Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

I suggest so that you can keep the game the same over all new and old consoles for the people who don't want to put a big version on a old con youou could bring out a sort ofof bonus version where you can get the game with all the new bits (full game) and then a 2013 style game for those who don't have or don't want to use up loads of memory. And you should bring this out over all platforms.

Well these should be in 2014:
  • The ability to not do the Young Driver's Test (got bored of it)
  • Simulation mode off? (like 2010)
  • The ability to make our own hemet and driver face!
  • More classic tracks
  • 70's and 60's F1 cars
  • No more different editions
  • You are on your 5 year anniversary! Make a steel book or something special!
  • Improve online gameplay
  • Rapid weather changes (make things interesting ;D)
  • Bring back the paddock menu and interview races
  • Murray Walker commentating the classic races and Martin Brundle and his team on the modern?
  • Manager mode
  • Improve the damn traction! (PS3 2013 was hard to control traction when getting out of corners)
  • 3 practice sessions and bring back the 10 minute qualifying session!
  • Engineer give you details more instead of telling when to box or your tyre/fuel status

daemun said:
Hadyn said:
I disagree because people still buy ps3's and xbox 360's and also shops still sell these consoles
People still buy ps2's and wii's.... Should we all have wii graphics foundations with high res textures so they can continue to refuse to upgrade? Like I said, I know some people will dissagree but its better for the series.

Taylz said:

I do this every year and repeat myself so hopefully a few may get picked up if everyone wants the same idea.

- If there are classic cars which I hope there are in 14', make the TH8RS Gear Shifter Compatible for cars such as the LOTUS 98T as for F12013 it didn't work.

- The option to set up a championship season online with more than two people

- FORMATION LAP and PARADE LAP (cant repeat this enough)

- Brundle grid walk interview in Career

- News and controversy stories through the season in Career.

- Manual Pit Lane - Drive in at the required speed and out of the box at the required speed. (every year we ask for this)

- More Tyre smoke on lock ups

- Change in performance of teams in career season after season.

- Helmet Visor tear-off strips

- Off track sponsor duties, maybe training for the following race

- Custom Helmet Design

- More Immersive Career mode,

-Interviews, Podiums, Press conferences. posy qualifying and race interviews as in F12010.

- Driver reputation in career mode - ties in with obeying or ignoring teams orders, interviews good or bad, future contracts with the current team. how much you get paid and the points on the license idea that is currently in F1.

- Commentary from Brundle or Crofty along with engineer during race as was in F1 Championship edition - first F1 game on PS3.

- More classic tracks - Adelaide, Turkey.

- Try get Rob Smedley to do the engineer voice over.

- In co-op mode the option to spectate your team mate while you sit in the pits, and make it more than one season.

- Save and Share replays plus the option to view cars other than yourself on the track - not sure but think with next gen this is already available.

- Pre-Season testing CAREER

- Teammate rivalries.

- 8 Seasons so we can beat Schumachers record.

Classic Content again with more cars. Here's some just to name a few that I would love to see:

- All the classics that were in 2013 plus: Senna/Prost - McLaren MP4/4, Mikas McLaren MP4/13 - MP4/14, Hamiltons MP4/23, Jordan 198, Kimis F2007 and Buttons Brawn BGP001...pretty please.

Hope some of these will get taken into consideration as I think codies are doing a great job with the F1 Series.

Taylz said:

I do this every year and repeat myself so hopefully a few may get picked up if everyone wants the same idea.

- If there are classic cars which I hope there are in 14', make the TH8RS Gear Shifter Compatible for cars such as the LOTUS 98T as for F12013 it didn't work.

- The option to set up a championship season online with more than two people

- FORMATION LAP and PARADE LAP (cant repeat this enough)

- Brundle grid walk interview in Career

- News and controversy stories through the season in Career.

- Manual Pit Lane - Drive in at the required speed and out of the box at the required speed. (every year we ask for this)

- More Tyre smoke on lock ups

- Change in performance of teams in career season after season.

- Helmet Visor tear-off strips

- Off track sponsor duties, maybe training for the following race

- Custom Helmet Design

- More Immersive Career mode,

-Interviews, Podiums, Press conferences. posy qualifying and race interviews as in F12010.

- Driver reputation in career mode - ties in with obeying or ignoring teams orders, interviews good or bad, future contracts with the current team. how much you get paid and the points on the license idea that is currently in F1.

- Commentary from Brundle or Crofty along with engineer during race as was in F1 Championship edition - first F1 game on PS3.

- More classic tracks - Adelaide, Turkey.

- Try get Rob Smedley to do the engineer voice over.

- In co-op mode the option to spectate your team mate while you sit in the pits, and make it more than one season.

- Save and Share replays plus the option to view cars other than yourself on the track - not sure but think with next gen this is already available.

- Pre-Season testing CAREER

- Teammate rivalries.

