Jump to content Jump to content

What A.I. difficulty are you using?

Just curious to know what AI difficulty most people are using, or if you switch between races? I went for hard, not because i'm a quick driver but because i want to become quicker. I decided i didnt want to win every race easily, i wanted to have to push to win. So far, Hard mode seems like a good fit for me, since i can win if i race well, but still lose a fair amount.

Yup, same as you, Gary. I play on 'Hard' to make myself race better and that's why I do not use flashbacks. Helps you focus better knowing you can't just use a flashback. I am succeeding in beating the AI in *most* races, hence I am thinking off upping the difficulty now, though...

Hard, but I find Open wheel and Street easiest Endurance and Touring harder and Jap car Tuner impossible but Muscle Tuner easier ! and dont ask about drift uugh.. I havnt got through 1st quali yet lol ..
I have to be very aggressive and try to bash Ravenwest to win Touring and Endurance- once I've caught them :)

Typically in other driving games I normally can't quite reach the top difficulty, so I was pretty shocked to see I was on the pace from the off with the Very hard AI. Let me reiterate, normally I use the Modest/Hard difficulty in other games.

Might have to lower it to very easy for drift though 
:))

V easy for me but then mostly because of my disability and I do play with assists as well. I may be tempted to take it up to easy though at some stage when I next do a career on the game. At the moment  I'm doing quite well against the AI in most races but for now I'll keep it where it is.

Medium for me, I must admit though when I get past the AI I leave them standing and will beat them by at least 10 seconds a race. Maybe time to go up a level.

problem is because I like running the circuits without other cars I'm great at following the racing line and getting good lap times but not so good at getting round other people. Practice makes perfect.

im on medium, i dont get first every race so it seems a good fit, i might move it up to hard eventually. if i can get by the ai i have no problems but sometimes they make it pretty difficult to get by them.

Using hard, have raced open wheelers exclusively and really liking the challenge. If I don't qualify well it's a struggle to keep up with the podium placers. And if I do stick it on Pole I don't pull away easily. Yet to try the endurance or touring car. But looks like when my internets capped I'll still have a good challenge.

Started with the full 50% XP bonus but the cockpit view with no HUD doesn't give you enough feedback so I went back to bonnet cam with HUD.

Initially I thought the A.I were pretty good, in the tuner series I wasn't winning every race because the lower tier cars aren't fast enough but then I got in the top Ravenwest cars and realised the A.I like all of Codemasters Ego engine racing games are still not racing fair. In the fastest car with no downforce, fully locked diff and everything tuned for top speed the other Ravenwest car was still going faster than me on the straights without drafting and accelerating much faster.

The only saving grace is their base lap times for the most part, unlike F1, is spot on so the singleplayer is actually enjoyable again and biggest improvement for me is turning off all assists doesn't change the grip levels of the car!

I bounce between Hard and Very Hard.

I find Ravenwest to be pretty much impossible to keep up with in everything except for endurance and street so I tend to play on Hard for everything except for those two. At the end of the day I don't expect to win everything and races on Hard are usually still very close, but I like Very Hard for whenever I find the AI aren't cheating too badly (i.e. I can keep up on straights) or for when I play for fun and not for progressing through Career/achievement whoring.

I run hard, and it seems some tracks and disciplines, are way different than others. Sometimes I can be off as much as a second and a half from Ravenwest, other times I'm a couple tenths faster. I some how run faster in the race than qualifying. Seems I need the other cars to push me harder. I still do the Drift competitions on Medium though. 

I should've picked HARD actually. I did start off with Very Hard, but as the AI are complete jerks on that difficulty later on in career, I had to tone it down. I was getting annoyed of AI drivers smashing me off the track as if I was invisible to them. That's not just including Touring.

With the open wheelers I tend to use the Hard difficulty and Medium difficulty with others. The problem I am having with the difficulty settings is that with Medium difficulty I am around 1-5 seconds a lap quicker than the AI and usually win a 20 lap race with a +30sec gap to 2nd place. But with Hard difficulty I am around 1-3 seconds a lap slower than the AI and usually start the race from 10th or lower. I can usually manage to climb up to 4th or 3rd but I just can't keep up with the faster AI cars. At the halfway point of the race I'm 10-15 seconds behind the top 3 and 5-10 seconds ahead of P5. Of course winning a race with a massive gap is quite boring but it's not much different when you're in 4th with no other cars in sight.

Loore said:
Some interesting results here.

Has anyone found themselves moving up a difficulty? For example, if you started on normal have you found yourself moving up to hard?
not yet but I've been thinking about it but I've held off because in some cases like the open wheels even Ravenwest are struggling to deal with me. whereas in Tuner and sometimes Street I've struggled I've been doing well in some others badly so may consider it later on another career.

Loore said:

Has anyone found themselves moving up a difficulty? For example, if you started on normal have you found yourself moving up to hard?
Only played Street so far on Hard and as my skill has increased I've noticed that I can now beat the AI if I don't make too many mistakes so once I've finished my current season I plan on restarting a new Street career with V.Hard AI to really test myself. I know my driving is far from perfect so I kind of feel like I'm taking advantage by only racing against the Hard AI and getting away with too many mistakes!!

Quattro7 said:
Looking to get this game soon. Are the difficulties the preset options or the AI levels?
They're both and the same. The difficulty level is a preset which applies to the AI and can apply to your 'Assists' settings. However, you can change this at any time through a race weekend in the Event menu. The 'Assists' preset options can be changed independently of the difficulty preset in a custom kind of way, keeping the AI at their predetermined level.

Loore said:

Yes, I moved from Hard to Very Hard, especially in Touring Cars. I found I was beating the AI way too easily in the lower level cars in the Touring Car discipline on Hard.

As an aside, I have tried Medium difficulty too, out of interest, but found the AI too erratic at this level.

Loore said:

I actually just recently started running hard on touring cars, which means I'll probably have to run very hard on open wheel lol :p