Sign in to follow this  

The EU Referendum

So the poorer sections of England voted leave, making them poorer, nice work!

Turkeys do vote for Christmas...

Not much to be optimistic about really. Like I said, Northern Ireland is totally screwed. Sinn Fein are already pushing for a border poll, and the consequences of that alone are monumental. If one is called, half the population are going to be very upset. Considering the tension between the Republican and Loyalist communities that still sticks like fly to fecal matter, I'm not joking when I say blood will be spilled again. And it'll be far worse than the Troubles of the past, I'm talking about full blown civil war.

I hear Finland's nice this time of year.

Oh, and any "lexiters" hanging about, you're a bunch of naive morons. Handing the UK to the far-right on a plate is not how you achieve communism. Yeah, I know a few of them. Same goes to the Irish Republicans who voted out in order to achieve a United Ireland, I know some of them too.

So much unknown about the future just makes this scary. Even things like worker rights (working hours, mandatory holiday) which were protected by the EU are now at risk. I need to join the union when I get back to work from my week off.

https://twitter.com/kidd_kong78/status/746215781994618881

You can't make that **** up.
I keep seeing this on facebook and it's a total lie.. Farage never said 350 million would be spent on the NHS. That was the leave campaign (Johnson & Gove), which he was not part of, he refused several times to use that figure of 350 million a week.

Two and the same thing in my view, the two leave campaigns shared much of the same lies to leave, separating them now is pointless.

Well unless you want UKIP to lead the UK

Into the dark ages.

You lot need to cheer up, it's not the end of the world...... 

https://vine.co/v/eUgLVuTOBd3

Platy said:
So much unknown about the future just makes this scary. Even things like worker rights (working hours, mandatory holiday) which were protected by the EU are now at risk. I need to join the union when I get back to work from my week off.
Incredibly, some unions were pro-Leave too... so check first!

I find it ridiculous that we are actually leaving based on a 51.9 - 49.1 split. 

I've said it for a while now, it should be at least 65% to leave.

Congratulations on tearing the United Kingdom a part though, guys. I hope it was worth it.

Platy said:
Incredibly, some unions were pro-Leave too... so check first!
Thanks, just checked on Google and it appears mine were pro-Remain. I'll check more when I return to work in a week.

AMS97KRR said:

Congratulations on tearing the United Kingdom a part though, guys. I hope it was worth it.
So you don't like democracy then?

AMS97KRR said:

Bravo, bravo *slow hand clap*

If only it were that simple.

KK78 said:
AMS97KRR said:

Bravo, bravo *slow hand clap*

If only it were that simple.
Basing this argument purely on the fact that AMS thinks it should have been over 65% for Leave, that is undemocratic, and that is simple. Why should one side be favoured over the other? Even if it had been 50.1% to one side or the other, I'd expect it to be adhered to.

That's all I wanted to say, I don't wanna get dragged into a a debate as to which side should have won or any of that. The vote is over and I'm bloody glad I don't have to listen to the campaigning from either side any more!

I see a lot of you people have been scared by the b*llsh*t spewed out from the remain campaign. Short term wise, yes okay it is not amazing, but for the long term, leaving is the best solution. And now that c*ck David Cameron will be going, surely that's a good thing as well.

Basing this argument purely on the fact that AMS thinks it should have been over 65% for Leave, that is undemocratic, and that is simple. Why should one side be favoured over the other? Even if it had been 50.1% to one side or the other, I'd expect it to be adhered to.

That's all I wanted to say, I don't wanna get dragged into a a debate as to which side should have won or any of that. The vote is over and I'm bloody glad I don't have to listen to the campaigning from either side any more!
I strongly disagree. The way any other fair referendum would work is if the the option that enacts change such as this requires a substantial enough majority. I'd hardly call a 51.9% vote a substantial enough majority. 60% at the very least.

Still, massively surprised Leave has won anyway. Thought the working class of the UK was smart enough to realise that now there is nothing to hold the far-right back from destroying this country further.

Mexicola said:

I strongly disagree. The way any other fair referendum would work is if the the option that enacts change such as this requires a substantial enough majority. I'd hardly call a 51.9% vote a substantial enough majority. 60% at the very least.

Still, massively surprised Leave has won anyway. Thought the working class of the UK was smart enough to realise that now there is nothing to hold the far-right back from destroying this country further.
But that just isn't a fair vote at all. It'd be like me saying to you, lets toss a coin over something, and then if your side came up as the winner, me then saying "oh wait no, it's gonna be best of 3". You wouldn't be happy about that, and it would make me a cheat. That's how I see anything that favours one side or the other in a vote like this.

There was 2 choices, 50/50 split, fair vote. If there'd been 3 or more choices I'd go with majority win, that'd be fine. But not when it's one or the other.

I'm very tempted to vote for UKIP in the next general election, they have been labelled as racists, etc., from the media. Yet they aren't racist (of course some members are going to be) and they have valid policies, mainly the ones to reduce immigration which needs to be lowered dramatically. And just to clear up I am not bothered by small amounts of people coming in UK to work, it is just too many people are coming in and it is putting too much strain on the NHS and schools. I'm only 16 so I can vote in the next general election. I'm just so happy that David 'the pr*ck' Cameron is stepping down, I just don't want that ponce Boris Johnson to become PM, anyone but him!!!

AMS97KRR said:

This is a massive change, one that is going to determine the next few hundreds years of this country and 49% of this country doesn't want it to happen. 51% is not enough to say that the British people, as a whole, want change. The majority is far too small. 

Despite this though, give or take half the population of Britain is now either forced to leave the country, suffer with the rest, or vote to leave the UK (if you're Scotland or N.I). It isn't good, especially when you look at the number of voters over the age of 70, like my grandparents, who are voting out because "I remember a time before the EU and it was great back in the day" - Voting out for a legit reason is one thing, but voting out because you wear rose tinted glasses isn't. In 15 years from now, they wont even have to worry about it anymore. But I will, and so will the 75% of young people who voted out. 

I see a lot of you people have been scared by the b*llsh*t spewed out from the remain campaign. Short term wise, yes okay it is not amazing, but for the long term, leaving is the best solution. And now that c*ck David Cameron will be going, surely that's a good thing as well.
Any other day of the year Cameron leaving is a good thing. Just not today. It means that Boris fucking Johnson is most likely going to be the next PM, a much worse option than Cameron. If it's not Johnson then it might be Theresa May who hates that we have privacy, I'm scaring myself just thinking of her in power actually.

Given that almost every financial expert has said that leaving the EU is not good long-term, I don't think anyone has been "scared by the bullshit spewed out from the Remain campaign". Unless you agree with Gove and think that we shouldn't listen to experts.

Have no fear, Boris is here 

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/746321878776700929?s=09

Platy said:
Any other day of the year Cameron leaving is a good thing. Just not today. It means that Boris **** Johnson is most likely going to be the next PM, a much worse option than Cameron. If it's not Johnson then it might be Theresa May who hates that we have privacy, I'm scaring myself just thinking of her in power actually.

Given that almost every financial expert has said that leaving the EU is not good long-term, I don't think anyone has been "scared by the bullshit spewed out from the Remain campaign". Unless you agree with Gove and think that we shouldn't listen to experts.
I can't stand Boris Johnson. Makes himself look like a pleb all of the time. How can he be a prime minister, the ******* ponce!!!  :D