- 8 Seasons so we can beat Schumachers record.

Classic Content again with more cars. Here's some just to name a few that I would love to see:

- All the classics that were in 2013 plus: Senna/Prost - McLaren MP4/4, Mikas McLaren MP4/13 - MP4/14, Hamiltons MP4/23, Jordan 198, Kimis F2007 and Buttons Brawn BGP001...pretty please.

Hope some of these will get taken into consideration as I think codies are doing a great job with the F1 Series.

edley voice over that list is all I could ever want out a game Defiantely sm

I'd like to see most of the ideas people put here, if they get some server power instead of P2P and maybe stopped changing the handling with a patch after release every year I'II be happy with that  

"Improve the damn traction! (PS3 2013 was hard to control traction when getting out of corners)"

How the hell do you think it is in real life? It's not easy driving a F1 car.

First of all, F1 2013 was very good! No way! I just miss... ...all 3 free practice sessions!! It's hard to get a good setup done in just 1 hour training! F1 2011 was perfect!! Bring them back! ...car Crash model!! It's dangerous to be too realistic but F1 cars in the Game are little "tanks"! Parts of the cars should brake more easily after an accident! ...warm up lap before the Start and more parc ferme after races would be awesome!!! ...improve Safety car and AI!! (I know you still work on this)! :) ...keep the drive- and speed feeling! The best of all race games! ...maybe watch at www.f1-pole.de They make great Mods of your games and got the ERS system well done! NO next-Gen wishes! My PC is way better than the PS4 and the ONE! I'll buy it on PC!! Keep working Codemasters! You do well!!

So after keeping up and reading the entire thread, I think it's safe to say in a nutshell that fans want a more realistic, total F1 experience.

Yeah.. but what is realistic to you, and what is it to me?

For instance - to me, podiums would be a complete waiste of online time.
However, I know a lot would love to see this.
Someone (was it me?) suggested a 3.rd option: replay of some of the winner's overtakes.
That would still praise the winner, and keep the focus at the race everybody just participated in.

How much I ever wish I was an extreme good driver, I'm not.
F1 2012 was great to me - 2013 was to hard to get into, even with a good amount of practise.
So I don't want it to be more realistic than I can still join and not be last car passing the line.
Yet not as easy that you loose interest and excitement.

Just trying to say that "realism" is a different term for a lot of people.

I understand what you're saying @ChokDK‌ but what I meant for realism was strictly the presentation of the game. The common theme here is "Live the Life." All physics and gameplay aside, the people want more features that showcase what it's like to be an F1 driver. Everything they do when they arrive at the circuit until the moment they leave. I get that there are some that don't care for that kind of stuff, and thankfully they'll be able to be skipped with a press of a button, or having the option jump into a race straight away. But it seems to be quite the majority of community members who want the full package. Personally I'm one of those who desire all the 'fluff' that makes the game more immersive. I want to "Live the Life" and experience every aspect of the career of a F1 driver. :)

@Recon1k - I also see what you're saying, but I got it all the other way around ;)
I want replay system for our league, friends invite system with re-invite option etc..
That's not physics and gameplay, yet still something completely different compared to what you want in the game.

I guess we need a next-next generation with 16 gb ram and a much bigger Codemasters company to fullfill all our wishes..

Something good would be option for more than 5 setup saves please.
Include pit strategy as well?

