Sign in to follow this  

Brake Bias Backwards

Brake bias seems to be backwards? Or labelled backwards. Put it "Front" and your rear wheels lock up and produce oversteer, put it "Rear" and your front wheels lock up and produce understeer. Am I missing something here or is this just a dumb mistake in the game?

So, um, hello?

I can record a YT video if that helps but don't want to waste my time if this is just some misunderstanding like, I dunno, it's national backwards day or something.

I dont understand why I saw a video of someone adjusting brake bias (I assume on a pc) and it had multiple slots so that you could put the bias forward or backward to produce varying degrees of bias whereas on the ps3 its either all front or all back.

Is the car you're driving a FWD? And to the other dude. You unlock more options to adjust brake bias (and others) as you level up, Yo!

Yes i think youre right. Was doing some practice for a tuner race in an rx7, thought it was oversteering too much under braking, added front bias brakes and it made it worse.

Then i changed it to full rear bias and that helped a lot, so i think its the wrong way round.

Yes i think youre right. Was doing some practice for a tuner race in an rx7, thought it was oversteering too much under braking, added front bias brakes and it made it worse.

Then i changed it to full rear bias and that helped a lot, so i think its the wrong way round.
Thanks for the reply. Strange that in a forum full of people who reckon they know about racing, nobody seems to have noticed this.

Hmm I usually don't brake mid corner I'll have to play with it but when drifting I have it full forwards to left foot brake and keep angle. It works in that so it's at least correct for drift cars.