Jump to content Jump to content

First corner crashes are ruining the game (XBOX360) PLEASE FIX

Codemasters, you have to do something to fix the stupid AI crashes on the first corner. I am racing on career,hard, no assists, using a Fanatec wheel, and race there is mayhem at the first corner. It makes qualifying redundant as you may as well start at the back to avoid the inevitable pile up. Also the comments regarding racing are also true, AI will ram you for no reason if you try to get on the racing line.

I have spent a while getting the game feeling good tweaking the wheel settings and also adjusting my wheel, to have it ruined by extremely aggressive AI drivers. Are you planning a patch ?

Yeah, you have to give the other cars space on the corners if they try to dive inside. RL racing line rules don't apply for whatever reason - on ANY corner, but the problem is most noticeable on the first corner. Of course it works both ways - you can barge down the inside too, and not get penalised.
Mr. Hoonhead hit the nail on the head. This is what I have starting doing for the racenet challenges. But if you are starting up front the best thing you can do is try to get between 2 cars (or more). If you can get the hole-shot that helps a bunch.
Funny thing, was in the worst lobby ever yesterday. They all were freaking crashkiddies driving like they never ever saw a car it could not have been any more terrible.. so the host changed to no collision and seriously.. WHAT?! They all started driving like little gods breaking as if they have never done anything else their whole life.. ....what is wrong with this world.
sucr4m said:
Funny thing, was in the worst lobby ever yesterday. They all were freaking crashkiddies driving like they never ever saw a car it could not have been any more terrible.. so the host changed to no collision and seriously.. WHAT?! They all started driving like little gods breaking as if they have never done anything else their whole life.. ....what is wrong with this world.
I have noticed this phenomenon before too. I think it boils down to the mindset of "I do not have enough skill to win cleanly, so I may as well wreck people to try and win that way." 

Or they cannot race with people to their inside or outside. Or another thought is that they only can run in the optimal racing line. Like they would in a Time Attack scenario. Another thought is too they just treat other folks like they treat the AI in other games.