosa, but clearly it was a blip.

APR193 said:
He's always been a bit of a loon. Last year it looked like he'd matured massively and for the majority of the season made Dovi look very very average in a way no teammate has since Stoner/Pedrosa, but clearly it was a blip.
I agree last year was very mature. Few good races, especially the one I will remember for ages - Australia. This race was just amazing and we've seen very good ride by Iannone. Sadly though, after that race he had a bad DNF streak (4 races, before his podium in Texas).
However, remember his nicknames - "Crazy Joe", or the one he wears - "The Maniac".

Just got around to watching todays race. I can't help but think Rossi and Lorenzo have both torpedoed their championship challenges now. Lorenzo was extremely lacklustre, and Rossi was just dumb to stay on the wets so long, despite the team holding out the Box pit board for god knows how many laps.

Great podium for Crutchlow though, and a massive shame that Redding lost 3rd with only 2 corners to go.

Some slightly cool news, Read Motorsport have been given FIM accreditation for the British GP, so our MotoGP editor has access to the paddock, media pen, press conferences etc. as a journalist! :)