Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Smooth G27 forcefeedback in Grid 2 compared to Grid Autosport

No doubt grid autosport is much playable game than its predecessor. I just thought it is worthwhile to raise a topic to be noticed as it is an important issue. 

I always liked the smoother force feedback in f1 2013  than rumbling feeling of gears usually implemented in other games. Somehow Grid Autosport has same rumbling issues which I suppressed by dropping vibration values, which of course lowered the kerbs feeling. But a post by "joepineapples" at link below mentioned using the xml files from Grid 2. The result is much better and smooth steering feedback. And I was wrong at assuming it to be the nature of mechanical gears in G27. Thanks a lot Joe for this revelation.

Good for now but I just hope such degradation does not happen in future releases screwing otherwise excellent product. Racing wheels are the best way to enjoy such titles and should be implemented thoroughly.
May be you are right brother. I played grid 2 only with gamepad due to absence of cockpit view.

I just wanted to bring focus on smooth steering feedback than rumbling gearing feeling as a result of using grid 2 xml as found by Joe in the link mentioned. Never felt such unnecessary awkward rumbling in real life car steering despite rough roads. F1 2013 also had a smooth steering and I wish good of both is taken in consideration for future titles.