Sign in to follow this  

Introducing F1™ 2016

Looks really good, I think one of the best features will be the upgraded practice testing giving me a legitimate reason to go and put the laps in rather then doing a handful then skipping to qualifying. 

Hopefully by picking any team we can then be asked, "who will you be racing alongside" so that we can pick teammate too. It'd be nice to have the option of either Alonso or Button on a McLaren career mode for example.

Also funny that people have been screaming for news for months and when it does comes, "sounds like the same rehashed game me nothing new gg codies"

Will the AI change teams in-between seasons? Can drivers retire? 
I'm going to guess no, because of licensing...

F1.com "Further updates about the official F1 2016 game will be released in the coming weeks."

AI drivers can't swap teams because of licensing, I expect the same is the case for 'regen' drivers. Career mode will essentially start over, but teams will have different levels of upgrades which will change the level of competition. Which is still pretty awesome!

Honestly, this game looks very good. By the looks of it, they've done what we wanted them to do. Leave the stuff alone which worked in 2015, and plough 2016 full of the new features we've been expecting for a while!

It's going to be a big effort to produce something that it feels like has been in the pipeline for around 3 years now. F1 2014 and 2015, to me felt a little bit like filler games whilst we were waiting for something like this to come along. 

I really hope this is what we've been waiting for! A summer release is also good! Was wary it might have been a September release... Awful timing, for going back to uni etc!

I do hope the voice command stuff from 2015 will be in 2016, though considering the rules now, maybe not.

TomskiPl said:
Can we expect trailer or something today?
Guy, the trailer probably be like the Screenshots, is all beautiful, it gives to have a small idea of the real game. 
Always very fantasize the game. Little resemblance to reality, as F1 2015 seemed to be a completely new game, but it was not so.

Trailer?
Release date?

if they're going to bring in a replay editor/save system this is going to be the perfect F1 game for me

is there going to be any way for others to get on the closed beta @jennyannem, xMattyg said that could be a possibility for some people

FarukhAbd said:
is there going to be any way for others to get on the closed beta @jennyannem, xMattyg said that could be a possibility for some people
Go check the new announcement and blog post, there is a sign up page for the closed beta :) 

Super excited by all this! The article combined with what YouTubers are saying is soooo exciting.

I'm upset Kimi wasn't included on the cover, he is 2nd in the championship and could be his last season! Youve included bloody Perez and Grosjean for goodness sake!!

I'm upset Kimi wasn't included on the cover, he is 2nd in the championship and could be his last season! Youve included bloody Perez and Grosjean for goodness sake!!
Kimi has been the center car for 2 seasons in a row, still pretty cool

Reub09 said:
Welp, now I am hyped to play 2015 for some reason :D Anyone ??

indeed I'm in a bit of a moto rracing mood now first time in ages almost at theend of my current Dragon Age run anyway so I might pick up my F1 careers I have on the go and continue them once I'm done.

Really hoping that when you start a normal season off with a current driver you still have to do all the new stuff like the new practice sessions. Such a shame if not.

Reub09 said:

indeed I'm in a bit of a moto rracing mood now first time in ages almost at theend of my current Dragon Age run anyway so I might pracingick up my F1 careers I have on the go and continue them once I'm done.
Dragon age and Fallout are keeping me from my racing. Tragic, really.

Odemdemz said:
Reub09 said:

indeed I'm in a bit of a moto rracing mood now first time in ages almost at theend of my current Dragon Age run anyway so I might pracingick up my F1 careers I have on the go and continue them once I'm done.
More points for me tonight then Odemz xD

Odemdemz said:
Reub09 said:

Not so much for me DA is one of my favourite series but then that's why I love Bioware's games because they make gamesthat I feel that aer worth playing as I love the Mass Effect series as well.