Sign in to follow this  

2016 Monaco Grand Prix

Has anyone noticed how Red Bull's race suits are different sometimes, like I swear that Ricciardo's suit didn't have the bull patterns on it in quali, but did for the race...

Agreed on Rosberg when he let Hamilton through. That was disgusting and I hope he doesn't win the championship this season now, an absolute disgrace by someone who is leading the title race.

On the Hamilton-Ricciardo incident, people need to stop comparing it to the Rosberg-Hamilton incident. The fact that Lewis cut the corner beforehand means both situations are incompareable. It doesn't mean Hamilton deserves a penalty. But don't compare those two incidents please, they're not the same. You usually get a penalty for that when you do it multiple times though, a pen straight away for it would've been very harsh. But I get it if Ricciardo was pissed about it.

Something that also gets me, Ricciardo's reaction. These drivers man, they'll act humbled and blow smoke up everybody's ass and post funny meme tweets when everything is going great, but the second the team screws up, you get passive aggressive comments like "don't talk to me LEAVE ME ALONE SHUT UP MOM" like an angsty teenager. Yeah, it's adrenaline in part talking and it's maybe something that has always been there and gets to the surface more now that they're broadcasting more team radio, but it also makes them come across as incredibly whiny. All of them. Except Kimi, who legit doesn't give a fuck no matter his position in the race.

Another fantastic race in 2016! All the races so far this year have been fantastic for various reasons, and wet weather was just what was needed to spice it up.

I sort of echo the thoughts of everyone else really so I won't blab for too long. Ricciardo, very unlucky of course. He would have been a good 10 seconds or so ahead had the stop gone to plan and probably would have won the race as he always was a match for Lewis, so unfortunate.

Perez probably my DOTD, very calm and collected, didn't make any mistakes and was on the pace of the top two despite it being a Force India at the end of the day, and on slightly slower tyres. Superb. It's such a shame he's dropped off the 'hot' list of drivers though, because he is a quality driver.

What Seb (forum Seb) said earlier was brilliant though about Rosberg, and I thought a similar thing when he let him through. To think Lewis finished nearly a whole lap ahead of him, just ridiculous, and he just had no speed at all today, in wet or dry conditions.

Also, a weekend to forget for Max. He hit the wall 3 times this weekend, two of them giving him terminal damage. It was such a shame as he pulled off some superb moves up until that point. Yes, I know he's young and he's gaining experience but I wonder whether the added pressure of being a race winner got to him slightly. But anyway, I'm sure he'll be back to his best in Montreal.

One final fun fact, Lewis continues his record of being the only driver on the grid to have won a race in every season he's competed in. That's now 10 in a row!

Hughesy said:
For this GP it's actually been pretty exciting, having the cars so close fighting made for a great race. All ofa sudden he has cut the gap to Nico, but still has less engine parts for the season.

Also Ron wasn't lieing, they have jumped Mercedes, well one anyway, and haha Rosberg lost another position at the end :joy:
Yeah judging by Channel 4's highlights it was a pretty decent race at least for Monaco.

Are we ignoring that Rosberg had brake problems, or is that all Mercedes PR?

MBKF1 said:
Another fantastic race in 2016! All the races so far this year have been fantastic for various reasons, and wet weather was just what was needed to spice it up.

I sort of echo the thoughts of everyone else really so I won't blab for too long. Ricciardo, very unlucky of course. He would have been a good 10 seconds or so ahead had the stop gone to plan and probably would have won the race as he always was a match for Lewis, so unfortunate.

Perez probably my DOTD, very calm and collected, didn't make any mistakes and was on the pace of the top two despite it being a Force India at the end of the day, and on slightly slower tyres. Superb. It's such a shame he's dropped off the 'hot' list of drivers though, because he is a quality driver.

What Seb (forum Seb) said earlier was brilliant though about Rosberg, and I thought a similar thing when he let him through. To think Lewis finished nearly a whole lap ahead of him, just ridiculous, and he just had no speed at all today, in wet or dry conditions.

Also, a weekend to forget for Max. He hit the wall 3 times this weekend, two of them giving him terminal damage. It was such a shame as he pulled off some superb moves up until that point. Yes, I know he's young and he's gaining experience but I wonder whether the added pressure of being a race winner got to him slightly. But anyway, I'm sure he'll be back to his best in Montreal.

