Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

AUTOSPORT: ONE WEEK OF A 60 EUROS RIP-OFF. *EDITED* RaceNet FIXED!!

After 8 days waiting solutions, responses ...trying to help people here, making positive comments, funny moments, my patience gone. I´m one of those who likes the game, and a  lot!!, at least the part i can play.

For the people who fortunately can play all the game normally, wich are not a so big majority of the users, maybe this kind of posts may result boring or annoynig, but i understand how frustration increases when someone lost all the progress in a game, Single player and Online. I thought more than twice the tittle of this post. I´m beta tested many games and never seen a case like this after released, and i can say i´ve seen "great nonsenses". After last year problems and mistakes, i believed that a serious company do their work, but sadly is not. Is a case or trial and error but with the money and confidence of the customers.

During this week the "phantom" of corrupted save game has became real and massive, with a promissed solution soon, i hope this time was done, not like Grid 2 wich never had a solution this; i cann´t figure out how a corrupted game save of a PS3 game is going to be fixed, anyway, let´s wait.

I have many friends playing racing games and 5 of them has the corrupted save game file and the desperate to repeat and repeat again the game like Grid 2, lose the online progress, can´t up level, modified cars for races etc.., in the other hand i have more than 10 who can´t play in RaceNet for the reasons CONSTANTLY REPEATED around the forum this week.  ----The RaceNet connect issue has been FIXED, COOL!!----

"minor" issues that Black Edition codes, versions, etc...can be assumed but this is worse than ever, worse than the Grid 2 dissaster, worse that the RaceNet weeks when was unavailable, i can´t believe that the same problems are hapeening again in a massive amount, that CM doesn´t save in their servers at least the online progress in the game and not mixed with local game save file, i can´t believe than in a week CM are unable to reset the servers and RaceNet account to restart the service or see what is happening, that i spent a lot of hours trying to figure out what is happenig, trying different accounts, installs, user, etc...trying to help and not only no response, even it seems to be some isolated thing to be fixed when....WHEN?.

60 Eur of less that a half of the game, in some cases the same game start over and over, a customer service that had tickets fro me since 2012, 2013....hard discussions with Loore and other staff people in the past  but....for what?? for nothing.

I can tell some of my friend that buy the game only because we love racing games, it shouldn´t be honest, i have to say them to wait, because those that have, a great number, can´t racing the Challenges, manage our clubs etc...; I was playing a drift challenge in thursday in Grid 2!! go figure if a year of gameplay is not ehough to say that some games rathers a lot!! still i play RaceNet events in Grid 2, but sadly not in Autosport ad loosing the thrill.

But this time everything is overpower, is an step above the tolerable!!!, come on Codemasters, come on!!. What are you waiting for?

Salute and sorry for my poor english.

they are working on a solution to this and a fix is on it's way unfortunately given your on console means you have to wait for Sony and/or Microsoft to upload the fixes onto their various systems too. It's not just CM that are the problem here

they are working on a solution to this and a fix is on it's way unfortunately given your on console means you have to wait for Sony and/or Microsoft to upload the fixes onto their various systems too. It's not just CM that are the problem here
they are working on it... yeah, i don't buy this bs. it's was a well known issue in the last 5 years in every codemasters racing game.
and they EXPECT the fix will work. i'm pretty sure you can start a new progress now, miracles don't exist...

they are working on it... yeah, i don't buy this bs. it's was a well known issue in the last 5 years in every codemasters racing game.
and they EXPECT the fix will work. i'm pretty sure you can start a new progress now, miracles don't exist...
It may not be a simple fix I don't know as I'm not an expert programmer. I  have suffered similar issues with Fifa before too so if the so called great EA have these issues what chance does CM have? Fortunately Autosport aside from 1 time where the game crashed when I was in the middle of a race and I had to reboot it it's pretty much performed faultlessly on my system.
Save corrupts have been in many games lately not just codies. If 60 euros is hurtin you that bad op maybe you shouldn't be buying it.
There's bound to be problems with a game that was released so quickly after grid 2 (which was a total joke) . I guess I am one of the lucky ones who hasn't been data corrupt but then again I back my data up to a flash drive just in case it happens so I won't have to start all over, maybe you need to be proactive and save your data to a flash drive.
I disagree with you guys about saying there not fixing these things. Codies I think learned there lesson when it came to grid 2. @loore has been on these forums daily and answering people's questions.
So yes being a ps3 owner we gotta wait for slow azz Sony to OK a patch. They take forever. Wait till codies releases there next game for ps4 I bet it blows everyone away.
As far as i know thre´s an update without not too much info for PC that doesn´t fix anything about RaceNet or corrupted saved games mainly because it was done before these common CM problems appear, i said done, not release.

On the other hand they are working on a patch for the corrupted fie that was finished yesterday and is in QA to be tested; the time to be released in Sony or MS is obviuos that will take more time but this is not an issue; i repeat that i´m trying to figure out how they are going to get back the save game in console, let´s wait. I´m not afeccted yet by this problem, lucky but who knows...i recommended exit the game always since the start screen. Lat year was impossible to fix because of the nature of the save file, only some PC user could touch somethings and recovery fro another users PC savegames.

And finally the RaceNet account problems, there´s no nothing about that. I spent a lot of time and have a "solution", an extreme and undesirealble but it exist and i explained in the tech forum; what irritates me a lot is the no response, the sensation that are only a minor group of usesrs and the absence of info.

Somewhere between friday and saturday the servers "corrupt" the way AS  "see" the accounts in RaceNet and since then many people can connect; the season pass could be a reason, even the digital version and the Black Edition, but in any case is a patch solution i think, there are more info provided by user than CM, well in fact CM doesn´t give any info about that.

Last year happens something similar and was fixed without any patch, it was only a server from CM, but it lasted two months, great!!, and an ugly discuss wich is not going to repeat, at least for me, it doesn´t rather.

This kind of things use to be bored for those who have no problem and maybe see other user as annoying blaming or complaints everytime but hothing so far than the reality; i like the game, i love CM games, i have the season pass with my eyes blind...but is inadmissible that year by year, game by game the problems are the same. Ok, other games has corrupted files?? yes, only a few and it never happens to me, only with CM and only repeatedly.

If it is difficult or not to fix the corrupted issue?? i don´t know too but my experiences tell me that in console will be more near than impossible, BUT after years with this issue there´s a really perfect solution what many other does: save game, SP am MP, in the company servers. If it was rhe case these problems shouldn´t be exist and if exists is fixable almost at the moment.

And CM games are not cheaper that the rest, thre´s a solution REAL solution since many time ago, but not, this time AGAIN the users have to wait o simply left the game because this unplayable errors.

Salute.
Save corrupts have been in many games lately not just codies. If 60 euros is hurtin you that bad op maybe you shouldn't be buying it.

Is not for the money, i bouth season pass, i repeat i love CM games but is not aceeptablethat lookig forwars to the last year this problems repeats again. Is a question of patience and bad surprise, and i´m not affected yet, i can´t play RaceNet.

Even i liked Grid 2, still play some challenges, ok, is not a great game but at least has less problems that this new AS, wich is by far a better game. Sorry that if sometimes i could "sound" rude or confuse; english is not my language but i´m trying to be honest and calm, but.....XD, CM please try to reset the servers!!! hahahahaa!!.

Salute.
And i only have 4 or 5 corrupted save games in decades, maybe luck but i´m gamimg since gaming, maybe not everyday, obviously, and two of them in many, many, many years are form CM in only one year!!!, and soltuions are very easy today, and some companies save users games to avoid this and another issues.

We fixed it with GRID 2, the team are working on a fix now for Autosport, whether you believe that is up to you.

While the end result is the same (corrupt saves), the cause has been completely different between both games.

