DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Owners of T150 *AND* T300 RS please answer this (PS4)

How does force feedback compare between the two in this game? Is the well known FFB problem of the T300 also present with the T150?

I have a T150 (that I use on a PS4) and I have no FFB issues that I know of? OK happy with the feedback on my wheel. Have read about trouble with the T300. For all the T300 owners sake I hope that Codemasters will fix it soon!

T150 user here. FFb is good except for the absence of Self-centering forces.

Especially FWD-cars are very weird to drive without these forces.

SkyRex said:
Which T300 FFB issue ?! Mine is working flawlessly
Apparently many T300 owners on PS4 are getting weak FFB. If yours is working then it's kind of interesting. Makes me wonder if those with problems have tried firmware updates from thrustmaster.

I have a PS4 and a Mac, no PC, so I think firmware updates wouldn't be an option for me (maybe I'm wrong). Yeah I have a T150 too, agree with Stevie777, but I had a G29 for a couple of days and it also didn't centre so I think that's just how it is. I'm asking because I'd like to upgrade to a T300 and it's just this issue holding me back, don't want to upgrade only to find FFB is worse...

Up to date firmware T300 owner on PS4 here. 
Yup, the FFB is weak for me too. It doesn't have much in the way of self centering in ANY mode using any drivetrain. FWD cars are the worst, even in dry conditions on tarmac on a neutral throttle it feels as if the front wheel alignment is way out as I need to physically straighten up after every corner. The 1600 rally crossers are even worse as I can feel a roughness / grating as if the wheel bearings on the car are shot. With the RX's there is NO self centering effect, in fact, it's markedly worse than in rally or hill climb modes. 
This fault, and it is a fault, not a bug, has ruined any enjoyment for me. I've deleted my career progress over this as the game is basically un playable in it's current state. We NEED a hot fix for this NOW. I'm not content waiting for Codies to issue a fix along with XXX amounts of other issues in one big patch when I paid full retail for the steel book edition of a semi-broken game. 

Up to date firmware t300 owner on ps4 here too, I also had the problem of no self centering on the steering too but strangely I managed to fix mine by turning everything off completely then switching the t300 to PS3 mode and then starting it all up again. For some unknown reason this seemed to jolt my system into working correctly I now get the self centering force as soon as I start to move forward (still nothing when stood still) the even stranger thing is when I switched everything back to ps4 mode the self centering still remained, I've had to turn all the settings up as recommended by thrustmaster and still think the ffb is a bit weak but it was the missing self centering force that was really peeing me off and now at least the game is playable for me, it might be worth some of you other sufferers giving it a go to see if it improves it for you too?
 Another thing that improved the ffb for me was calibrating the wheel as normal but then using the manual lock function on the t300 ( button near the mode light pressed at the same time as d pad left) to reduce the steering degrees down to 540 instead of relying on the soft lock?

Just to follow up from my suggestion above, I know that some people have tried my idea of switching to PS3 mode and reckon it didn't work for them but I can assure you it did something for me.
 Before I managed to get mine working if I sat on the start line ready to go and turned my steering fully to the right there was absoloutley no resistance as I turned the wheel, if I then let go of the wheel and left it fully right the car would steer right and go into the scenery as soon as I pressed the accelerator making no attempt to correct itself. 
After the fix if I tried the same test it would straighten up the steering on its own as soon as I started to move, even though there was still no resistance when the wheel was turned and the car was not moving?
Im not totally sure how I managed to fix the problem as I tried different orders of powering the system up and even swapped the wheel from the right hand ps4 socket to the left hand one to see if that made any difference. if the problem would reappear I would be able to work out the correct order of doing things for you but as my self centering force has remained even after switching back to ps4 mode all I can do is suggest you experiment for yourself as getting the ffb to straighten up the car makes a HUGE difference when playing the game.

I tried that with my T150 to see what would happen and it made no difference. The steering never centres itself while my foot is on the pedal. It does as I lift it and it slows down to a halt though...  

pEst410 said:
I tried that with my T150 to see what would happen and it made no difference. The steering never centres itself while my foot is on the pedal. It does as I lift it and it slows down to a halt though...  
When you started the ps4 with the t300 in PS3 mode did the wheel calibrate itself as the ps4 started and then again when the game started? It's really weird how this fixed it for me but not you?

I have the T150, so that fix probably just doesn't apply to it... Btw, the T150 in PS4 mode only calibrates when the system starts, it doesn't do it when the game starts ever. I can't remember what it did regarding that when in PS3 mode...

If the t150 has actually gone into PS3 mode then it should calibrate twice, if it's only doing it once then it's still in ps4 mode?

Ok, sorry I can't remember what it did but I did it like you said, tested in PS4 mode, switched console off, switched wheel to PS3 mode, switched console on and tested in game again. 

Madwak, I have tried your suggestion of starting in PS3 mode but it did nothing for me. I appreciate the time and effort you put into testing this workaround, and I'm glad it did something to help the FFB issues but, why has it been left to a member of the community to try and find a part solution when the devs are sitting on their hands ?
I'm not having a go at you, you've taken the time to answer other members questions, where as Codies have stayed quiet. They have at least acknowledged there is a problem after a long period of silence or denial, but there is still no official fix. 
I'll just have to leave the game gathering dust a while longer I suppose !

No worries mate, I agree with you about Codies and their lack of response. I was hoping they might read about this and it may give them a clue what is causing the problem and point them in the direction of finding a fix?   ;)