Sign in to follow this  

What A.I. difficulty are you using?

I should've picked HARD actually. I did start off with Very Hard, but as the AI are complete jerks on that difficulty later on in career, I had to tone it down. I was getting annoyed of AI drivers smashing me off the track as if I was invisible to them. That's not just including Touring.

Very Hard most of the time, unless I'm not efficient enough for playing against these guys, so I put med/hard (or I just wait for myself to feel better for optimum performance)

With the open wheelers I tend to use the Hard difficulty and Medium difficulty with others. The problem I am having with the difficulty settings is that with Medium difficulty I am around 1-5 seconds a lap quicker than the AI and usually win a 20 lap race with a +30sec gap to 2nd place. But with Hard difficulty I am around 1-3 seconds a lap slower than the AI and usually start the race from 10th or lower. I can usually manage to climb up to 4th or 3rd but I just can't keep up with the faster AI cars. At the halfway point of the race I'm 10-15 seconds behind the top 3 and 5-10 seconds ahead of P5. Of course winning a race with a massive gap is quite boring but it's not much different when you're in 4th with no other cars in sight.

Some interesting results here.

Has anyone found themselves moving up a difficulty? For example, if you started on normal have you found yourself moving up to hard?

Loore said:

Has anyone found themselves moving up a difficulty? For example, if you started on normal have you found yourself moving up to hard?
not yet but I've been thinking about it but I've held off because in some cases like the open wheels even Ravenwest are struggling to deal with me. whereas in Tuner and sometimes Street I've struggled I've been doing well in some others badly so may consider it later on another career.

Loore said:

Only played Street so far on Hard and as my skill has increased I've noticed that I can now beat the AI if I don't make too many mistakes so once I've finished my current season I plan on restarting a new Street career with V.Hard AI to really test myself. I know my driving is far from perfect so I kind of feel like I'm taking advantage by only racing against the Hard AI and getting away with too many mistakes!!

Looking to get this game soon. Are the difficulties the preset options or the AI levels?

Quattro7 said:
Looking to get this game soon. Are the difficulties the preset options or the AI levels?
They're both and the same. The difficulty level is a preset which applies to the AI and can apply to your 'Assists' settings. However, you can change this at any time through a race weekend in the Event menu. The 'Assists' preset options can be changed independently of the difficulty preset in a custom kind of way, keeping the AI at their predetermined level.

Loore said:

Yes, I moved from Hard to Very Hard, especially in Touring Cars. I found I was beating the AI way too easily in the lower level cars in the Touring Car discipline on Hard.

As an aside, I have tried Medium difficulty too, out of interest, but found the AI too erratic at this level.

Loore said:

I actually just recently started running hard on touring cars, which means I'll probably have to run very hard on open wheel lol :p

Since I've turn TC off I can do Very Hard, been practicing that recently. At least with Street I can do this, I really haven't tried it on any others yet. Still winning on VH.