Sign in to follow this  

My fault?

Racing this morning online on Xbox. It was the last lap in Super Utes at Autosport Raceway. On the last corner of the race. It is the long banked sweeper to the finish. I am in 4th & right on 3rd. I get inside off the slow 180 degree corner. I am going to beat the guy fair & square because I got around the corner better. 

This is where I am having trouble understanding. This person starts to block me and force me low. I start slowing because of the contact and of course he keeps pushing. I am pushing back just to stay on the track! So then pretty much the guy puts a PIT maneuver on himself. I never lift and just cut left to spin him the rest of the way. So I can keep going. Of course I get the message of swearing: F'ING TW*T!!!! 
My response "You were blocking me". 

I have been racing for a long time in the real world and the cyber world. And I have no clue how this could be my fault. Is it?

I hate this too. Too many people want to slam you going down the straight then push you off the track in the corners, or use your rear bumper as brake in slow corners. 

He was trying to push you off the track/against the wall/into the pit barriers? If so then yes, his fault.

There's a line to draw between being aggressive and being dirty. I had a race earlier where the leader was quite aggressive, but wasn't deliberately running me off the track. He gave me the bare minimum to remain on the road and pushed me as close to the inside of Brands Hatch's grid stretch as he could without me going across the line into the pit wall. It didn't seem to me that he was trying to wreck me so I let it slide.

However, if he'd won by wrecking me against the wall I would have had something to say. People need to learn when they step the line since collisions online are usually quite forgiving and banging doors is considered fairly normal now.

He was trying to push you off the track/against the wall/into the pit barriers? If so then yes, his fault.

There's a line to draw between being aggressive and being dirty. I had a race earlier where the leader was quite aggressive, but wasn't deliberately running me off the track. He gave me the bare minimum to remain on the road and pushed me as close to the inside of Brands Hatch's grid stretch as he could without me going across the line into the pit wall. It didn't seem to me that he was trying to wreck me so I let it slide.

However, if he'd won by wrecking me against the wall I would have had something to say. People need to learn when they step the line since collisions online are usually quite forgiving and banging doors is considered fairly normal now.
I was on the far inside towards the apron of the track. I could not go any further with out going to the grass. He was a full lane to lane and a half away from me. He came down the track to hit me. That is when he hit me. It was not like you had to lift off the gas to make the turn. I probably could have lifted or slammed on the brakes and he would have slid into the grass. I would have prolly still got cussed for being smarter than him.

I never turned left until I had to get around him. I do not think he has played too many racing games. 

The only people I've seen doing that are people who regularly race dirty every race and see no problem with using other cars as brakes for turns. With the blocking and trying to force you into the wall, he is trying to get YOU to make contact so that YOUR impact rating goes down instead of his.

if your not as fast you block or some go dirty, hit or miss sadly, senna says block lol

da24 said:
if your not as fast you block or some go dirty, hit or miss sadly, senna says block lol
Senna may say block them, but Earnhardt would say spin them if they are blocking you.

There are too many Players who can't lose or accept that others are faster. Too many Crash Kids too. It's a matter of discipline, honour and skill. These attributes don't count anymore. If a Crash happens (can happen), an excuse is the correct behaviour.

I just got votekicked from a lobby because I kept winning all the races.

Myeah. Some kids need to grow up. O_o

the only solution i have is to host a lobby, have it show as closed, and ONLY invite players i drive with regularly, and know arent going to intentionally wreck me. yeah we all misjudge some braking zones, contact happens, but we keep it clean. i only have issues with contact in public lobbies, and not naing names, just saying most of the drivers that hit me are adults, from the countries america, austrlia, and france. crash kids cant keep up, and most of the rest just keep it clean and try to pass for position, rather then block excessively. and yes, that is an offer to anyone who drives clean on xbox 360, once my gamesave is restored to "noncorrupted", ill be back to hosting CLEAN lobbies. if someone is lagging so much the ais go insane, or crashing drivers (or ais) out of the way, they get the boot. keep it clean and keep it fast, thats the idea in racing, and it shouldnt be any different in a racing game!