One final fun fact, Lewis continues his record of being the only driver on the grid to have won a race in every season he's competed in. That's now 10 in a row!
Yeah I'm guessing Monaco's not exactly Max's favourite track he's not exactly had good luck there having crashed there last year as well. Hope he gets better luck next time because unlike his father he has potential to do well in F1 over  the next few years if he can keep his head down and work at it.

Really feel for Ricciardo. That's two wins now he's been robbed by the team as well as the lost podium he would have had in China if not for the puncture and the hit from Kvyat in Russia. He'd be right up there in the championship if not for all that.
I mean I'm glad Hamilton won being British and all but I would have preferred Ricciardo to win that one. He deserved it after being near perfect all weekend. For me he's been the strongest performer so far this year with little to show for it.

Great race. Another one this season. Finally Lewis gets his win a bit fortunate but he's needed after having the past four races he has had

Ricciardo should go to Mercedes really, if Rosberg leaves that is.

AMS97KRR said:
Ferrari and Red bull are starting to catch Mercedes now so i think a move to Ferrari next season for Ricciardo would be a brilliant move, thats if Raikkonen leaves tho.

Ferrari and Red bull are starting to catch Mercedes now so i think a move to Ferrari next season for Ricciardo would be a brilliant move, thats if Raikkonen leaves tho.
It would be great, but I am pretty sure, Raikkonen will stay in Ferrari for next season. This whol Raikkonen leaving thing just reminds me rumors about Massa leavin Ferrari between 2011 and 2013. Don't you think the same?

AMS97KRR said:
Ferrari is a sideways step for me, Mercedes will likely still be fastest next season, they can stop development earlier this year since they are guaranteed a title from one of their two drivers at this point. If I was Merc I'd go all out for Ricciardo, that would be the best team on the grid.

Ricciardo is better of at RB than Ferrari next year. Renault are finally getting their act together and next year's a blank canvas for aero design, which will play right in to their hands. Because they have Newey. 

Yeah I see no idea why Ricciardo would move to Ferrari. They look like they've got the upper hand ever so slightly right now and with the aero shake up next year, they should be more comfortably ahead.

I mean I'm glad Hamilton won being British and all
I'm British and all too (and I'm even from Hamilton), but I'd be quite happy if he never won another race!
I'm Irish I'd be quite happy if Hamilton was beaten with a club. And Rosberg. Both of them. In a pile.

Mexicola said:
I mean I'm glad Hamilton won being British and all
I'm British and all too (and I'm even from Hamilton), but I'd be quite happy if he never won another race!
I'm Irish I'd be quite happy if Hamilton was beaten with a club. And Rosberg. Both of them. In a pile.
Typical Irish person, wanting to see someone taking a beating ;) 

Nah, kneecapping is what we're into mostly here. Especially among the paramilitaries, of which there are plenty. Don't believe everything the government says, kids.

Mexicola said:
Nah, kneecapping is what we're into mostly here. Especially among the paramilitaries, of which there are plenty. Don't believe everything the government says, kids.
The weirdest thing for me is how the UK completely ignores Ireland. Like you'll be watching the weather forecast here, and they'll tell you all about Northern Ireland, Scotland, and England, but Ireland is blacked out and they're like "Wanna know the weather there? Fuck off over there and find out". It's disheartening. You guys are closer than France (totally guessing) yet we never hear anything about you.

Yea, derailing the thread.

No one cares about Ireland. Ireland doesn't care about Ireland. More than a 1/3 of students from NI leave to study either abroad or elsewhere in the UK while the 2/3 including myself spend the rest of our lives wishing we joined them and regretting putting too much faith in "our wee country".

Still, the Grand Prix was alright sure.

Mexicola said:
No one cares about Ireland. Ireland doesn't care about Ireland. More than a 1/3 of students from NI leave to study either abroad or elsewhere in the UK while the 2/3 including myself spend the rest of our lives wishing we joined them and regretting putting too much faith in "our wee country".

Still, the Grand Prix was alright sure.
Sure Cork is great banter though ! :D I'm surprised Red Bull didn't tell their pitcrew to bugger off to Torro Rosso and hire Franz Tost instead, and Dietrich Matcheszits as the front jackman (never liked the latter) :D Sorry btw I am late watching the race coz my replay decided not to record :/

This win puts a bow on Hamilton's career for sure. I was really happy to see him finally win Monaco at this teammate's expense to booth !!!!!