Sign in to follow this  

MotoGP

Looked like one of them may have a broken neck looking at the replay, obviously speculating. When they slide back across the track I close my eyes after what happened a few years ago. These guy's have balls of steel, racing bikes at those speeds. 

I was shouting at the screen when he passed Rossi, then when he got to Cal and wasn't getting him, it was hilarious to see how ragged he got. Then that overrun had me shouting something along the lines of "have that ya twat!" ;)

After that I was shouting at Pedrosa not to let him go lol.

This season as a whole is really good. Maybe in overall classification you can't see that, cause Marquez is really consistent, but 7 different winners in 7 races. Lorenzo, Rossi, Miller, Marquez, Iannone, Crutchlow, now Vinales and still some potential winners like Pedrosa. I don't think Dovizioso will have chance, unless it rains in Misano as Misano isn't a good track for Ducati. Misano isn't a power track, it's relatively slow and top speed uder 300 kph. Only 6 races to go so the season is closing. Lorenzo's title defence chances are minimal after that summer.

Edit: Iannone is unfit to race in Misano after crash in FP1. Looks like he will out for Aragon also. Another bad weekend for Andrea.

Nobody has expected that. True 2016 champion. Almost 0 mistakes (the tandem crash in Le Mans being his only one in the race, but he scored points there), consistent finishes, 5 wins, many podiums. Lorenzo's and Rossi's had 7 DNFs together, Lorenzo had terrible wet races and Marquez managed to score points in every circumstaces. True champion and many more championships ahead of him. Maybe Agostini's 15 crowns are unbeatable, but Rossi's 9 is very likely to be beaten soon. Now Phillip Island and another fantastic race. Maybe we will get even better race than last year, even though I don't think it's possible.

Maybe the worst, but I still had to wake up at 4 am to watch the races. For me the most important parts of the race were the falls of Rossi and Lorenzo, but Moto3 as always interesting and Moto2 wasn't that bad either.

Yeah, this time it was quite a good one. Again I had to wake up at 4 am, to watch 3 races and saw the big crash in Moto 3 race. As always Moto 3 was really good and again World Champion ride by Brad Binder. In Moto 2 the best finish by Tom Luthi to keep his title chances alive. 22 points deficit with 50 to score. Everything can happen. And Moto GP with Cal winnig, but we saw few crashes in closing stages - Barbera, Hayden, Aleix Espargaro. Maybe again it was the problem with the dropping track temperature for Moto GP race. And as I remember all these guys had hard front tyre. However, Cal won the race with this choice, so it wasn't that bad. Next stop: Malaysia

Really, really sad news.. :(                                                                                

Why the hell didn't Rossi pit for so long, ruined what could have been a win...

Fuck. Looks like Rossi's chances in the championship are over early this season. Apparently he's broken his leg...

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/rossi-hospitalised-after-motocross-crash-947520/

God I hope that Dovi or Vinales win it now, anything other than another Marquez championship.

Really hoping Marquez slides out of the race, can’t see him losing the championship though.  Somebody I know is actually at the race the lucky sod.

I've pretty much stopped watching MotoGP now. I just look at the results after the race and if Marquez has won I don't watch the race, no matter how "exciting" it was.

Used to be that MotoGP was far more exciting than F1, but not for me anymore.

Hughesy said:
It was a dull race, I only watched it as I had nothing better to do.
Figured it probably was. I only put "exciting" in quotation marks cos that's what the motorpsort sites were saying about it :p