Sign in to follow this  

2016 Monaco Grand Prix

Daniel Ricciardo you good thing! :D         

Love Ricciardo, but I'm so pissed that Mercs can't build even a slightly reliable car for Lewis. Can't help but think he would've challenged for pole with 2 runs. For Hamilton to still have a slim chance of the championship, he needs to finish 1st and for Rosberg to crash out.

I'm so angry right now, when I touched a glass of water a few minutes ago the water in it started to boil over.

What another stunning lap from Ricciardo! The last two races, when the pressure has been there to deliver, he's just stepped it up another gear.

This is what impresses me about Formula 1 and what makes me love the sport. I know I couldn't suddenly pull out another 0.5 seconds out of nowhere, but these superheroes can. Awesome.

But what a shame for Lewis, again. That's 3 out of 6 qualifying sessions where his car has let him down, it has to go right for him some time.

VetteIfan said:
So from practice it looks like Ferrari are the 4th fastest team here... at this point they should abandon the season and focus on the new rules for 2017. If the Renault upgrade works as expected Red Bull are going to pass them in the WCC anyway. 
That's a little premature I think. Plus it's Monaco, a track not very indicative of overall performance. They might not be able to win much but they are closer to Merc this year than they were last year, and they still got a few wins. 
Well, they were miles off RB and Mercedes and were split by a Force India. So 4th fastest team wasn't too far off. And that's the thing, it's not just Monaco. At nearly every track so far this season they've been an equal amount or even further off the pace in qualifying than they were last season. The timing screens are the concrete evidence that despite being talked up, they are not closer to Mercedes this season.

But at least Red Bull are making a race of it at the front. Superb lap from Danny Ric but I'm concerned about his strategy for tomorrow. I don't really see how starting on the harder tyre is a real advantage here because now he'll just be slower off the line and he'll have to pit later, giving Mercedes the potential for an undercut. Ricciardo will obviously then be on the quicker and fresher tyres for the second stint, but it won't matter because Monaco. Hopefully RB have it figured out because they'll have to play it carefully. 

VetteIfan said:
VetteIfan said:
So from practice it looks like Ferrari are the 4th fastest team here... at this point they should abandon the season and focus on the new rules for 2017. If the Renault upgrade works as expected Red Bull are going to pass them in the WCC anyway. 
That's a little premature I think. Plus it's Monaco, a track not very indicative of overall performance. They might not be able to win much but they are closer to Merc this year than they were last year, and they still got a few wins. 
Well, they were miles off RB and Mercedes and were split by a Force India. So 4th fastest team wasn't too far off. And that's the thing, it's not just Monaco. At nearly every track so far this season they've been an equal amount or even further off the pace in qualifying than they were last season. The timing screens are the concrete evidence that despite being talked up, they are not closer to Mercedes this season.

I get what you're saying about qualifying times and tend to agree, but I don't think that's the whole picture or even the important one. Yes Ferrari on what essentially amounts to 1 lap speed is about the same distance off Merc as they have been. But they have genuinely challenged Merc on race pace which no one really has before. And now here's RB showing what is possible with in season development. Granted RB were running a very outdated/underpowered engine until now. But it's Ferrari with two WDC, they can certainly develop a car. They still need to finish at least second in the WCC this year so giving up to work on next year isn't really an option yet, but it's coming soon.

What a lap from Ricciardo! I've watched the onboard lap twice now and there is only one correction for oversteer throughout! That is quite possibly the best ever lap we'll ever see a Formula One driver ever complete.

With both Mercs having the same issue today you have to wonder if it'll affect their race at all.

I don't believe this whole "both cars had the same issue"-crap. That's Mercedes PR speech to try and make it look like it's not just one side of the garage having issues. Remember when they claimed Rosberg had an "issue" towards the end of the Russian GP despite the fact that he was pumping in fastest lap after fastest lap?

Please please please stay wet
https://twitter.com/msportextra/status/736819552907038720

Had a stupid feeling Ricciardo would snatch pole, but noo, expected Mercedes to sandbag again, why Jiggy.

When was the last time we had a standing start in properly wet conditions? Brazil 2003?

I don't believe this whole "both cars had the same issue"-crap. That's Mercedes PR speech to try and make it look like it's not just one side of the garage having issues. Remember when they claimed Rosberg had an "issue" towards the end of the Russian GP despite the fact that he was pumping in fastest lap after fastest lap?

Of course you don't, you're a paranoid Hamilton fan. If it was the other way around you'd believe it.

Verstappen's wheel fused on, Red Bull mechanics have the hammers out.

Platy said:
Verstappen's wheel fused on, Red Bull mechanics have the hammers out.
I have an image of Jeremy Clarkson hitting the car with a hammer. 

I legit can't get more pissed off than I get by this whole starting from behind the safety car thing because it's wet.

Like fucking fuck off you fucking fucks. Not even explaining it in a rational manner, I'm talking about pure toddler like rage, like why man, just why?

Oh oops, sorry about that word that apparently slipped through the censor list.

I thought it blocked out everything automatically.

Haha yes Lewis, Rosberg driving like a granny on a Sunday morning drive, looks like Rosberg let him go, left it far too late if that's the case.

GG Red Bull.                                    

The Max hype train has ended :joy: