Jump to content Jump to content

The EU Referendum

f1since08

I see there are a lot of pissed of people that are blind to see the remain campaign wasn't as good, lol. Quite simply the whole of the stay campaign was utter bullsh*it. Obviously not all of the leave campaign was true, but it wasn't as bad as the stay campaign. Why should we be controlled by the EU. The FTSE 100 index has already gone back up and is higher now than what is was in march and way higher now than what it was a week and a half ago. The economy isn't screwed at all, so stop being so gullible.
Why should we be controlled by the EU. 
What terrible things have the EU been making the UK government do that they didn't want to? Very little I suspect, as will likely become readily apparent soon enough.
Well the EU may influence up to 2 thirds of the UK laws and it is certain  that they influence at least 13% of the laws, they influence laws on country borders. The EU limits our border control as well (heavily influences the laws). Yet they don't seem to care that Scotland allows everyone in the EU to go to uni for free other than England, Wales and Northen Ireland, how is that fair, the EU does nothing about this and it is pathetic. 
So, any kind of influence is automatically a negative one?

Btw, as an EU-citizen I can't agree with your statement that everything's BS. The EU has many flaws, but pussying out of it instead of working together to fix it is a coward's answer. And when it comes to what you brought up about Scotland, how exactly do you think this is going to change for the better now after the Brexit?
Hughesy said:
This guy on the TV just called everyone that voted leave stupid, I'm sorry but I cant take a guy wearing pink lipstick seriously :joy:

You gotta give him credit though, he might have just kissed an amazing young lady with slightly too much  pink lipstick. ;)
Hughesy said:
This guy on the TV just called everyone that voted leave stupid, I'm sorry but I cant take a guy wearing pink lipstick seriously :joy:

You gotta give him credit though, he might have just kissed an amazing young lady with slightly too much  pink lipstick. ;)
But that doesn't explain why it also looks like he's wearing eye shadow :p
Why should we be controlled by the EU. 
What terrible things have the EU been making the UK government do that they didn't want to? Very little I suspect, as will likely become readily apparent soon enough.
Well the EU may influence up to 2 thirds of the UK laws and it is certain  that they influence at least 13% of the laws, they influence laws on country borders. And everythings bullsh*t in the EU. Scotland allows everyone in the EU to go to uni for free other than England, Wales and Northen Ireland, how is that fair, the EU does nothing about this and it is pathetic. The EU limits our border control as well.
2/3 of laws then suddenly 13%!!! Scotland has devolved powers hence it can create it's own rules in certain areas, leaving does not change this. You'll see the amount of jobs lost, social benefits, subsidies for industry, preferential trade deals, cross country movement and potential decline in the sharing of security information in the years to come or is a right wing government suddenly going to buck the trends of history by spreading the wealth.

Let's see in a few years how much of a burden the EU was and also how much your blessed immigration has fallen. Most 'costly' migrants come from outside of the EU, thus not a result of been in the EU but I guess the leave crowd are gonna build a big fence yeah? 
Btw:

Well in fairness, young people are stupid lol. I've been saying for a long time voting age should be 30+ time for people to actually learn about whats going on and not vote off talking points. 
That's a funny comment when I've seen a lot of older people vote leave because of the immigration and all the foreigners fucking things up and shit. Whoever said that wisdom comes with age was a lying old sack of shit.
Mexicola said:
But that doesn't explain why it also looks like he's wearing eye shadow :p
That's funny, because I remember you posting pictures of you playing guitar in a band and I swear you were covered in the stuff, gonna try and search for them now :p
Got me a fair bit of goth girl fajita at least ;)

Least I knew well enough not to wear pink lipstick. And I'm not a Ron Weasley look-a-like heh.
@Hughesy Say hello to my ex Mel :p

She happens to be a model these days!

Being in a band is an awesome way to get chicks who are normally out of your league lol. She had an awful laugh though, super grating to the point that it was lucky goths are supposed to be moody.

fIsince08 said:
Immigration was not the cause of the NHS or education system problems. The disastrous management of them by the Tories is. Tackling tax evasion and avoidance would have provided more than enough cash for the NHS but they won't do that because it'll affect their offshore accounts and their big business buddies bank balances. I also believe that the education system crisis has been ignored consistently by past governments of both "left" and right.

Sounds like the UK has become properly 'Murican-ized.  :)

If Trump doesn't become the next US president, maybe he'll have better luck in the UK.  :)

I find it extremely pathetic the remain campaign are making a attempt to have a second referendum. You should count yourself unlucky not every countries around the world have a democracy such as Britians. If the result went the other way you tell the leave complainers to go to hell.

So what's the difference that petition that's currently going on proving nothing more than a bunch of undemocratic young whingers who didn't get their own way because of a low turnout. People have died to protect for what we have today too stop the kind of foolishness and undemocratic lengths people will go too just to soothe their own agenda.

Since the uk is out of the EU what's going to change nothing actually depending on the situation, the UK will have to join the EFTA to rejoin the single market britain is still part of NATO so no changes will happen there. To rejoin the single market you will have to accept all the EU rules we had before this referendum so voting leave actually made little sense unless they find a better bargaining chip at Brussels. The only thing that will change is the powers from Brussels  which is now in UK hands until the UK join the EFTA and renegotiate a better deal.