There are too many Players who can't lose or accept that others are faster. Too many Crash Kids too. It's a matter of discipline, honour and skill. These attributes don't count anymore. If a Crash happens (can happen), an excuse is the correct behaviour.
Agree but without text chat it is impossible to make a excuse for some and maybe most.
I am on pc and I refuse to use the ingame voice chat so I am unable if I make a mistake and take someone with me to appoligise for it.
All I can do if i got advantage from it on them ia letting them infront of me again.
Which already should say I'm sorry i guess.  :D

TBF it isn't exactly good for one person to win all the time. It may be difficult for you to move on and find a competition more suited to your talents, but maybe they are mates and made that decision for you.

Also, is it possible that the money/repair situation is making groups team together more for common interest, and kick out people who are grabbing all the cash ?

dirt3joe said:

TBF it isn't exactly good for one person to win all the time. It may be difficult for you to move on and find a competition more suited to your talents, but maybe they are mates and made that decision for you.

Also, is it possible that the money/repair situation is making groups team together more for common interest, and kick out people who are grabbing all the cash ?
Which is ironic because I wasn't exactly running away with them and every 3rd or 4th race someone else would pip me. It's still rude to votekick someone just because they're winning the majority of races.

And it probably corrupted my savefile too, so now I can't play at all. :I

And it was a 'general' playlist.

dirt3joe said:

Which is ironic because I wasn't exactly running away with them and every 3rd or 4th race someone else would pip me. It's still rude to votekick someone just because they're winning the majority of races.

And it probably corrupted my savefile too, so now I can't play at all. :I
Sorry to hear about that. About to get back from work so I can start racing...

Re the votekicks, democracy in action really. I haven't really played racers on line much but been kicked out of Sniper Elite v2 a few times for no reason I could ever figure out. Just best to move on to a place where you are more appreciated. I haven't looked too closely at how the racenet works, but I guess you can make the lobby private. If so kicking someone is strange, as why don't you make the race private, unless you are just looking for a few slow racers to help you harvest game money, if that is the way it works.

It is also baffling to me how blockers, wreckers, & overall bad players cannot find the flashback button.

Also blockers think that if they can hold you back nobody else behind you will catch up to the both of you. Then the blocker that could have settled for let's say 4th ends up finishing 9th because they do not understand that just accepting someone is faster than you and you let them go you will more than likely not lose too many more spots. I guess just because you play a racing game does not mean you know anything about racing.

Agree but without text chat it is impossible to make a excuse for some and maybe most.
I am on pc and I refuse to use the ingame voice chat so I am unable if I make a mistake and take someone with me to appoligise for it.
All I can do if i got advantage from it on them ia letting them infront of me again.
Which already should say I'm sorry i guess.  :D

When I play, I mostly care about getting the fastest lap. If I see someone closing up, I let them pass. Like that I can focus on improving & see which sector I am slower than my opponent by running safely from far back.

Blocking your opponent inside make you spin out due to the latency difference, especially if he corner faster. It's his fault & too bad for him. If you mess up, don't try to recover by blocking from the inside that's exactly what will happen.

dirt3joe said:

But you only get 1,000 less for second (you get 1K for every opponent you beat......I think). Mathematically speaking, unless someone else replaces the player who was kicked, your payout for winning will be the same. I've had instances where I would come into a room and the fastest racer has the most points and just runs away with every race, but if i can secure second or third, I'm happy. I've also been that guy on pole running away with races, so it becomes a double edged sword. But, that's a bit different. Anyway, if you're concerned about actual numbers, like wins and podiums, then I guess it's another story. It's still an annoyance when it happens, but what can you do?

TUSMBOX said:
dirt3joe said:

But you only get 1,000 less for second (you get 1K for every opponent you beat......I think). Mathematically speaking, unless someone else replaces the player who was kicked, your payout for winning will be the same. I've had instances where I would come into a room and the fastest racer has the most points and just runs away with every race, but if i can secure second or third, I'm happy. I've also been that guy on pole running away with races, so it becomes a double edged sword. But, that's a bit different. Anyway, if you're concerned about actual numbers, like wins and podiums, then I guess it's another story. It's still an annoyance when it happens, but what can you do?

my solution to being "kicked for winning" is host lobbys, and adjust the setting such that people can get an edge. if someone feels they would do better in a different class, ill switch the class. dont like a track? unless its mount panorama, ill change it. if im just running away with races in a class, i would remove upgrades and set tuning to standard, so that other drivers could have at LEAST the same vehicles i have. its all about fun, and if that means i need to slow myself down to help make the game fun for others in lobbies i host, i am more then willing to make the adjustment, at least until the slow boys start picking up the pace!