Sign in to follow this  

Introducing F1™ 2016

farfallefred said:
No they did say something about it being released late July to early August. Seems a really long way away considering that the game is near enough complete, just need the community to make sure it's good enough and add in the 2016 liveries
Even ignoring the fact that making any changes to a large cross-platform software base is rarely as simple as "just" doing anything, there's probably a lead time of at least a couple of weeks just to get the discs burned and distributed in time for any given release date. So even if every beta tester told Codemasters by the end of this week to ship it because it's perfect, you probably still wouldn't get it until July, assuming they wouldn't release the digital download version before the shops had copies.

The discs could be ready now. We've seen the box art.

*Buys game at midnight on release date.
*Inserts disc.
"This game requires a 2.1 GB Update."
*OK.

Joethe155 said:
ffigueir said:
quite disappointed the game will probably be released in the middle of August. I was expecting July at the latest.
Yeah, I remember CM saying they were working towards releasing towards the beginning of the F1 season, it sucks all the EA sports games are released before the year even starts but F1 is the end of the year :/

Codemasters have never said that. They said earlier in the year.
No they did say something about it being released late July to early August. Seems a really long way away considering that the game is near enough complete, just need the community to make sure it's good enough and add in the 2016 liveries

Yes, they said earlier in the season. They did not say around the beginning. Sony F1 games would sometimes come out in Jule/July so it's reasonable to assume that June is the absolute earliest you could expect an F1 game to be out.

will someone on here f,,king ban me please,,ive had a f,,k full of fake promises on here,,,if i p,,s of the top people enuf,will they f,,king ban me,,,you have enuf people on here,you wont miss 1 person,,so please ban me i want no further part of it,,

TomskiPl said:
Will we get some new stuff about game in next week @jennyannem?

Around E3 I think we will given they'll be there and that's only in another week or so.

TomskiPl said:

Around E3 I think we will given they'll be there and that's only in another week or so.
Yeah hopefully, might get our first gameplay videos too but i doubt itll actually be any more info then they've released.

R4pp3r said:
TomskiPl said:

Yeah hopefully, might get our first gameplay videos too but i doubt itll actually be any more info then they've released.

yeah maybe/maybe not but I'll be keeping my eye on it because F1 2016 isn't the only game that's got my attention atm. As I'm looking to see if there'll be any moer info on the next Mass Effect game as well.

R4pp3r said:
TomskiPl said:

yeah maybe/maybe not but I'll be keeping my eye on it because F1 2016 isn't the only game that's got my attention atm. As I'm looking to see if there'll be any moer info on the next Mass Effect game as well.
Yeah for sure, loved all 3 mass effects so far, been ages since i played them will be exciting to see a next gen one. I think it'll be hard for c/m to really show off their new game, lets face it its basically going to be the same model that the Beta players are playing and they're running 2015 cars so all we'll see is like quick races and time trial at most, we won't see the career mode where most of the improvements have come.

R4pp3r said:
R4pp3r said:
TomskiPl said:

Yeah for sure, loved all 3 mass effects so far, been ages since i played them will be exciting to see a next gen one. I think it'll be hard for c/m to really show off their new game, lets face it its basically going to be the same model that the Beta players are playing and they're running 2015 cars so all we'll see is like quick races and time trial at most, we won't see the career mode where most of the improvements have come.
yeah we'll unlikely see any of that yet but hopefully CM will drop more info on the career mode there is alwasys a chance also will be interesting to see what else they've done to improve 2016

R4pp3r said:
R4pp3r said:
TomskiPl said:

yeah we'll unlikely see any of that yet but hopefully CM will drop more info on the career mode there is alwasys a chance also will be interesting to see what else they've done to improve 2016
Very true theyve had a lot of time and yeah okay theyve added what seems like a lot but most of the stuff was there just reworked and improved massively so what brand new things have they added to the game

It will be cool today if we can get some additional details revealed about some of the new features the game - screen resolutions please! 

just let us know lol when the game is out its torture getting like looking forward to xmas but no date  pls pls pls let us know  

miket24 said:
just let us know lol when the game is out its torture getting like looking forward to xmas but no date  pls pls pls let us know  

They'l have a better idea of when they can release the game once they've gone through the Beta feedback. It's likely we'll see it in August but it hasn't been 100% confirmed yet. TBH however it's probably a good thing they haven't confirmed it as I wouldn't want them rushing it and messing up

hendrixX said:
I'm playing f1 2015 no longer cause its boring, just bring up f1 2016
The same goes for me. :(
OMG kids stop crying, be patiend and just wait for it
Where are the kids?  :D
Waiting for Christmas but they have no date, that's why they're crying ...

Reub09 said:
hendrixX said:
I'm playing f1 2015 no longer cause its boring, just bring up f1 2016
The same goes for me. :(
OMG kids stop crying, be patiend and just wait for it
Where are the kids?  :D
Waiting for Christmas but they have no date, that's why they're crying ...
Well last I checked Christmas was 25th December so there there's a date for you. :p

Can someone explain this "F1 2016’s new career mode spans 10 seasons and will take you deeper into the world’s most glamorous, exciting and prestigious motorsport...." When we say 10 seasons, are we saying the game takes us all to way back to the 2007 season to present? Now that would be rad indeed !

I would imagine it'll be 2016's tracks 10 times in a sense much like the earlier games  because that would mean CM would likely have to license the extra tracks  that aren't on the calendar anymore if they were to do more. Granted it would be nice but I think career mod essentially means racing the 2016 calendar 10 times. Just upgrading your car and abilities and such t osuit your style as you go. You will have the option to move from one team to another at various points for a new challenge and such. But again you get to pick and choose. The only thing you have full control over at the start of career is your race number and your starting team. After that it's just a case of seeing if you can impress people and convince them that you want to race for them then that's up to you to decide.

I recommend you try playing one of the 2010-2014 games then you'll get an idea of what career mode is all about. I would suggest going and trying F1 2010 as it sounds like it's going to be more like that one than the one on the slightly newer games.

Why would it be 10 of the same season, and since this is a new platform game, why can't it be 10 seasons starting with 2007 ? If this is the case we should see some amazing circuits introduced to the game.  that would give us tracks like:

Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Circuit de Nevers
Istanbul Park
Fuji Speedway 
Valencia Street Circuit 
Korea International Circuit
Buddh International Circuit
Baku City Circuit

I add Nurburgring to it  

@Webtel1992 - the way I envision it is that you go back 10 seasons using the original drivers and circuits and timings and cars (this will give the game a nice classic feel) with a gradual progression from 2007 to current F1 year 2016. There is really not that much of a difference in circuits across those years, just the ones I have mentioned and all the others are constant. Instead of playing around each year with the same code base, let's add some rolling history to the game that will be greatly appreciated and add some panache to it that will be a great marketing point as well.  Recall, this is still a GAME where the presentation of it can still run a bit wild on the imagination but can be brough to live with the artful hands of Codemasters developers while adhering to the F1 motif - this is something to really think about Codies! Once that 10 year history is in place, you simply keep rolling it forward each year to be inclusive always of the current year.  A price increase can be warranted too!