Apologise if you've found yourself on the end of a corrupt save, but rest assured the team are working on a fix, and it's currently making its way through the QA process. Current (rough) estimate is maybe a release next week on PC all going to play with consoles to follow.
Loore said:

We fixed it with GRID 2, the team are working on a fix now for Autosport, whether you believe that is up to you.

While the end result is the same (corrupt saves), the cause has been completely different between both games.

Apologise if you've found yourself on the end of a corrupt save, but rest assured the team are working on a fix, and it's currently making its way through the QA process. Current (rough) estimate is maybe a release next week on PC all going to play with consoles to follow.
Hi Loore:

Yes, it was fixed in Grid 2 but the players couldn´t recovered the stats, the fix was that never happened again, and that´s good but we must started again everything, still in my RaceNet profile are the progress i stopped, i got the platinum and let the online in lvl 27, now i can´t remember where i am but what people wants is to recover the stats in progress, SP, MP and cars, money, etc...

I suspect that is not going to be possible but if it is it will be cool, fantastic to recover again the progress.

As i remember the corrupt saved file in Grid 2 was because of an update on new cars DLC i believe. This time i don´t know why as you say that is very different the reason, and the RaceNet issue it should be some less complicate.....i guess XD. I can´t resist watch at the challenges and cannot race them!! arggg!! XD :P

Salute.
There's bound to be problems with a game that was released so quickly after grid 2 (which was a total joke) . I guess I am one of the lucky ones who hasn't been data corrupt but then again I back my data up to a flash drive just in case it happens so I won't have to start all over, maybe you need to be proactive and save your data to a flash drive.
I disagree with you guys about saying there not fixing these things. Codies I think learned there lesson when it came to grid 2. @loore has been on these forums daily and answering people's questions.
So yes being a ps3 owner we gotta wait for slow azz Sony to OK a patch. They take forever. Wait till codies releases there next game for ps4 I bet it blows everyone away.
I forgot one thing; in many of my post this week i suggest people to save the game to an ext device, is a BASIC practice and i did always with every game and in AS each time i end a season, exit the game, save and restart the game, extreme?? maybe XD but is not SURE because a corrupted file doesn´t mean that the game accept a previous old save game, i some cases the game auto-corrupt the way it reads the saves and all the saves you can have in another place could not do nothing, corrupted again, and that´s because i´m so scared with this.

A save data file doesn´t ensure a 100%, it depends of the reason that its corrupted, the save game or the read of any save game, are very different situations.
i've spent 60 euros just to get "save file corrupted" after 30 hours .. oh please .. that's not the way it should be when the game costs this much :( and it's not about the money, it's just that i've lost my respect to codemasters .. if the patch doesn't work and it doesn't fix the saves, i'm done with your .. stuff
so, autosport don't use steam cloud for savegame ? vac is enabled ? whats the point to have a steam game so ? 

only if you have steam online I usually have those functions disabled as I stick to singleplayer mode

@andaya I don't think that it has anything to do with the season pass or the texture pack CM released as so far my system's been unaffected by problems. Aside from a basic game crash that happened during one of my races the games been fine. Obviously different systems have different programming so can't totally rule it out but that's what I think

I agree that corrupt save files really shouldn't happen on a finished game, and it's pretty unacceptable. I back up my save on a flash drive often in case it happens to me, but so far I've never encountered the issue. But I'm having a blast with this game though. I'd continue playing it even with this issue. I'd just work around it by backing up my save.
Awong124 said:
I agree that corrupt save files really shouldn't happen on a finished game, and it's pretty unacceptable. I back up my save on a flash drive often in case it happens to me, but so far I've never encountered the issue. But I'm having a blast with this game though. I'd continue playing it even with this issue. I'd just work around it by backing up my save.
same here I have a workaround for the F1 games in  that if I start a race weekend I complete it. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the online part of the game this time as it seems to be happening to the people that play online and seeing as I don't I haven't had any problems as yet. I've had the game a full week, Like you I've been thoroughly engrossed in this game as it's kept me busy 1 full week later which is something Grid 2 never did.