F1 2014 could be a huge step up from the previous F1 games. There's plenty of power to utilize for some new improvements to the game. Here's a list of what I feel could be improved or added to the next F1 game.
  1. Improved Damage Model: I'm sure I'm not the only one who's getting bored of having end plates chipping away and wheels flying off when there's contact with other cars or walls. I'd like to see cars actually having bent suspensions or wheels hanging on to the car when there's a hard crash. Increase the damage sensitivity of the cars as well. Many times I have been spun off by the curbs or by another driver or by driver error and run into someone else or into the wall and just lose and end plate or have no damage at all. I'd like to see my race being ended or actually having to pit by having an incident like that happen. The vehicle should also feel more fragile when driving it. What I mean by that is that if you're driving too aggressively then your engine could blow out or your gear box gets damaged or fails completely.
  2. Improved AI+Safety Car: The AI seem to be not so aggressive even if you bump up the difficulty to legendary. They then to back out of corners when they're on the inside line even if you as the player give them plenty of space to make the turn. Also the AI should make more mistakes like locking up and missing the apex, unintentional incidents like turning in on a driver whether AI or player and cutting them off or damaging there car, as well as spinning around when coming out of a corner because the auto-spin curbs never seem to affect the AI. Improve the safety car as well. I still see very bad incidents involving many cars and the safety car doesn't deploy. Also for this year I would like to see the safety car deploy for incidents like debris on the track like the Bottas incident at Australia this year.
  3. Improved Engineer: The engineer is probably one of the most boring and to me annoying things in this game. He is very emotionless and is kind of annoying when driving. I would like to see him actually say something and not sound like a robot (even though he is one technically). Also make him say things that aren't so obvious like when your tires are badly worn and he tells you "Your tires are badly worn, you should pit for fresh rubber" or "It's just starting to rain, it's light at the moment but if it gets worse we might have to switch to inters or wets" which is also pretty obvious.
  4. Career mode: Career mode is a one place that could use a lot of improvements in my opinion. One thing that I would really like to get out is that since this year drivers chose their numbers the player should be allowed to do so as well. I don't want to have to use the number that the driver before me had. Along with numbers it would be nice if the car didn't have the previous drivers name on it as well, say for example it had Bezerk written on it instead of Sebastien Vettel or Nico Hulkenburg etc. R&D is a huge area that I think that should be improved. Personally I want to be able to see what area my team mate and I are struggling on and choose a part that helps. Say my team mate and I are struggling with downforce I want to be able to select a upgrade that improves downforce, not have the team chose it for me. Also it would be nice to see reserve and test drivers out on track during practice sessions or having other drivers fill in for drivers if they can't race or something. I know this has been mentioned many times by many people but I still feel like I should throw it in here, formation and parade laps. I really would like to be lined up on the grid and then have to go around and get the tires up to temperature and then start the race as well as end the race by being able to drive the car around the track one last time and into the pits to celebrate. Also bringing back the paddock area and the interviews would be really nice because they were a nice little touch in the previous games and added a touch of realism.
  5. Penalties and Red Flags: I know I'm not the only person who has a problem with the penalty system in the past games. Every single penalty you get in a race that is 25% or more is a drive through or a 20 second penalty added at the end of the race or 10 seconds for sprint races. Penalties should be more realistic like 5 second pit penalties or 10 second stop-n-go penalties as well as drive through penalties. If you get a stop-n-go penalty you should also be asked by your engineer when you'll serve it. Also a penalty delay would be nice as well because a driver doesn't immediately get a penalty after an incident. Another thing that bugs me a lot is that I get penalties for being taken out rather than taking someone out. Red flags are also one thing that could be improved for sure. I know that red flags are rarely in F1 but the chances of one should still be increased especially at tracks like Monaco or Singapore because like with the safety car, many incidents won't have a red flag deployed if it involves a lot of cars and the drivers stop on track or near the racing line.
  6. General Improvements: Retirements are something that could be improved. Instead of a car disappearing right in front of you have it stay there and have a crane take it away or the car is driven to the pits and the driver retires there. Another thing I noticed was the AI crashing at certain turns on certain tracks. I know it's a hardware related problem for not having a computer that is good enough to handle the game but I'm sure it could be fixed within the game without having to buy (or build) a new computer. Realistic pit stop times is also something that could be added into the game. In F1 the pit stops average somewhere around 3-3.1 seconds if you don't have to wait for anyone but in real life the stops vary from 2.5-4 seconds and it would be nice if the pit stops in the game variate like that.  Also in general practice 1 and 2 should be brought to the game because I feel as if one 60 minute session isn't enough to test a setup especially for tracks that can go either way with higher downforce or higher top speed. Manual pit stops would be a nice touch as well because it adds a sense of realism because at tracks like Canada or Monza or Brazil, I can go into the pits at really high speeds and the car some how magically slows down and the pit lane speed restrictor comes into play. It would be nice to have to actually slow down and to engage the pit limiter yourself rather than the game doing it for you.

For now that's all I can think of to be improved or added to the game. I know some seem really far fetched ideas but even if something similar is implemented that would be nice.

Bezerk

1. Bring in the ability for your team to sack you if you are not performing to the standard you are expected to perform at.
2. Have the AI be more individual. For example some of the drivers should be more aggressive, some should be really good at managing tyre wear etc.
3. Have the AI suffer from tyre scaling, not just you. It annoys me in F1 2013 when the AI keep putting in consistent lap times as if their tyres are brand new.
4. A decent graphics update. The game looks pretty poor for a game released in 2013.
5. Make the cars more fragile. It's pretty unrealistic that pretty much the only damage that can be done to the car, is the front wing being damaged and tyres being popped.
6. Make the speed of the game feel the same when using keyboard, controller or a wheel instead of one of these being faster in the game.

guys buy codemasters games from the playstation when I was 1 and I was entranced by the F1 games released for the old genereazione console ... until 2013, I'll explain ; 2010 to 2012 the game was perfect for someone like me who does not have much time to play and then it set the difficulty to easy and could do great pole position starting first big races and even doubling their opponents , with red bull car type or williams. But in 2013 also set the level of difficulty significantlylower this does not happen, for me to have too high a level of difficulty instill think that a game should be open to allgamers from those more experienced in the most accommodatingas me. So I ask codemasters to lower the level of artificialintelligence of his next F1 2014 tothe easy level so that even people like me who just want to have fun playing career and exclaim that he had busted their ass to mclaren with a simple force india . thanks .. and what do you think?

