Sign in to follow this  

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

Seriously, that new menu system isn´t cool at all...why not keep and make better the old ones where you could see drivers walking around and feel a little bit more the F1 atmosphere....?

- free practice 1 and 2
- more safety car, yellow and red flags
- realistic damage
- smarter engineer (give some advices of the weather, other cars, tyres...)
- more mistakes of AI
- manual box
- some place like garage to upgrade car (it's boring that we can complete R&D and that's it)
- more crashs, but not only in the race
- some problems in race except DRS and KERS
- podiums!

Gotta have more realistic damage model (more sensitive to collisions), formation lap, warm down lap to drive into parc ferme, manual pit control (manual spee limiter so can get speeding penalties), more human AI (mistakes, aggressiveness so they too can get penalties and affected cars due to damage), more immersive career mode so it's not so repetitive (better R&D, add more excitement (cut scenes - grid walk, fans cheering, commentary before races/qualy to build pressure on the driver if gunning for the title, beating teammate/rival, etc), fix penalty system and most of all for me please have a much wetter engineer. I would love my engineer to be so in depth that I don't need any HUD whatsoever. 1 that would tell me exactly what and how much damage I have, exactly where I am in the race, my fuel usage exactly rather than being vague, pit stop windows, distance from the next car ahead and back, lap times I need to be putting in to catch the other drivers and what they are doing). More realistic setup also are a big thing for me with all practice sessions available. I don't wasn't a wet qualy where the AI is fast assuming they have a wet setup and then still be super fast in a dry race. I want it so that the AI can gamble on a dry race in a wet qualy so there qualy is affected but be ok for the race and vice versa. I hate it when I have to compensate for the weather which will affect my race but the AI is not. Just some things :-)

the one thing that's really annoyed me is the fact you don't win anything in the game, as far as I can see the only thing you get the chance to open up is the different teams in the young driver test, seriously there is no sense of achievement with any F1 game by codemasters on the xbox or ps. If you win the championship what do you win? the chance to do it all over again its a bit of a joke. What about a bonus track? like a testing track, mugello springs to mind. If you win the WDC and WCC you unlock the track, break Schumachers win records and win his old Ferrari helmet or something like that. I really feel there must be a reward for taking so much time to do 5 whole seasons, especially if you are doing 100%distance long weekends. Talking about testing,why is there no testing involved in the game? its such an integral part of F1, you have a YDT (please don't force us to do it) but why not replace that with a weekend of testing, before the season starts and during the season. And do proper testing, test aero, brakes, suspension, engine mapping, fuel eco, tyre life etc etc. These things were in the game from the last company that had the F1 license and surely can be done especially if the game is on next gen consoles. Remember if you think there's too much data for 1 disc you can always use 2

:-B
I get the feeling part of the reason the testing during the season was taken out in the C|M games was because real F1 stopped doing it as ide from the pre season test and young drivers test it's only recently been brought back in mostly I think because of the tyre mess we had last year in the sport and the new regulations

Abdellah said:
unfortunately you lose your time in this forum ... 
in the sense that codemasters will not give credit to what we write?

on moto gp 2013 you have an engineer that can help with set up i.e: understeer improve spring settings.
i am constantly looking for setups on the internet but they never suit my driving style but when i play moto gp the car always feels good and i can always drive very confidently something that i couldn't do in f1 2013 especially as there was not fp1 and 2 in the game.

i also fell they need to get in season testing now as we have now got in season testing at four? circuits maybe also giving them the oppurtunity to add a 3rd driver system where if you ain't good enough at the young drivers test they give you a 3rd/test driver role within the team and if you do well at your tests that team or maybe another team can sign you as 2nd driver ans then eventually 1st driver.

i feel they should also make it that not all cars use same set-up so some use high downforce some use low and if your team mate is faster than you can copy parts of their set-up. also with this you should also see if they have low or high downforce as rear wing will be thinner or thicker. i also feel they need special downforce packages for tracks like: spa, monza, singapore  like real f1

Car set-up is still a problem for me in f1 2013 still, but have nailed two in a row now and in F1 2014 id like car set-up to be harder to help improve my knowledge of f1.

Take the tyre scaling away, better screen, I can't read results. Having podium, back 3 practise sessions, better car voices, its the same as 2012, take away the oversteering model. But don't take back understeering model, and everything which you're saying. Able to get 2.3 seconds stop.
The Codemaster said there will be formation lap, but they didn't do this, 
I'm not agreeing with you I hate the formation lap, don't stay it,or even we would able to switch out the tyre wear like in F1 2010, Create track, like in Gran Turismo (I know 5). I'm happy with the damage simulation, becasue if I hit the wall a little bit more, I don't want to be out of the race. I think in time trial, the game should allow to extend the tracks. The pitsops in practise and quali, and choose from a menu, which you want. So tyre scaling away. Take back the interviews.

Have transmission every time, for example see shadow changes in every track, transmissions, like the sun goes downer in the sky,
Driver transfers.
I think the engineer should be able to say the lap time like in RFACTOR. like its a 1:13.111.
F1 2014 game suggestions Legend too fast Expert too slow theres too big gap. In legend I’M 5 tens down to the leader, buti n expert I’m 2.4 faster than the second place man, with same setup and everything.

Belive me about the tyre scaling and the things, because I saw you got a good relationship with Steve hood, I hate tyre scaling I need to go to a 2 stoper in a 25% race like in Hungaroring. Or do what Codemasters did in F1 2010, we can awitch the tyre wear off, or hve a kind of option that, Switch on tyre scaling, switch off tyre scaling (so go on the similar tyre wear as F1 2012) or even switch off tyre wear.
New engineer or back the 2010 engineer because he had more emotions.

