Sign in to follow this  

What was your favourite F1 car?

McLaren MP4-20. Don't know what it was about it but that car was just awesome to me. Very pretty, very fast, and obviously very loud too because it had a V10 in the back. It also liked to explode every 4 or 5 laps. That's what cost it the championship in the end but to me it gave the car an extra sense of excitement. 

Honorable mentions:
Red Bull RB6 - by many accounts, including Newey himself, the car with the most downforce in the history of F1
Ferrari 641 - just one of the most beautiful F1 cars ever
Mclaren MP4/4 - obvious reasons

Yea cars like that are cool not at the front but every now and then they get the odd podium just like Perez at Belgium 2015, Russia 2015 and Monaco 2016.
Well, Perez wasn't on podium in Spa last year. It was Grosjean after Vettel's tyre blew up. Perez had decent quali that race though.
What do tou think about the new aero for 2017?

Well the car looks good but the halo which has now been confirmed doesn't look too great and personally I think it's not needed as it was the FIAs poor decisions that led to the death of Jules Bianchi. They should have just red flagged the race. 

R.I.P JULES

I'm a massive Ferrari fan so I really like the new SF16H car for 2016. Really like the sorta classic 70s Niki Lauda paint livery with the white at the top

Yeah, I also like the SF16H, but I don't think it's better than SF15T. And just every single Ferrari F1 car ever made.

Yeah, I also like the SF16H, but I don't think it's better than SF15T. And just every single Ferrari F1 car ever made.
Even the F14 T? The damn thing looks like a freaking vacuum cleaner, and handles about as well as one.

I just like the look of the car and livery the performance is disappointing as in testing everyone was saying Ferrari might better Mercedes and look were we are in terms of performance behind RBR who are supposed to be doin badlyWHAT IS THIS lol

Even the F14 T? The damn thing looks like a freaking vacuum cleaner, and handles about as well as one.
No, that's the exception. I wrote earlier, that I didn't like this car. I looked terribly and was slow. I should've said, I like most of their F1 cars.

No, that's the exception. I wrote earlier, that I didn't like this car. I looked terribly and was slow. I should've said, I like most of their F1 cars.
But there's also the F2012, of course. With a front looking like an American just sat on it, like most 2012 cars.

But there's also the F2012, of course. With a front looking like an American just sat on it, like most 2012 cars.
Tell you what though, I don't think anybody, American or not, would have wanted to sit on some of 2014's car noses...

Tell you what though, I don't think anybody, American or not, would have wanted to sit on some of 2014's car noses...
I think Robert Doornbos might think otherwise!

Obviously....

What a car.... Or the 2007 Honda....

In all seriousness though: Most of the Mclaren's between 1997 and 2013. Personal favourites being the 2005 and 2010 cars. The Late 80's/Early 90's Ferrari's and the 1998-2001 Jordan's.

Last one I'll post for now, the Renault R26. Always loved the livery and colours Renault went with in the early to mid 2000's.

yeah I've got the model of one of those in my bathroom. It's definitely on of my favourite colour schemes. One of the things I like about the sauber now is that it looks similar with it's current sponsors.

The Williams FW20.

Williams FW16.

Livery-wise, no other can touch the '98 Winfield and the Rothmans-livery.

Very good answers I like all of them (well almost all of them @target99 lol). FW16 is good but ashame Senna died in it. All of the Roth and Williams were cool especially the later ones I liked the look of them more. 

If we can talk about livery and, especially, one off liveries, I really liked the RB1 Star Wars livery in Monaco 2005. And the pit crew dressed as clones. It was funny thing and I really like the unconventional liveries. On the other hand, I just love this years RBR livery. It's very refreshing compared to last few years. I don't know how, but when I saw it first time, I didn't like it, but when I was looking at it more and more, it became my favourite this year. What do you think?

Lotus 49 in Team Lotus colours:

Open wheel race car perfection!

It's hard to come up with a definite favourite, but they all come from the 1995 season which in my opinion were the best ever Formula 1 cars. It's a toss between:
Minardi M195

Jordan 195

Then we have the Ferrari 412 T2, which the glorious sounding V12 engine.

And as an honourable mention, the Lotus 49C, as I love this era of Grand Prix racing.