F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What A.I. difficulty are you using?

Just curious to know what AI difficulty most people are using, or if you switch between races? I went for hard, not because i'm a quick driver but because i want to become quicker. I decided i didnt want to win every race easily, i wanted to have to push to win. So far, Hard mode seems like a good fit for me, since i can win if i race well, but still lose a fair amount.

Yup, same as you, Gary. I play on 'Hard' to make myself race better and that's why I do not use flashbacks. Helps you focus better knowing you can't just use a flashback. I am succeeding in beating the AI in *most* races, hence I am thinking off upping the difficulty now, though...

Hard, but I find Open wheel and Street easiest Endurance and Touring harder and Jap car Tuner impossible but Muscle Tuner easier ! and dont ask about drift uugh.. I havnt got through 1st quali yet lol ..
I have to be very aggressive and try to bash Ravenwest to win Touring and Endurance- once I've caught them :)

V Hard with ABS and Entire HUD only, finishing bad with poor teams but winning with Ravenwest, its the perfect difficulty.

Typically in other driving games I normally can't quite reach the top difficulty, so I was pretty shocked to see I was on the pace from the off with the Very hard AI. Let me reiterate, normally I use the Modest/Hard difficulty in other games.

Might have to lower it to very easy for drift though 
:))

V easy for me but then mostly because of my disability and I do play with assists as well. I may be tempted to take it up to easy though at some stage when I next do a career on the game. At the moment  I'm doing quite well against the AI in most races but for now I'll keep it where it is.

Medium for me, I must admit though when I get past the AI I leave them standing and will beat them by at least 10 seconds a race. Maybe time to go up a level.

problem is because I like running the circuits without other cars I'm great at following the racing line and getting good lap times but not so good at getting round other people. Practice makes perfect.

...I don't think some people understand that you're not supposed to win till like 10 seasons in... lol

LewisBCR6 said:
...I don't think some people understand that you're not supposed to win till like 10 seasons in... lol
Yeah... lol

That's one of the reasons I have to move up to V.Hard, I win too much... :D

Hard. I'm all for realism and it wouldn't be realistic for a rookie driver to win every race and cup.

im on medium, i dont get first every race so it seems a good fit, i might move it up to hard eventually. if i can get by the ai i have no problems but sometimes they make it pretty difficult to get by them.

Using hard, have raced open wheelers exclusively and really liking the challenge. If I don't qualify well it's a struggle to keep up with the podium placers. And if I do stick it on Pole I don't pull away easily. Yet to try the endurance or touring car. But looks like when my internets capped I'll still have a good challenge.

Started with the full 50% XP bonus but the cockpit view with no HUD doesn't give you enough feedback so I went back to bonnet cam with HUD.

Initially I thought the A.I were pretty good, in the tuner series I wasn't winning every race because the lower tier cars aren't fast enough but then I got in the top Ravenwest cars and realised the A.I like all of Codemasters Ego engine racing games are still not racing fair. In the fastest car with no downforce, fully locked diff and everything tuned for top speed the other Ravenwest car was still going faster than me on the straights without drafting and accelerating much faster.

The only saving grace is their base lap times for the most part, unlike F1, is spot on so the singleplayer is actually enjoyable again and biggest improvement for me is turning off all assists doesn't change the grip levels of the car!

The AI I've played with so far on Street always have at least one slow corner per track where you can out brake them and have a chance to overtake them so they have to make up their time somewhere to offer a challenge to the player.

Very Hard but only if I know the track and the car well...and I can tune it 100% and upgrade. Usually means playing SP and the online system is broken.

I bounce between Hard and Very Hard.

I find Ravenwest to be pretty much impossible to keep up with in everything except for endurance and street so I tend to play on Hard for everything except for those two. At the end of the day I don't expect to win everything and races on Hard are usually still very close, but I like Very Hard for whenever I find the AI aren't cheating too badly (i.e. I can keep up on straights) or for when I play for fun and not for progressing through Career/achievement whoring.

I like medium because it gives me a nice challenge. I don't win every race but I do win more then not and if I don't win I will get second or third.

I race med on touring cars but will be racing hard on open wheel cars, because I completely dominate Open wheel races on medium.

I race at Hard, I started on Medium but found it too easy. So I went to Hard. It seems like racing side-by-side is easier on Hard. And the crashing seems to happen less often.

I race med on touring cars but will be racing hard on open wheel cars, because I completely dominate Open wheel races on medium.
Yeah I seem to be stronger in the open wheels compared to the other disciplines

I run hard, and it seems some tracks and disciplines, are way different than others. Sometimes I can be off as much as a second and a half from Ravenwest, other times I'm a couple tenths faster. I some how run faster in the race than qualifying. Seems I need the other cars to push me harder. I still do the Drift competitions on Medium though. 

Anything lower than Very Hard in this game I would probably pole and win every race, and it would be boring.