I would like that the AI drivers do scandals before races or after. So they get race bans or something like that. Also manager mode would be cool. Engeneer mode also. So you can do deeper car setups. And get to make a design of how the car will look like the next season.

takaya84 said:
guys buy codemasters games from the playstation when I was 1 and I was entranced by the F1 games released for the old genereazione console ... until 2013, I'll explain ; 2010 to 2012 the game was perfect for someone like me who does not have much time to play and then it set the difficulty to easy and could do great pole position starting first big races and even doubling their opponents , with red bull car type or williams. But in 2013 also set the level of difficulty significantlylower this does not happen, for me to have too high a level of difficulty instill think that a game should be open to allgamers from those more experienced in the most accommodatingas me. So I ask codemasters to lower the level of artificialintelligence of his next F1 2014 tothe easy level so that even people like me who just want to have fun playing career and exclaim that he had busted their ass to mclaren with a simple force india . thanks .. and what do you think?

I agree and I think they'll be readdressing that in 2014 anyway fiven the outcry on the old forums by many people

F1 2013 lacked because codemasters put in the classic content. Saying this if you look at 2010-2012 the games were amazing but then 2013 came around with the highly anticipated classic content and look what happened they forgot about the rest of the game and took a massive step backwards in the development of the game. if they spent the 12months after they released f1 2012 just developing the game improving game play listening to what everyone wanted and not just a few people who practically begged for classic content they could have had a much better game. If you look at YouTube and look at the most famous F1 Youtubers you will not see such classic car game play, they all do online racing, this is because they listened to only a few people. Codemasters should fix the lag as whenever i watch f1 races on youtube there is always a lag bubble, they especially need to fix the penalty system instead of just implementing "Corner cut only". They pussy footed around the task of actually fixing the penalty system by doing this and showed me how lazy they will be when it comes to fixing online gameplay problems and how much they concentrated on classic content. To sum up i feel codemasters should do nothing else to classic content other than add a few cars and tracks and they should fix online mode and add a few stuff to offline such as:
  • Formation laps
  • Cool down laps
  • Interviews

• Go back to the homepage from 2010 and 2011
  • Tyre blankets when in the garage
  • More realistic damage

I only say this because i like to cause crashes in the game and try to replicate real life crashes.

• Improve the engineers comments

I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but I really want warm-up (formation) laps and an option to spectate other drivers during qualifying, like in real life. It'd be cool if you could walk up to the pit wall and look over and watch people go by. Just a more immersive experience, you know? A parade lap would be cool, too.

Amongst other things that I don't care to say because so many others before me have stated them.

Here's a good idea, when u start a race in career u start in ur garage as normal but ur engineer gives u info about the race like weather and tire wear abit like the cinamatic before you start the young drivers test, then u drive out the garage up to ur starting grid position, after it comes up like a menu screen with u standing outside the car and from there u can change tyre stragegy, start the race but behind you is the press interviewing you about what u plan for the race. Also another idea is instead of cars disapearing when they retire the marshalls take the car of the track and pick up any broken car parts to improve the chances of a safety car

the one thing that's really annoyed me is the fact you don't win anything in the game, as far as I can see the only thing you get the chance to open up is the different teams in the young driver test, seriously there is no sense of achievement with any F1 game by codemasters on the xbox or ps. If you win the championship what do you win? the chance to do it all over again its a bit of a joke. What about a bonus track? like a testing track, mugello springs to mind. If you win the WDC and WCC you unlock the track, break Schumachers win records and win his old Ferrari helmet or something like that. I really feel there must be a reward for taking so much time to do 5 whole seasons, especially if you are doing 100%distance long weekends. Talking about testing,why is there no testing involved in the game? its such an integral part of F1, you have a YDT (please don't force us to do it) but why not replace that with a weekend of testing, before the season starts and during the season. And do proper testing, test aero, brakes, suspension, engine mapping, fuel eco, tyre life etc etc. These things were in the game from the last company that had the F1 license and surely can be done especially if the game is on next gen consoles. Remember if you think there's too much data for 1 disc you can always use 2

:-B

I hope that codemasters further lower the level of difficulty on easy mode so that the fun is also easily beat the facilemte cars and repeat the likes of redbull and mclaren williams or even with a simple forceindia as they did in the previous chapters to 2013 ... i know that experienced gamers always want new challenges but we must also think about people like me who work and do not have much time to play and then when they do they just want to have fun without committing too including the qualifying times should drop by as much as they did from 2009-2012 ... in order to break even in qualifying against the best performing cars of a forceindia ... although I do not think the software house quasta accept my request, which is also that of many others ....