Jump to content Jump to content

GRID Autosport - Pack Racing A.I. at Spa Francorchamps Video + Ultra Graphics

I made a video showing how tight the pack of A.I drivers will push and "hold on" to the back of your car on hard difficulty settings. It make's for an intense race as you seemingly can't make a mistake or they will all overtake you.

The video also highlights how pretty the game looks. I set everything to Ultra and installed the Texture Pack. Take a look and let us know what you think:

http://www.geekl33tgamer.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=15

View, comment and rate at our site above, or direct link to the file on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo3JYgDnPcs

The video is not supposed to be about my driving skill (which is entirely subjective anyway), it's about the more aggressive nature of the A.I drivers giving you the squeeze if you get a bit aggressive (which you'll need to do sooner or later to actually win). They are a lot more aggressive than the GRID 2 A.I. Cars.

I had the difficulty ramped up, and was driving that car as hard as I could. I wasn't perfect, but never claimed to be. I hit most apexes and wasn't crashing into everything. Some people...

Lol. Your racing isn't that bad, although I prefer to give cars a bit of a wider berth on a wide track like spa. To give honest feedback it doesn't look like you got anything you didn't deserve from the AI.

(I rate the insult as an 8/10 though).
Can't believe people are saying GAS AI is more aggressive than Grid 2. I'm finding it to be total opposite as long as you give way when you screw up. Too many players seem to think they should be able to make a mistake and then continue to take the racing line when in fact you should concede the racing line when cornering to the faster AI car who didn't make a mistake or face the consequences. Probably explains why so many players don't know how to play fair online.
Can't believe people are saying GAS AI is more aggressive than Grid 2. I'm finding it to be total opposite as long as you give way when you screw up. Too many players seem to think they should be able to make a mistake and then continue to take the racing line when in fact you should concede the racing line when cornering to the faster AI car who didn't make a mistake or face the consequences. Probably explains why so many players don't know how to play fair online.
I agree I get bumped around sometimes by the Ravenwest and occasionally the Kicker guys but generally the AI have played fair with me and vice versa.