DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I the only one who doesn't like a stiff brake pedal?

13 hours ago, Makromatic said:

right now i am using the clutch pedal as brake because my chair rolls backwards if i use the braking pedal.

I assume it's an office chair? There are many ways to stop it from rolling back. Easiest one would be to put some shoes under it's wheels. Ideally you would want to connect the chair with the pedals somehow.

25 minutes ago, Pistro said:

I assume it's an office chair? There are many ways to stop it from rolling back. Easiest one would be to put some shoes under it's wheels. Ideally you would want to connect the chair with the pedals somehow.

Or just replace the chair wheels with a set that has brakes (not hard to find online, I think I paid less than 10€ for them), which is more convenient and effective. Of course nothing beats a proper cockpit with everything hard mounted, but this is still good enough for a loadcell pedal (the Fanatec CSL Elite).

I like a fairly firm brake pedal.  Think it'd be extremely odd usually a pedal that feels identical to the throttle for braking.  The idea isn't necessarily to use the full range of motion for the brake pedals, we don't use the full range of motion for the brake pedals in real cars, they reach what is basically 100% brake power early on based on pressure applied.  Without having a loadcell to better mimic that proper feeling, feels better to use the rubber things for pressure and adjusting the games brake sensitivity to reach 100% brake earlier in the motion, since it is hard getting it to 100% by using the full range of motion.