Jump to content Jump to content

2016 Monaco Grand Prix

buttonfan

So from practice it looks like Ferrari are the 4th fastest team here... at this point they should abandon the season and focus on the new rules for 2017. If the Renault upgrade works as expected Red Bull are going to pass them in the WCC anyway. 
VetteIfan said:
So from practice it looks like Ferrari are the 4th fastest team here... at this point they should abandon the season and focus on the new rules for 2017. If the Renault upgrade works as expected Red Bull are going to pass them in the WCC anyway. 
Earlier than expected that the words "Ferrari should abandon the season" were uttered. Usually around July.
VetteIfan said:
That's a little premature I think. Plus it's Monaco, a track not very indicative of overall performance. They might not be able to win much but they are closer to Merc this year than they were last year, and they still got a few wins. 
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Jolyon Palmer will keep his seat for next season. He's not been enough of a match for Kevin Magnussen so far, he's made a few silly mistakes (including about 3 mistakes now in Monaco alone), etc.

If I were Mercedes, I would be dying to get Esteban Ocon in that Renault seat next season. I know they've loaned him as a reserve driver for this season, but I think he'd do a mega job in there. Palmer hasn't impressed me as much as I expected. You never know, he might have a stunning second half of the season, but I doubt it.
MBKF1 said:
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Jolyon Palmer will keep his seat for next season. He's not been enough of a match for Kevin Magnussen so far, he's made a few silly mistakes (including about 3 mistakes now in Monaco alone), etc.

If I were Mercedes, I would be dying to get Esteban Ocon in that Renault seat next season. I know they've loaned him as a reserve driver for this season, but I think he'd do a mega job in there. Palmer hasn't impressed me as much as I expected. You never know, he might have a stunning second half of the season, but I doubt it.
Agreed. It doesn't look good on you when you're a full year with the team as test- & reserve-driver and you get out-driven by a last-minute replacement. And Palmer in general just doesn't really impress me.

Archived