Sign in to follow this  

AUDI RS 5 vs. Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG vs. BMW M3 Coupe - Grid Autosport

I was watching this episode of Top Gear:
https://youtu.be/DaZExdTHHjY
and I decided to do a test of my own in GRID Autosport. I went to Time Trial on the Chicago Marina City track with the 3 Performance class cars, did 3 laps each, to see which did the fastest lap. The results:

BMW - 57.252
Merc - 58.125
AUDI - 55.335

From my experiece, the Audi was the easiest to drive. I beat my best time with the other 2 cars in the first lap.

I'm just curious, which car does everyone prefer? Post your best lap times if here if you like. I'm not the best driver, I'm at position 36 on the xbox 360 leaderboards with the AUDI.

Wow I was expecting the Audi to win but not by a margin that big! What assists did you have when you did the time trial?
Only Traction control and ABS 

Ah, nostalgic! I believe the Audi was one that I did the handling for. If I remember correctly the Audi is 4WD, where the others are RWD, and that's why it's relatively easy to drive. I think in terms of raw pace the cars should be closer together than that, but it is much easier to extract that pace from the Audi.

Britpoint said:
Ah, nostalgic! I believe the Audi was one that I did the handling for. If I remember correctly the Audi is 4WD, where the others are RWD, and that's why it's relatively easy to drive. I think in terms of raw pace the cars should be closer together than that, but it is much easier to extract that pace from the Audi.
Are you a developer or something? 
I could probably get better times with the other cars if I did more laps. They are all really fun to drive, and I think the game did a fantastic job of making all of the cars feel unique, from their handling, to the sound of the engine, etc. Each car feels different, which I really like. 

Ha might try this now. I'm ps3 though. Try no tc on Audi you'll be even faster. I only use abs, let's see what I get
I used to play with both TC and ABS off, then I played with just ABS, then turned them both on again. I didn't even realize TC was slowing me down. I'll have to try playing with TC off again.

How does everyone else tune their cars? I guess it depends on which car, but I can't figure out what tuning set up is best.

AUDI 54.136 and 17th on leader board but I think with more tries I could get much more out of the Audi 
Nice! I'll have to give it another shot with TC off. I'm actually in an online lobby right now, I can't believe it

I had to get used to driving with TC off again, but my lap times still improved. Did 3 laps each again. EDIT - With TC off:
BMW - 56.275
Merc - 55.600
Audi - 55.117, 29th on xbox leaderboards

Good improvement, I just did another 4 laps in Audi and got 53.522 and that's 9th on ps3 board. That's as much as I can be bothered to do now!