Sign in to follow this  

Assists On or Off?

So what is everyone using? I started off with all assists off but have since started using ABS and TC as I just find it more enjoyable taking corners without locking my brakes all the time :D

Bizarrely, I find it easier to drive in this game with the assists off. Unlike GRID1 which is definitely easier with the assists on.

Assists off for me, I find it's easier to set faster times with them off. Having ABS off also helps me with trail braking, such as that corner in Sepang that leads on to the second to last straight.

I use the ABS only, I turned it off once and locked up the Nissan Touring Car at Algarve and I think the car would still be sliding if I had not pushed flashback. So that was it for me. I know a few things to keep from spinning around too much. 

ABS for me is a must have.. why would any modern race car turn it off anyways..

Traction controll is another thing.. im trying to work my way into turning it off but im just not there. Im struggling between spinning out for accelerating too fast and accelerating so slow im getting overtaken by anyone.. cant find the sweetspot.

All off, I started with just abs only then tried without any at all and it feels good to me, I love the way my front inside wheel locks up when diving into corners.
I do have Fanatec CSR Elite load cell pedals though and have found a sweet spot which works well with GAS.

ABS Only, all other assists make me geting slower laps and feel something is wrong.
Handling is pretty good with everything off but ABS, just dont push too much on gas in corners and you'll enjoy the game even better.
But for old cars and Muscle Cars of 70's i'll turn off ABS too, it just make no sence to have it On if it was not in the real cars at that time.

That's a feature it would be nice to see in the future: Realistic options set by default for eache cars.
You buy a 1965 car: All off, you add if you cant drive without...
You buy a 2014 car, what is supposed to be ON is there, other is not, then you mod based on your taste.
But this game is about having fun, this kind of options should be seen in 'Games that pretend to be ''Simulators''

Loggy said:
All off, I started with just abs only then tried without any at all and it feels good to me, I love the way my front inside wheel locks up when diving into corners.
I do have Fanatec CSR Elite load cell pedals though and have found a sweet spot which works well with GAS.
So do you think turning ABS off gives you the edge? @sucr4m So is TC the reason why I sometimes have really low acceleration on some of my corner exits?

Off. If you're using anything other than a keyboard, there's no reason to be using ABS and Traction Control. It's really not that hard to keep yourself from locking the brakes up even on a controller.

Loggy said:
So do you think turning ABS off gives you the edge? @sucr4m So is TC the reason why I sometimes have really low acceleration on some of my corner exits?
I dont know if it gives an edge but it sure feels more like driving on the edge which I like.

Too many girls.

Assists off. Only way to enjoy driving

@sucr4m So is TC the reason why I sometimes have really low acceleration on some of my corner exits?
Actually if you master it i think you will always be faster. But ye it can be the reason if you either gave too much gas and started sliding, which makes you lose tons of speed in this game. Or if you are too carefull and dont give enough gas or just too late.

Let people choose assists like tc and abs but not things corner lines and steer assist. To me the latter feels like a cheat and tc and abs are up to you. A skilled driver will always be better with tc off I reckon

I mostly do abs on tc off. But for certain cars sometimes have on tc. Don't use any other aids. You just need to really smooth on this game

I've turned off TC for now and all good so far. But I'll be keeping ABS on for now as I'm finding the game challenging enough with ABS on as you still have to approach every corner correctly as ABS doesn't help too much if you approach the corner the wrong way.

Still lots of girls with ABS. Anyone using racing line too?, lol what a shame.

Just turn them all off people. You can't even imagine how much better the driving is. You all s*** to the infinity and beyond

Anyway..... I only use ABS. I started the game with all off except ABS to teach myself what I can and can't do in the game. I did try to turn ABS off at one point, but I would either lock 'em up, or not slow down enough. I could never find that sweet spot. Plus, I do a lot of trail braking, and I feel like it ruins my approach into corners.

i have more control over the vehicle with assists off, gives me confidence to push the car faster... and the top 1% on racenet challenges show just what a little confidence and skill can do for a driver who knows how to use it!

It's funny online when you see people using Traction Control. At the start of the race they look like stand still at the start.

Just ABS and TC for me at the moment, as with Forza I like to get a real grip with the racing before slowly switching them off, ask me in a week and I imagine I'll be an "assists off" person....