Sign in to follow this  

Colin McRae DiRT

Just played DiRT for the first time, really enjoying it so far. I much prefer the handling of DiRT 2 (only one i've played extensively), but i think i prefer the emphasis on rally events over the whole x-games malarkey of the sequel.

Played any raid events yet? 

Yeah, just tried a few now. I wasnt overly keen on the ones with the L200, but the one with the huge Kamaz and MAN trucks were surprisingly cool, i felt like a support vehicle for Dakar!

Would like to see a bit of that in a future DiRT game, maybe some longer routes.

Imagine if there were a 'minigame' where you have to race as fast as possible to your broken down teammate, repair it and carry on racing. Points awarded for your finishing position as well as your repaired teammates position!? Don't know if thats a silly idea or not, but i'd enjoy it!

Also really like the damage breakdown, which tell you which parts are damaged and how much. All the detail really adds to the immersion, along with setup tuning, and the explanations of tracks/vehicles. Love it.

Would buy a remake of this game rebuilt on the latest version of the EGO engine ;)

Imagine if there were a 'minigame' where you have to race as fast as possible to your broken down teammate, repair it and carry on racing. Points awarded for your finishing position as well as your repaired teammates position!? Don't know if thats a silly idea or not, but i'd enjoy it!
That isn't a bad idea, you should stick it in the wishlist thread

JonTucker said:

I loved the first DiRT game (it was before my time at Codemasters) although the handling model did have some slightly strange characteristics.

The thing that made it for me was the varied characteristics of the stages. Some were technical, others were fast and flowing. They represented their locations well and it was great to hone your skills on each one to try and achieve the best time. It also has a great selection of cars from classics to more modern machines.

Hmmm I might go dig it out actually....

Pssstt @JonTucker you should get yourself one of our shiney dev steam accounts with all the games on ;)
\:D/ perks!

The Raid tracks in DiRT were too long and ruined the racing for me, those tracks should only be 1 lap.