Jump to content Jump to content

PS4 Controller on F1 2013 PS3?

The ps4 controller works great with F1 2013 on the ps3, except when I try to use the throttle or brake(R2 and L2) the slightest amount of pressure on the trigger is full throttle. So there is no using only 50% of throttle in the corners, I can only use 100% throttle no matter how much pressure or travel I put on the trigger. This makes saving and maintaining my tires impossible and I have to use full traction control and ABS otherwise I spin out which is annoying. How can I fix this?
Well you guys are just rude. If you've got nothing positive to contribute than keep your mouths shut. I use my DS4 for most PS3 games because Sony has encouraged this, if the player prefers the DS4 to DS3 as most do, hence why it's compatible in the first place. However, F1 2013 does not seem to like this. So OP you'll just have to make do with the DS3.
  • 2 weeks later...

Check out Joystick Mapper from the Mac App store (about $6). I bought a PS4 dual shock controller last week and have mapped the controls on it - works fine with Grid. I have mine plugged in via USB, I don't think the wireless works. This kid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4PtEUWyNzI has put a tutorial on YouTube so you can learn how to use Joystick Mapper (it's not obvious when you load it up). I screen grabbed the controls for the game, then just selected each control, pressed scan, then pressed the game pad control. Don't forget to select your setting once you have completed it (oversized check box). Good luck :-)