Sign in to follow this  

2016 Monaco Grand Prix

If Hamilton gets done for that, then Rosberg should've got a penalty in the last race.

Hughesy said:
If Hamilton gets done for that, then Rosberg should've got a penalty in the last race.
Just trying to remember when Rosberg cut a whole corner before squeezing Hamilton last race...

Hughesy said:
Just trying to remember when Rosberg cut a whole corner before squeezing Hamilton last race...
It's got nothing to do with cutting the corner as Ric wasn't alongside him at that point and Lewis didn't gain he lost, it's the bit after that which is what Rosberg did in the last race...

No further action lol........                         

Hughesy said:
No further action lol........                         
The right call. Hamilton left space unlike Rosberg in Spain, so a penalty would have been unfair.

Such a strange race. Hamilton pumps in super fast laps for 3/4 laps leaving Ricciardo behind. Then suddenly Ricciardo is on his tail again. And every lap they overtake a Manor.

Platy said:
Such a strange race. Hamilton pumps in super fast laps for 3/4 laps leaving Ricciardo behind. Then suddenly Ricciardo is on his tail again. And every lap they overtake a Manor.
I swear there's like 12 Manors on the track. I think Ricciardo has the pace but is just waiting for the right time.

Lol Sauber, that team is such  a mess, all came from not obeying the radio.

Banter
https://twitter.com/gvandergarde/status/736911037669183489

Looks like Ricciardo is going to miss out on another win due to Red Bull screwing him over.

For this GP it's actually been pretty exciting, having the cars so close fighting made for a great race. All ofa sudden he has cut the gap to Nico, but still has less engine parts for the season.

Also Ron wasn't lieing, they have jumped Mercedes, well one anyway, and haha Rosberg lost another position at the end :joy:

ROSBERGLOL                                                              

Good win for Hamilton. Got the breaks today and took advantage.

Perez for DOTD.

Well, at least I'm the highest finishing Nico toda-
HULKAMANIA IS RUNNING WILD

Lucky win for Lewis, but I guess this was payback for 2015.

Finally win #44, it was a long time coming. And the championship is back on, but it's still a long way to go and with engine penalties still waiting, it will be tough.

Nico was embarassing today.

Theoretical question re Ricciardo pitstop. Could he just wave away the front jackman and go on his way?

Obviously not an identical incident. Say the mechanics realising the new tyres aren't ready, don't take off the old ones or refit them.

Theoretical question re Ricciardo pitstop. Could he just wave away the front jackman and go on his way?
With no tyres on? That'd be a bit difficult.

Platy said:
With no tyres on? That'd be a bit difficult.
Still be faster than sitting in the pit box.

/rant incoming

Say what you want about the points gap and the engine parts, but there's one thing big thing Hamilton does have over Rosberg in this championship, and that's the fact that he actually wants it. Today was an example that Rosberg doesn't have the mentality to win the title. How soft in the head do you have to be to let your title rival past you (and let's not forget, a rival who has actively refused team orders to let him through in the past [Hungary 2014]) and allow him to take the win in the interests of "team spirit"? Can't believe what I've seen. Lewis will win a the title for me because he simply wants it more, which is something we've seen not just this year but in past years as well, and he has the pace advantage to go with it. As today has been evidence of, the points gap means nothing at this point with so many races to come. 

/rant over

Anyway, aside from that I'm absolutely gutted for Ricciardo. Hamilton drove fantastically on the wet tyres towards the end of his first stint and was in a different league to Rosberg today, so I don't want to take anything away from him. But I think this'll go down as the race that Red Bull lost rather than the race that Hamilton won. DR put in one of the best performances over a weekend that I've seen in a long time and he totally deserved this. 

Great race today. Lewis got lucky but it's about time something went his way this season. My biggest rant of the day though has to go to Charlie Whiting. I can sort of understand the need for a SC start, but after one or two laps he should've called it in. It's getting to the point in every wet race since 2010 that they leave it out too long and go straight to inters when it goes in. There's no point in the full wet tyre anymore.

To be honest. Lewis should have been penalized after that one incident where Ricciardo was going crazy

To be honest. Lewis should have been penalized after that one incident where Ricciardo was going crazy
Why? He left a gap, it just looked tighter because the RB was spinning its wheels. If you punish Hamilton for that, you punish Rosberg for Spain.