Setup change within one shot quali not just the stockstandards.

If you extend the track the game musn't slow you down.

I want the game to be more in depth. Interviews maybe some victory champagne. I would like to be able to walk around the paddock and check out my car. I want the announcers from NBC to do voice parts before and after the race and add the F1 NBC theme music.

I have been saying it for a few years now but scalable AI is the way to go. Look at EA's F1 games where you could set AI from say 75% to 125% in terms of pace. This would make it better for every skill level to adjust AI to match their pace. No longer will there be the problem of having to choose preset difficulties which are always too easy or too slow.

Hello

Here are my idears for f1 2014

• official fia gfx hud from tv for the ingame hud
  • helmet view
  • dirt on screen
  • tear off visor (don't know proper english name for it) to remove dirt
  • formation lap to heat up tyres
  • be able to drive from pits to starting grid before the race (to check last setup changes) 
  • manual pit stops (full manual control in pits no automatic drive)
  • pc version: be able to write messages in lobby (most people don't use a head set)
  • be able to join running qualy session
  • improved online ranking
  • interactive podium sequence after race
  • non arcade physics
  • full grid with online races

live the  life of an f1 driver like in 2010 and make it better have podiums, longer cut scenes after races and qualifying of the cars being parked 1 to 3, drivers having a bit of a rest before going out on the podium then the top 3 drivers going on to the podium being awarded trophy's.

formation lap, more chance of a safety car, victory lap, team hanging out of the side of the paddock if you have go a good result in the race. more radio talk and better technical stuff.

being able to talk to the press after a race or when you have finished qualifying saying your forts of the weekend.

more helmet choice, helmet creator and to have sponsorships on your helmets made prices come back like f1 2010 the budget you are worth pick how many seasons you would like to stay in formula 1.

having emails and the press come round and the paddock speaking to you.

have manager come back by saving a team like HRT taking over a team or making your own team like fifa career 

have online ranks and rewards for safe driving rank prizes such as helmets stickers pattens and shapes to add and to your helmet take ideas from real life drivers helmets and make your own design people like lewis Hamilton started in a McLaren so if you are quick in a little test when you start your career teams can think about where they want you.

celebrate title victory's like vettel celebrating in India and having a picyure taken witgh you and the team and team mate every time you have a trophy and have a picture taken to mark that race.

have a after calendar to go through what you did in your career in the past.

make your driver rip of visor when in pit lane.

have more realistic damage on your car. Things like engine failures in races.

delayed pit stops and things like wheel nuts not being put on properly.

being able to walk the track      

if you are going to input tyre scaling ad it to the ai as-well
as they will be setting new fastest laps at the end of the stint and so i always lose time at the end of a stint.

I want a game like F1 2010, 2012....

Some good graphics, good framerate with some good lighting. Bring back the media element of Ted asking questions after the race of being satisfied, the press conference and paddock atmosphere from 2010 and 2011.....

It's what made the game complete, the last two editions have been rather bland. 

engineer should give you more precise information- instead of saying that the next car is about 7 sec behind, they should say: The car behind you is Hamilton, he is 6,8 sec behind

the one thing that's really annoyed me is the fact you don't win anything in the game, as far as I can see the only thing you get the chance to open up is the different teams in the young driver test, seriously there is no sense of achievement with any F1 game by codemasters on the xbox or ps. If you win the championship what do you win? the chance to do it all over again its a bit of a joke. What about a bonus track? like a testing track, mugello springs to mind. If you win the WDC and WCC you unlock the track, break Schumachers win records and win his old Ferrari helmet or something like that. I really feel there must be a reward for taking so much time to do 5 whole seasons, especially if you are doing 100%distance long weekends. Talking about testing,why is there no testing involved in the game? its such an integral part of F1, you have a YDT (please don't force us to do it) but why not replace that with a weekend of testing, before the season starts and during the season. And do proper testing, test aero, brakes, suspension, engine mapping, fuel eco, tyre life etc etc. These things were in the game from the last company that had the F1 license and surely can be done especially if the game is on next gen consoles. Remember if you think there's too much data for 1 disc you can always use 2

:-B
I get the feeling part of the reason the testing during the season was taken out in the C|M games was because real F1 stopped doing it as ide from the pre season test and young drivers test it's only recently been brought back in mostly I think because of the tyre mess we had last year in the sport and the new regulations
There was testing last season, in mugello mid season, plus the other tyre tests. so it could have been in the game and i did say have a testing session before the season starts, the first part of the career should be a testing weekend at Bahrain/Jerez. Mis season test at mugello. The test should be realistic, not just testing 1 thing like what you do in career.

we should have a setting to call up the engineer mid race and ask a few things, change of front wing angle at pit stop, pace comparisons, strategy options, call Charlie ( review a collision/dodgy overtake/dangerous driving/ request safety car (debris on circuit etc) etc) as there is a free button on the directional pad which is not used it could be done on that and the subsequent menus also on the directional pad. i should patent that idea lol :)]

My updated list for what I want in Career mode A live driver market so drivers switch teams at the end of the season Rookies Drivers retire (as in the end of their career) Calendar changes (new tracks, returning tracks, tracks leave the calendar) Manager Mode (which could go to the extreme where you don't race but you sign two drivers and build your car, sort out tactics etc...) Only if their is a live driver market, a longer career Personalised numbers Realistic unrealibility 2010 style career Choose your career length Maybe make the whole paddock which you could just walk around and talk to the press etc... Choose your contract length Have more than one rival Long term rivalries which span on for a few seasons, like Senna and Prost And finally, ANYTHING THAT DOESNT MAKE CAREER MODE STALE AFTER ONE SEASON