DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logitech G920, a Wheel Nub's Journey

Fidds78 said:
Right, after a few days I'm getting used to it but still far off pad pace. Just sharing this if it helps anyone that if you get a wheel,  don't be afraid to turn the abs off, and maybe all the others too for that matyer. I thought it would help but it defo doesn't!  
Sliding round corners much easier with them all off and also getting my arms in a twist through hairpins but love it!
Next buy maybe a wheel stand......current setup leaves much to be desired lol
Anyone  have any suggestions? Budget around a ton and not much more than that I'm afraid :(

I have my G29 mounted onto a "Pagnian Next Level" racing wheel stand. While it's heavy, it's incredibly stable. Like a rock, so-to-speak. Just for your back pocket, I'm 6'4" and 240 lbs. and I only mention that because the stand is completely adjustable.

https://www.pagnianamericas.com/store/

I only have the stand right now, but I will eventually upgrade for an entire cockpit...

Wow!! 
I went diy route and hacked an old desk in half, painted it, screwed it down and got pedals where it should stay  :D even carpeted the inside hahaha
Went and got forza 6 the other day on cheap just for comparison....it feels...dunno....so much less enjoyable than DIRT even though it's easier l:dizzy:
However, do find I need to be more 'In the zone' for a decent DiRT sesh!