Whatever happens we will still have the same European rules and rights which can't be changed even with british law while Britain is part of the EFTA if it wants limits on free movement and immigration if would have to leave the EFTA with no advantage of being in the single market. Which would be catastrophic.    

So, any kind of influence is automatically a negative one?

Btw, as an EU-citizen I can't agree with your statement that everything's BS. The EU has many flaws, but pussying out of it instead of working together to fix it is a coward's answer. And when it comes to what you brought up about Scotland, how exactly do you think this is going to change for the better now after the Brexit?
I never said that will change, I said that the EU clearly ignore more important issues.
Chromatic said:

I find it extremely pathetic the remain campaign are making a attempt to have a second referendum. You should count yourself unlucky not every countries around the world have a democracy such as Britians. If the result went the other way you tell the leave complainers to go to hell.

So what's the difference that petition that's currently going on proving nothing more than a bunch of undemocratic young whingers who didn't get their own way because of a low turnout. People have died to protect for what we have today too stop the kind of foolishness and undemocratic lengths people will go too just to soothe their own agenda.

Since the uk is out of the EU what's going to change nothing actually depending on the situation, the UK will have to join the EFTA to rejoin the single market britain is still part of NATO so no changes will happen there. To rejoin the single market you will have to accept all the EU rules we had before this referendum so voting leave actually made little sense unless they find a better bargaining chip at Brussels. The only thing that will change is the powers from Brussels  which is now in UK hands until the UK join the EFTA and renegotiate a better deal.

Whatever happens we will still have the same European rules and rights which can't be changed even with british law while Britain is part of the EFTA if it wants limits on free movement and immigration if would have to leave the EFTA with no advantage of being in the single market. Which would be catastrophic.    

"nothing more than a bunch of undemocratic young whingers"
Or maybe young people are angry because pensioners have just potentially ruined our futures (The same ones who enjoyed free universities and then took it away from the next generation) because they don't like that a brown guy works in their local newsagents. My grandparents have done it because of that, whatever other excuse they make is a lie (They had 0 valid points anyway), they moved away from London because they hated the immigration, and people of their age groups (70's) are often found to share the same point of view. That an the nostalgia of "I remember before this EU stuff".

"People have died to protect for what we have today" 
Plenty of people have died for England/Britain over the centuries for hundreds of reasons. Should we all go on a crusade and kill all the muslims because our ancestors died killing them in the Middle East? No you say? But that is a betrayal surely? Posting pictures of WW2 and saying "These men died for our democracy" is incorrect. We got involved to stop Nazi's taking Poland, and also to generally stop the spread of them. We could have stayed neutral, Hitler would have loved that. He said so himself.

"the UK will have to join the EFTA"
Which, as you stated, means we have to accept all their rules - such as unchecked immigration etc. etc. - We have no leverage and therefore will not get a better deal, all we do is surrender our voice.

"
Whatever happens we will still have the same European rules and rights which can't be changed even with british law while Britain is part of the EFTA"
That doesn't sound like taking back control to me. 

"
if it wants limits on free movement and immigration if would have to leave the EFTA with no advantage of being in the single market. Which would be catastrophic. "
Precisely. So why does anyone vote for leave? Do you see why young people are so angry now?

MBKF1 said:
The remainers on my Facebook are so butthurt over the result, it's the funniest thing. It's the same as last year when all the lefties cried over Miliband losing the election. They just can't deal with losing. I'm not kidding, nearly everyone has posted something about it, saying how it's such a huge mistake, how it's racist, how Farage and Johnson are ****;'s, yadayadayada. I've just about managed to restrain myself from getting myself involved on there.

All I will say is, this 2nd referendum petition idea is the most ridiculous thing and anyone who signs it clearly has no concept of what democracy is all about. The nation voted to leave yesterday. Those are the facts, and they need to deal with it. Yes, it was marginal, but it's still a majority. Get a grip.
So go on then, what have we gained by voting to leave? The pound has dropped to the lowest level in nearly double our lifetimes, the UK's credit rating has been lowered, we've lost our voice in the EU & will have to abide by their rules still (including free movement of people) or face the possibility of losing hundreds of thousands of jobs.
And the leave campaign has already backtracked on immigration, stating that they never promised a radical decline. So that is two of their main points down now, what else will they backtrack on?
fIsince08 said:
So go on then, what have we gained by voting to leave? The pound has dropped to the lowest level in nearly double our lifetimes, the UK's credit rating has been lowered, we've lost our voice in the EU & will have to abide by their rules still (including free movement of people) or face the possibility of losing hundreds of thousands of jobs.
Of course we've lost our voice in the EU, that's what happens if you vote to leave! The currency took a pounding, yes, but it's on the rise again and it will return to normal in the near future. It was always going to happen if we left, I don't know why people are so worried about it. 
So we haven't gained anything, just lost things?

Anyway, love see the Welsh and Cornish seeking assurance that the money they get from the EU will be replaced despite them voting leave. Maybe they should have thought about that before voting, or at least the MP/remain campaigners in those areas made it clear what was at stake.
Another point that is overlooked. This isn't a binding referendum, and the leave will only happen once Article 50 is invoked. Cameron has stepped down without doing it, so we most likely have to wait until a new (unelected) PM is in place before it happens.

Archived