Sign in to follow this  

A suggestion that may help with boosting....

Maybe routing back to racedriver GRID's experience system is a good idea for private lobbies. You see half the guys on the leaderboard's with so much xp but you never see them out in online lobbies. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I can remember, in private lobbies on the original grid there was no experience points issued. Or it didn't affect your stats (win/loss, wrecks etc). I know this isn't exactly cheating but I'd say it's a way you can boost. It's all about getting on the track and finding new and old competition and having fun in my eyes. Any opinions on this?

Maybe routing back to racedriver GRID's experience system is a good idea for private lobbies. You see half the guys on the leaderboard's with so much xp but you never see them out in online lobbies. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I can remember, in private lobbies on the original grid there was no experience points issued. Or it didn't affect your stats (win/loss, wrecks etc). I know this isn't exactly cheating but I'd say it's a way you can boost. It's all about getting on the track and finding new and old competition and having fun in my eyes. Any opinions on this?
The reason people play in private lobbys, like me and my friends is so we dont have spaz drivers taking you out when you do a clean pass, or having a lot of lag racing with people from different countries, and by the way what do you mean by boosting? Having 5 or so friends in a private lobby racing clean so theres no money lost from damage costs and can play the game as its meant to be played.. Racing? so, sorry i have to disagree with that statement @NWRCharger‌ sorry! :)

I think you got the wrong picture like wilkinson, people are running one lap lobbies for quick and easy xp. Or so one person can go in the and boost up their win loss, and as for 'spaz' drivers online are you kidding? Codemasters have put a really good kick voting system back in the game...

I think you got the wrong picture like wilkinson, people are running one lap lobbies for quick and easy xp. Or so one person can go in the and boost up their win loss, and as for 'spaz' drivers online are you kidding? Codemasters have put a really good kick voting system back in the game...
Haha okay i get you now! Yeah what would be good is a bonus for laps, like 1% a lap or something, so if you do a 20 lap race, means you get 20% extra xp does that make sense? And ive done races where i raced side by side through the last 3 corners at mount panorama with a random on the 2nd lap, all was good, same thing the last lap but i swear this player has bipolar or something cause we went side by side again through the second last and third last corner and the last corner he got in front and i did the criscross cleanly without touching him, had the better exit and before i even blinked i was in the tyre wall on the inside.. And then i got kicked because i still finished 2nd haha, dont get me wrong i love this game! Haha sorry about my mistake :)

No probs mate I do understand why you wouldnt want to race in some online lobbies because people can be filthy. Just glad it's not like grid 2 where it gives you about a second to do a kick vote but no kick vote at all in a full lobby... This game is perfect.

No probs mate I do understand why you wouldnt want to race in some online lobbies because people can be filthy. Just glad it's not like grid 2 where it gives you about a second to do a kick vote but no kick vote at all in a full lobby... This game is perfect.
Haha yeah no one likes dirty races, what platform are you in? And yes this game is perfect! Well done to the guys

I have been thrown out by the host of private lobby races before even starting the race. When I asked the host what was up with that? The guy never answered. Sure sign of a boosting lobby. Because I think if you choose a private lobby it decreases the xp & money you get. So these guys have to run public lobby's to get their xp & cash. Then they will more than likely rotate who wins and who loses. 

All custom lobby's should not count for xp or count towards your average finish. I think this is the way it is in some FPS's. 

You can get cash but it is limited, & the wear & tear on the car is limited too. I know this. I know this does not seem fair to the guy's who host a fair lobby, & people who play in a fair lobby. But when you give a small group of people freedom to do as they wish. Sadly they will exploit the freedom. 

But the same thing can happen in a playlist too. If a group of 6 or more people are in a lobby. They will be able to vote out anybody they feel is a threat to them. So really there is not a real good way of doing anything about boosters. Except maybe reporting them to CM. 

having been in these kinds of events, the "xp grind" is an added bonus. we ran these lobbies to get our vehicles to higher levels, such that the vehicle level bonus actually paid for the stupidly overpriced repairs, or we would earn the money to repair them by racing cheaper classes. and if you look, none of my crew are on the overall leaderboard, the only leaderboards we top are the challenge leaderboards where it is your speed that moves you up, not xp. i have made this suggestion directly to codemasters, but making a sort of XP boost for running longer events would solve this problem, as well as rewarding people who do race these longer races, rather then going for the quick-cash one lap sprints. as far as kick voting, the system NEVER WORKS as most people leave a lobby when they see a spaz driver, rarely do they get above 1 or 2 votes. most of the time, its the winning clean drivers who get successfully voted out of playlist races, which is why we host our own lobbies so we can kick the people who are ruining the game experience, either by being horrid drivers or by being sore losers

The answer to this is to join a league! Also, we get together and run "boost" events (one lap around Indy at 45% bonus money in a MINI, for instance) all the time. We also have a club that gets together for clean races. Open to all sane drivers who can compete reasonably well. NOT speaking for them, but these guys are good on the xbox...lots of F1 and Race pro experts. Many involved in a 100% (90 min.) race league now on F1 2013. But the GRID Autosport will be shorter distances in the league, for obvious reasons. It's too bad Codemasters does not care whether you play the game a lot or run 1 lap around Indy, in terms of rewards.

Join Here:  http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/grid-autosport-club-and-leagues.356/

I think there should be a de-ranking system for dashboarding/quitting out early to.
There is a lot of people that still do this even though they do not get any xp or money. If they retire or dashboard early they should get stuck with the position that appears on the finishing screen. If you quit and it shows 10th place then that is what they get. And charge them with damage to their car

@NWRCharger I have those occasionally. Good ideas that is. I always thought that is the way it should be. You quit out in a Career race you get last place points & no XP. So why not?