Sign in to follow this  

2016 Monaco Grand Prix

Well it's about time, isn't it? So, Hamilton was fastest in FP1 while Ricciardo was the one who led FP2. Will it rain on Sunday? Will Red Bull challenge Mercedes? 
Discuss.

Hope it does rain, it's the only thing that can make this extremely boring race slightly exciting. It's only going to get worse next year with the cars being wider.

I am crossing everything for rain on Sunday. The race will be boring as heck otherwise, I'm sure.

So from practice it looks like Ferrari are the 4th fastest team here... at this point they should abandon the season and focus on the new rules for 2017. If the Renault upgrade works as expected Red Bull are going to pass them in the WCC anyway. 

VetteIfan said:
So from practice it looks like Ferrari are the 4th fastest team here... at this point they should abandon the season and focus on the new rules for 2017. If the Renault upgrade works as expected Red Bull are going to pass them in the WCC anyway. 
Earlier than expected that the words "Ferrari should abandon the season" were uttered. Usually around July.

VetteIfan said:
So from practice it looks like Ferrari are the 4th fastest team here... at this point they should abandon the season and focus on the new rules for 2017.
That's what they did in 2011. And 2013. And 2014.

So this is how the Ferrari hype train crashes. I mean, we all knew it was going to happen. As it did ever since 2009.

Still, at least they're not as bad as McLaren :P 

Latest weather forecasts- 58% chance of rain! It's increased compared to yesterday! 
Question is who does the rain help most?
Red Bull?
McLaren?

When it comes to these 2 I think McLaren, Red Bull looked very strong yesterday.. Let's see what tomorrow brings! Did you guys watch the GP2 race? Crazy one, I think it had 4 VSCs :p !

VetteIfan said:
That's a little premature I think. Plus it's Monaco, a track not very indicative of overall performance. They might not be able to win much but they are closer to Merc this year than they were last year, and they still got a few wins. 

Latest weather forecasts- 58% chance of rain! It's increased compared to yesterday! 
Question is who does the rain help most?
Red Bull?
McLaren?
Mercedes.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Jolyon Palmer will keep his seat for next season. He's not been enough of a match for Kevin Magnussen so far, he's made a few silly mistakes (including about 3 mistakes now in Monaco alone), etc.

If I were Mercedes, I would be dying to get Esteban Ocon in that Renault seat next season. I know they've loaned him as a reserve driver for this season, but I think he'd do a mega job in there. Palmer hasn't impressed me as much as I expected. You never know, he might have a stunning second half of the season, but I doubt it.

That wasn't the engine blowing up, it was the engine having a vape  ;)

Carlos Sainz to replace Max Verstappen in Canada, you read it here first.

MBKF1 said:
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Jolyon Palmer will keep his seat for next season. He's not been enough of a match for Kevin Magnussen so far, he's made a few silly mistakes (including about 3 mistakes now in Monaco alone), etc.

If I were Mercedes, I would be dying to get Esteban Ocon in that Renault seat next season. I know they've loaned him as a reserve driver for this season, but I think he'd do a mega job in there. Palmer hasn't impressed me as much as I expected. You never know, he might have a stunning second half of the season, but I doubt it.
Agreed. It doesn't look good on you when you're a full year with the team as test- & reserve-driver and you get out-driven by a last-minute replacement. And Palmer in general just doesn't really impress me.

Lets hope it rains tomorrow. Maybe then it could be fun with Max coming from the back entering the fight for P6 or P7.

Oh for **** sake, Lewis might as well go home and give up until next season........

Awesome lap by Danny Ricciardo though, but Mercedes suck balls for their reliablity on car #44.