Sign in to follow this  

What was your favourite F1 car?

I am a very modern guy, but I love the McLaren MP4/4. The most dominant car in history, the greatest pair of drivers ever and just the spirit of it, that's what makes it the clear favourite for me. But if I had to choose from moderns, then I'll go for the McLaren MP4-30, just because it's best engine ever :)

Mine was the Ferrari F2002 driven by Barichello and Schumacher as it sounded awesome and back in that era they were as quick as anything. I have to say that the 1988 mclaren MP4/4 was fantastic too

I have 2 really and they're both Williams don't remember rthe number bu the cars that took Mansell and Hill to championship glory. One of the few things I like about F1 2013 classic edition was being able to drive those cars for myself in that game.

1989 McLaren MP4/5, I think this is the most elegant and beautiful Formula 1 car ever, just gorgeous from every angle. I bought a little 1:43 scale model of it last year too.

SF15-T :P I know its relatively new but I quite like the nose and I only started watching a few years ago (maybe 2012) I also like the W05 it looks quite sleek and like a car a world champion outfit would make ! :)

I'd go for the Ferrari F2001. It was a beauty, especially with that low nose and it was the last Ferrari of the Schumacher-era before Vodafone becoming one of their main sponsors which lead to the cars having way too much white on them.

Mclaren MP4-20 or Red Bull RB6. Both designed by Adrian Newey, however two different eras. MP4-20 because of its raw speed, unfortunate that its engine kept blowing up. Kimi could have won 10 races that year along with the WDC and WCC. RB6 because of its ridiculous downforce levels and Vettel's first championship winning car. Ferrari F2004 was great as well and, well, Mclaren MP4-4 was just OP for its era but how much of it was down to the 2 best drivers at the time?

None of them compare to the Ferrari F 14 T, however. I mean just look at that nose. Adrian who?

lol

I guess but in my opinion I don't really like the look of the F14t and it was a crap car performance wise I agree with the rest though

I also really disliked F14t, especially as I'm a fan of  Ferrari and love their cars. I know I said about McLarens, but even if I'm a Ferrari fan, I just love the MP4/4. Ferraris are one part and other cars, as McLarens, Red Bulls (the RB9 was really cool) and Mercedes are just my respect to these constructors.

2009 was a great season with JB winning Seb second and Rubens third the Brawn looked good and for half the season was a mile ahead of everyone else.

Gorgeous. A really weird observation and thought, but what happened to those concave noses of 2010 / 2011? I mean where the number 8 is on that Ferrari, the nose goes shallow for a bit.

Used to love those noses. The Red Bull had it too.

Ferrari F-2004. I love that car with the V10 sound. Its just amazing. I also really like the Ferrari SF15-T and SF16-H.

MBKF1 said:
Gorgeous. A really weird observation and thought, but what happened to those concave noses of 2010 / 2011? I mean where the number 8 is on that Ferrari, the nose goes shallow for a bit.

Used to love those noses. The Red Bull had it too.
So did Sauber around 2013 :)

I can mention also Force India VJM08B spec and VJM09. These are also cool, because, thanks to them and the pair of two good drivers, they can achieve podium.

Yea cars like that are cool not at the front but every now and then they get the odd podium just like Perez at Belgium 2015, Russia 2015 and Monaco 2016.

Mine has got to be the Toro Rosso STR3. A bit of a weird choice, but I love that era of car. The aero looked like a spaceship and I really liked the livery.

Never really a fan of toro rosso but the STR3 was special for me I'm a huge Vettel fan ( which you can probably see from my picture) so him getting his first win at Monza  that year in that car was good. Also because he drove for Torro Rosso I guess I was kinda supporting them so yea. Also the aero was pretty cool. Loved 2007-8 era cars.